We must be mad… (Wallet-fattening exercise)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Firstly - I want to thank the many, many lovely people who I’ve ‘met’ here on EOS. I know loads have bought ‘Chickens’, or have emailed or messaged me. What nice people you are! Special thanks to Justin who recommended it as top Christmas pressie last December.

Yes, I’m writing the sequel to ‘Chickens’ now. The working title is ‘Two Old Fools - Olé! It won’t be ready for a few months though.

My BIG NEWS is that Joe and I have just signed contracts to go and teach in Bahrain for a year. We leave on the 20th August. So we’re having to pack up our house and leave our beloved little Spanish village. We’ve found great homes for the kittens and Paco next door is going to care for the chickens.

It’s only for a year, but I’m already missing our life in Spain… We haven’t taught for years and never even visited Bahrain. (I had to check the Atlas to find out exactly where it was!) Never mind, it’s only for 1 year, it’ll be an adventure and fodder for another book - Two Old Fools on a Camel, or something…

Victoria  

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 4:44 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Looking forward to the next edition, the first was a great read and I even coaxed my wife to read it, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. As for not knowing where Bahrain is don't worry the pilot should know!! Have fun.

P.S. If the wallet feels to heavy I am available for over-spill.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 5:26 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi Victoria,'

A real adventure for you. Watch out for the camels, they bite.  I can' t wait for the book.

Best of luck

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 5:56 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Redsam,

Thanks for the compliments! Yep, we'll leave it to the pilot... You are at the top of the list in case the wallet bursts. :)

Victoria

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 6:15 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hi Jacqui!

Sorry and surprised to hear you returned to the UK. And I agree, all the camels I've ever met are bad-tempered and bite.  And spit. :(

Keep up the writing! 

Victoria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No keyholding fee property management - 0 posts
Furniture for sale - all brand new and still in wrappers - 0 posts
Good ambience and Classical guitar music wanted - 0 posts
GBP to EUR exchange rate - 13 posts
CAR HIRE UK - 0 posts
AR60NAL - 0 posts
Anyone looking for yacht crew? - 1 posts
Wanted - Smart car or similar - 0 posts
EOS TEAM HELP,PLEASE - 1 posts
Taxes and other fees payable at Roda Golf - 3 posts
PAYMENT OF I.B.I. - 25 posts
IBI Inconsistency - 2 posts
Completion of Building Projects - 1 posts
Stunning Danish Mordern Dining Suite white wash solid oak - 0 posts
For Sale - Opel Corsa - 2 posts
Spiral staircase - 6 posts
Registration costs? - 2 posts
Can anyone help Calpe - 0 posts
What are the advantages of roller shutters? - 0 posts
Developers from Spain selling in Brazil - 1 posts
Our Daily Bread - 0 posts
Room in van travelling from Plymouth to Granada - 0 posts
Cheap LHD car or van wanted in the granada area - 0 posts
How can I get the community administrator to cooperate with me - 27 posts
ron l - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x