help with proxies

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

I am soooooo confused and really do need some help here, please.

My husband has just taken on the presidency of a small community, this community is 9 years old, the builder opted out long ago; we have no habitational licence and have spoken to the town Hall applying for one, however we must  comply with certain conditions like spending €40.000.00 on making parking bays outside our community

Some angry owners say it is the builders problem but he is long gone. So at the next AGM we want to get every owners attention and vote on this. We have 40 owners and approx only 10 attend the AGM with probably 15 proxies. I would like to know whether the proxy receiver needs to be advised by the proxy donor in advance how to direct that proxy on a particular issue.

I am unhappy about the concept of proxies being considered almost as block votes and one or two owners have complained  about this situation although ironically they themselves have acquired proxies and used them in this way. Probably the majority of owners would like the application for the habitational licence to proceed and finance it but given the complexity and cost of this issue we would like a fair and democratic vote. 

So, please, how best to go about this.

regards,

Mo

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 12:25 PM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Mo

I have seen on other entries regarding Community voting that some Communities when setting the AGM agenda give owners the option to vote on an item.  You are a bit stuck if items come up under anyother business.  This gets away from the old proxy vote problem where anyone who has someones proxy can block vote how they like and not how the owner may vote.  Personally I don't like the proxy system as it can be open to abuse.  You can always put the proposal out to all owners for them to vote on and include a no reply will be seen as in favour of the proposal.  We did this in our Community when setting up a Community satellite system and it worked.  In the case of your habitational licence problem you may need to have an EGM but still give owners the option to vote in favour of your proposals.  Your administrator will be able to advise you on this.  Good luck

This message was last edited by Reliant Robin on 02/04/2010.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 2:56 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

many thanks for coming back to me, very helpful and much appreciated.

Mo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FACUA Spanish consumer organisation - 0 posts
long term rentals - 4 posts
MOT - 0 posts
ITV HD launches full HD channel on SKy and Freesat - 7 posts
So clever! - 9 posts
HIKE IN THE CREVILLENTE MOUNTAINS - 0 posts
Opening a Spanish Bank account in the Los Montesinos/Torreviaja area - any good advice? - 10 posts
La Mairena to La Cala - 4 posts
Legal Informtion - 17 posts
Fixtures and Fittings - Can They Be Excluded From The Sale Price To Reduce Tax - 6 posts
Spanish Property Scandal - 18 posts
need - 0 posts
Proxy forms - 5 posts
opinions - 84 posts
AGM Agenda - 7 posts
Car spray paint - 9 posts
Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts
I've just had another birthday (29th March, not 29th birthday!) - 4 posts
Advise on property purchase in duquesa - 17 posts
Justin and Maria - 2 posts
Girlfriend Wanted - 23 posts
Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x