PAYMENT OF I.B.I.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

last year I paid my i.b.i. tax in august, I also

paid my rubbish tax in may 2009.

does anyone who lives or owns a property  in the

formentera area know when the bills are due out for this

year. I am getting a bit concerned as I want these bills paid.

I have been told that even if you do not receive your bill and it has

passed the final date for payment you are still fined.IS THIS CORRECT

coolyes

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 6:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

We have this set up as a direct debit and as far as I know this has not been deducted as yet.

But should be this month I think. 

Yes you are fined if you do not pay it when due.

Pat

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 7:02 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Don't know where Formentura area is but we also live in San Javier and have recently received our IBI invoice which needs to be paid by 30th Sept, not sure if different areas receive them at different times.

yes it is your responsibility to pay your taxes

Pat

How did you set up as DD, did you have to go to Town Hall for forms, as currently we are paying by transfer.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 7:24 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

We was late in paying this bill the year before last, so we had to go to our local suma office which is is Rojales and pick the bill up.  

We then paid it into the Bank.   So last year we took the paperwork to Barclays when we transferred banks and they set if up for us, we do not normally go out in the summer so this was the best way forward for us. 

Okay if you are living in Spain or sure you will be out in that time period. 

Do not know what you would do in San Javier but I expect you must have a suma office in that area, just ask around. Someone on the forum will probably know.

Hope that helps.

Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 12/08/2010.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 8:31 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Thr nearest suma office is in Torre Pacheco next door to the Guadia Local station. Had to go there when was late paying the car tax, think this is the same place.

Steve.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 10:05 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

we paid ours online.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 10:45 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Candy

How did you get the details to be able to pay online please?

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 11:59 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Hugh

I will dig out the info when I get home tonight and post it for you.

I e mailed them and they gave me the bank details and I just transferred the money over. It was really easy as we weren't due to go to Spain.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 5:47 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well Gina,

Why did I not think of that a couple of year's ago, how stupid was I !!!!!!!!!! 

Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 13/08/2010.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2010 12:42 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Hugh

This is where we e mailed for the bill. It had been sent to our Spanish by recorded delivery and when we got over there it had to be collected at the post office by a certain date, which we had missed so couldn't retrieve it. So have arranged for subsequent bills to be sent to our UK address. No problems we have received it and will pay online again by September so as not to incure charges. I presume that you being in Roda not far from us would be the same address but if you e mail and it's not, they are very helpful and will point you in the right direction.

This is the e mail address...............

sanjavier@recauda.net

Sorry Pat, I don't know yours as you are a little bit away from us. Can't be doing with going to Town Halls and stuff when I'm on my holibobs

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 14/08/2010.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2010 1:04 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

No worries Gina, we are all sorted now direct debit.    Have a great holiday. 

Not long for our's now 30th August as long as flight's are okay.

Pat

Like 0      
14 Aug 2010 12:15 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Thanks Candy that is very helpful, I will email them next week, even though i will be over before payment date it makes sense to set up a DD.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2010 8:34 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

You're welcome Hugh

You have a good holiday too Pat.  We're off next Sunday can't wait

Like 0      
01 Sep 2010 9:02 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

I have got the bill and paid I.B.I for 2009 and 2010 in July as they just foun me.

Is the IBI now in September for 2010 or 2011?

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2010 4:21 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

I have set up a DD for these payments for my apartment in Benalmadena.  I saw that they deducted the payments in June, but they then deducted another lot 2 weeks later.  Is this normal?  The total they've taken is almost 400 euros for IBI and basura!

www.golfpartment.co.uk
www.myposhbags.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Sep 2010 9:30 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

On the Costa Blanca the IBI is paid in September by whoever owns the property on January 1st of that year.  The suma, the office who prepare the bills, sends out reminders in August that the bill is due to be paid.  You have until October 4th? to pay after that there is a penalty payment until the bill is paid.

I changed banks a couple of years ago and my fiscal rep  didn't amend my direct debit.  I had problems paying the bill that year but was assured by my agent that my new bank details had been registered at the suma office.

I had to go into the suma office the following Easter as I was still receiving car tax requests for the previous owners of the house.  Whilst there I checked whether my bank details had been amended.  They hadn't but I was able to give them the details and they printed off 3 copies of the direct debit instructions.  One they kept, one was for my records and the other I had to hand into my bank.

