Buildings Insurance Spain

About You and Your Property
First name *  
Last name *  
Property address *  
Postcode *  
Daytime telephone *  
Evening telephone
Email address *  
Type of property *
Number of bedrooms *
Built area (m2)
Main home or holiday home?
Are you the owner of a tenant?
Year property was built
Alarm *
Building cover required (€)
Contents cover required (€)
Valuables cover required (€)
Security:  Lever mortice locks
Centre locking bolts on patio doors
Key operated security locks on ground floor windows
Any other comments
Items marked * are required
Your privacy is very important to us
This information will only by used by
Allianz to provide you with a
quotation for your house or holiday home
insurance in Spain.

About Buildings Insurance in Spain

Allianz insurance

The following are some important points relating to buildings insurance cover in Spain:

Buildings Cover is a necessity, as not having cover can lead to financial loss and no home to live in.

Buildings insurance covers any damage to the actual structure of the building and any fixtures in that building. Usually, anything considered to be part of the building are things that cannot be physically moved when moving house. Items such as windows, baths, fixed lighting, piping, flooring, built-in wardrobes, doors and solar panels are all covered under the buildings section of a policy. More obviously tennis courts, pools and gardens also fall into this category.

Here in Spain, banks and mortgage lenders will insist that you take out buildings cover to cover the mortgage. This is their way of protecting the money that they have invested in your home.

Buildings cover can be estimated by considering the cost to re-build the same house. As a general rule of thumb, take the number of square metres of the property you are insuring and multiply that by the price per square metre for the given area and property type.

Third Party Liability: When purchasing buildings cover, most policies will also have a sum insured for third party liability cover. Take out the maximum you can afford. Third party liability covers any damage caused to others (by the insured) be it bodily injury or material damage. Some policies will include possible damage inflicted by any member of the insured’s family living within the household or even a pet, to a third party. It will not cover damage to the insured or insured’s family or materials. Check out the liability cover – there are huge differences between the amounts offered.

If you have any further questions, please fill in the form on the right to receive a personal quotation.

Spain insurance services

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x