As a UK guy what is the difference between 'Saldo Actual' and 'Saldo Disponible' for Spanish current accounts (say BBVA for example)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2023 11:38 AM by dfernand Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

As a UK guy what is the difference  between 'Saldo Actual' and 'Saldo Disponible' for Spanish current accounts (say BBVA for example).

I'm asking because I just secured a loan today via my Spanish bank account of around 7K Euros and I've seen it go into my bank Spanish bank account just today (via transacions only), but I had before the loan around 3K Euros of my own .money.

So I am seeing 'Saldo Disponible' 3K Euros and 'Saldo Actual' around 10K Euros' but what does this mean exactly ? (obviously saldo actual is 3K my money + 7K the loan amount = 10K but what in that case does 'Saldo Disponible' actually mean ? is that the amount I can transfer to other accounts and spend via my bank card 'this month' only ?

Why is Saldo Disponible not the 7K(loan) + 3K my money ?  I'm confused !!!?!?

thanks in advance for any help and advice

Like 0      
22 May 2023 12:23 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Current Balance and Available Balance

Like 0      
22 May 2023 12:35 PM by dfernand Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I've read this on the BBVA website and it seill doesn't make sense.

https://ayuda.openpay.mx/ayuda/cual-es-la-diferencia-entre-saldo-actual-y-saldo-disponible/

What are they saying ? that 10K showing un my 'saldo actual'  is transferable immediately ? but the 3K lower (lesser) amount of that same 10K current account balance  is only going to reflect any changes 3 days later ? 

Is the 'saldo disponible'  a monthly spending limit ?  are they reflecting different transfer limits on spending and tranfer types ? say using linked credit card or spanish to spanish or spanish to UK bank transfers ?

I am utterly confused.

Like 0      
22 May 2023 12:57 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If you are ‘’I am utterly confused.’’ you should contact the bank to ensure you are given absolutely correct advice. 

Like 0      
23 May 2023 9:01 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

As per Kavanagh earlier, I would say it is the difference between your cleared balance and your available balance. You are being shown the 7K arriving in your account, but it is not made available to you to spend until all the final checks are in place. It could be available same day, or up to a week later, dependent on transfer type.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2023 3:39 AM by rosydam Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

In Spanish banking terminology, "Saldo Actual" refers to the actual balance of your account, which includes all funds in the account, including any deposits, withdrawals, or pending transactions. So in your case, the "Saldo Actual" of around 10K Euros represents the total balance of your account, including the 7K Euros loan amount and the 3K Euros of your own money.

On the other hand, "Saldo Disponible" refers to the available balance or the amount of money that you can currently access and use for transactions. It takes into account any restrictions or holds on funds that may be in place. In your situation, the "Saldo Disponible" of 3K Euros indicates the amount that you can readily spend or transfer to other accounts without considering the loan amount. This is because the loan funds are typically subject to certain terms and conditions, and they may not be immediately available for spending or transferring.

It's common for banks to separate the "Saldo Disponible" from the total "Saldo Actual" to help customers distinguish between the funds they can freely use and the funds that may have limitations or obligations associated with them, such as loans, holds, or pending transactions. The specific policies and rules regarding available funds and loan amounts can vary depending on the bank and the specific terms of your loan agreement.

To fully understand the details and restrictions related to your account and loan, it is recommended to consult with your bank directly. They will be able to provide you with accurate information based on your specific account and loan arrangements.

FNAF

This message was last edited by rosydam on 6/22/2023.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2023 2:15 AM by cormiercamilla Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

In line with Kavanagh's prior comment, I'd say it's the gap between your cleared and available balances. You're shown the $7000 depositing into your account, but you can't spend it until the final checks clear. Depending on the sort of transfer, it could be made available the same day, or it could take up to a week. basketball stars

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ayúdame a elegir hosting para mi sitio web - 0 posts
La ley mordaza - 0 posts
Jatar - 0 posts
Duty to repair - 2 posts
Energia XXI no bills since December 2022 - 2 posts
Property - 2 posts
Question on setting up cycling holiday company from the UK - 1 posts
Necessary Repairs - 1 posts
Sailing to Spain Ferry membership - 0 posts
Check your passport signature!! - 18 posts
Does deed name change need to be made on selling? - 5 posts
AFAs, DAFAs or SAFAs - 1 posts
The Wanderer pauses - 0 posts
Question for Maria. How long can Spanish courts hold claimants monies and what are the rules governing interim interest? - 13 posts
Autonomo and foreign income (from France) - 4 posts
Recommended builders - 0 posts
Hello - 7 posts
Banco de Espana average exchange rates for 2022 - 3 posts
Corvera - 7 posts
Land rental - 0 posts
Spanish Will - 2 posts
Golden visas and UK driving licence - 24 posts
water pipe - 1 posts
Mijas Costa - Administrator with excelent property management skills required - 1 posts
Recommendations for community chimney survey and sweep - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x