Help needed - hearing aid

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Hi fellow threaders   ... I hope someone can provide some much needed advice please.

My mum in law lives in Spain on a permanent basis. She wears a digital hearing aid as her hearing is so poor. However, she takes it out when she speaks on the phone because of all the interference it causes. This means that telephone conversations are either one sided or she often mis-hears / misunderstands what we are saying which can be frustrating for us all.

Ive been surfing the net to try and find out about whether there are hearing aids that dont cause interference with digital phones but havent found any real solutions thus far.

Can anyone offer some advice pleasde? We would really like to have proper conversations on the 'phone and be confident that she is understanding what is being said. Should we look for a telephone amplifier and if so, wheres the best place to purchase such an item in the Costa Blanca Quesada area? (my soul mate is coming over to Spain in a week's time and is keen to resolve this).

Thank you all

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 11:56 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Try here. They have telephones compatible with hearing aids that have a "T" position and also a lot of other useful information. Should also give you an idea what models to look for if you want to buy in Spain.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 2:42 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Thank you Marksfish for the link. I shouldve thought about the RNID myself (a good place to start)

I didnt realise UK phones were compatable for Spain

Wend

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 10:04 AM by BooFlash Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm weating my hearind aids for several years and also had some problems with compitability. Could't use hearing aids and cell phone at the same time. Here I found people who helped me hearing aids on pissedconsumer site. Maybe you can try as well. Good luck.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Need Some honest advice - 3 posts
HPA Loop hole? - 0 posts
Christmas Lunch in Playa Flamenca - Cabo Roig - La Zenia - 0 posts
ENDESA - How do I change to a lower potencia? - 20 posts
Car park attendants - 15 posts
Estate agent in rellue - 0 posts
Looking to rent in the village of Sucina - 0 posts
What is happening to thread titles?? - 6 posts
Reliable Administrators in Duquesa/Sotogrande Area - 1 posts
Christmas in Playa Flamenca - 5 posts
Help please re urbanisation rule liability - 8 posts
Live and work in Spain for free, and gain experience for your CV! - 0 posts
ADANA Upcoming Event Sunday 18 July 2010 - 0 posts
reforma ley de trafico - 3 posts
Bad experience with long term rental - 21 posts
Very Fresh - 2 posts
FS - Freesat HD box - boxed like new - 3 posts
a hi and advice needed - 13 posts
Herrado del Tollo - 1 posts
Rio Seco walk - Pinar de Camopoverde - 2 posts
Watching the Grand Prix on Sunday at Duquesa or Sebanillas - 5 posts
UK Military pension and moving to Spain?? - 21 posts
Looking for galvanised steel fencing panels in concrete posts - 1 posts
Andreason V Zapatero Round 2 - 4 posts
Who is supporting Spain today? - 54 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x