This year I was also able to do the same for my car tax to be paid by direct debit.  As it was the first payment I had to take a copy of the bill to pay at one of the banks listed but all future payments will be paid by direct debit.  The same would apply for IBI payments if the bill had been prepared for payment.

In Torrevieja our Basura payments are included in our Water bills.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2010 9:43 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks for all the answers, but my qestion was:

Is the IBI now in September for 2010 or 2011?

I have been to Torrevieja office and they are wery helpful but I forgot to ask this.

If anyone is i doubt about if any municipal tax (SUMA), ask your Gestion Tributaria and you will get everything sorted out (exept that I have been registrated on the wrong property but this has to do with Land Registry, Catastro)

Like 0      
03 Sep 2010 7:48 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I thought I had answered your question in my first paragraph.

The IBI payable in September is for that year, 2010, not the following year.

You pay IBI part in arrears and part in advance.  The year goes from January to December.  Who ever is the registered owner on January 1st is liable for the bill.  So if you purchased the property on January 2nd onwards then the IBI should be paid be the previous owner.

When did you buy the property Arne, it seems strange to be paying your IBI bill for 2010 in July?  Or was it the end of July, if so perhaps they had started the process of preparing the bills for this year?

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 7:39 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks Semijubilada (are you 64.5 or 37.5?) for the firm answer.

We completed 28th of February 2007. The deed was signe in 1st of August same year and we also got Padron and Recidensia in th autumn.

Our community was formed in October 2008. We got Electric meters i beginning of 2009. We are still waiting for dustbins, street lights, Telefonica, entrance from main road and Habitation Cert.

In June this year we got an Bill for SUMA , I.B.I for 2009 and 2010. It seems that only a few people have recieved this bill, but as people dont know very much about Spannish taxes, it is difficult to get a clear picture.

The reason I started this thread was to find out i I should expect another bill for 2011. I could be the same problem as with car tax; the bill is not sent out at all so we have to ask for it  in the Ayuntamiento.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 2:21 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Hello Arne - From the dates that you have stated then you are not liable for IBI for 2007 but you are for 2008 onwards.   In 2007 the builder/developer would have paid, even if you only have land you still have to pay IBI.

A new property can take 3 or 4 years before you get your back dated bills but they have to be paid asap.

As you received a demand to pay your backdated bills in June then I would have thought that you have paid 2008, 2009 and you will still need to pay 2010 this September.   I normally receive a bill/receipt dated  August as a reminder that the bill needs to be paid via my bank account in September.

When you were in the Suma office in Torrevieja did you set up a direct debit to pay all your future IBI bills through your bank account via a direct debit? 

This is how I understand the IBI system for Costa Blanca, I bought a resale but I have had conversations with other users on here who have bought off plan/new builds and have found large IBI bills 2/3 years later either in their post boxes or pushed through the property gates.  This delay in producing IBI bills catches a lot of people out, if you search earlier IBI posts you will see what I mean, it has caused a lot of financial problems as they come completely out of the blue.  Solicitors/legal representatives and estate agents don't inform purchasers until they write and inform that xxx amount needs to paid over to pay the bill, sometimes within 15 days.

I think the only people who can answer your querry is the Suma office, if you can't get into the office there is a number you can ring.  I'm unable to supply the number as I'm in UK at the moment.  I think it appears in the English papers, RoundtownNews, Coastrider etc on page 2.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI Inconsistency - 2 posts
Completion of Building Projects - 1 posts
Stunning Danish Mordern Dining Suite white wash solid oak - 0 posts
For Sale - Opel Corsa - 2 posts
Spiral staircase - 6 posts
Registration costs? - 2 posts
Can anyone help Calpe - 0 posts
What are the advantages of roller shutters? - 0 posts
Developers from Spain selling in Brazil - 1 posts
Our Daily Bread - 0 posts
Room in van travelling from Plymouth to Granada - 0 posts
Cheap LHD car or van wanted in the granada area - 0 posts
How can I get the community administrator to cooperate with me - 27 posts
ron l - 2 posts
Renters,,advice wanted - 1 posts
Justin I need your help - 0 posts
Air Traffic Control Strike - 10 posts
salibor collars - 1 posts
Tunnels between santnader & salou - 1 posts
The Grace and Style of the Spaniard - 0 posts
casares area - 8 posts
Looking for Work in Spain - 3 posts
Home need for 3 cats - 1 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - Chapter 1 by Jose M.Lopez Avalos - 0 posts
Advice on spanish taxes - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x