Corvera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2023 8:54 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Flying into here again for the first time since it opened (usually stick with Almeria). It was a bit of a disappointing airport last visit, after all the fanfare of opening. Have the on site facilities improved at all, or is it still a bigger, emptier version of San Javier?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2023 1:35 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 25 posts Send private message

Hi. When you say facilities, what do you mean? There are no Burger outlets etc like ALC. There are toilets, Subway, Costa, small duty free, and a WH Smith.

Flew out of there yesterday, arrived 30 min's prior to flight, picked up Cigarettes at duty free (cheaper than tabac) boarded and travelled home.

Like 3      
28 Mar 2023 8:29 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

For me Corvera is fabulous - no queues, compact so no long walks and has all I need at an airport.  What's not to like?

Like 5      
28 Mar 2023 9:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We use an airport shuttle transfer service, so it gets us there in plenty of time. Last time, there was a WH Smith type outlet, a small duty free shop and and sandwich shop after passport control. Just hoping there was something a bit more to do nowadays, but sounds not. A shame really as the big intentions for the airpirt haven't materialised, although, at least it opened!

Like 0      
29 Mar 2023 5:28 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

It's moved on a bit since your earlier visit.  There's an excellent cafe on the ground floor as you enter.  They do basic refreshments - you can sit outside too which is useful. 

Upstairs, having gone through security and immigration there are 3/4 more shops including a duty free and another coffee etc place.  This is a Costa which is well named, it's twice the price of the one on the ground floor. 

I think there's a gift shop or two, but never used them.

But enough for us and lot's of space, so it's  to find a quiet corner to read etc.

I liked San Javier, but prefer Corvera and hope their number of carriers and desinations is extended.  Binter fly to the Canaries, but most oddly they charge massively more for non-Spanish Nationals to do so.  I'm surprised this doesn't contravene some unfair EU discrimination legislation?  The difference is very substantial.

Like 4      
03 Apr 2023 10:57 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

29 Apr 2023 4:42 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So, just back today. Still a shame to see so ma y unused gates, although 3 in use today with 1 Easy jet and 2 Ryanair. Still the same shops that were there before, although the story told to me today is that there are pams for a shopping centre in the terminal, question is, who will use them? I was surpised to see a TUI flight to Ostend, didn't realise it had an airport. Still easy to get in and out of with minimal queues.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Land rental - 0 posts
Spanish Will - 2 posts
Golden visas and UK driving licence - 24 posts
water pipe - 1 posts
Mijas Costa - Administrator with excelent property management skills required - 1 posts
Recommendations for community chimney survey and sweep - 0 posts
Spanish Banks??!! - 4 posts
visa - 1 posts
Why is my TV in Spanish? - 4 posts
moving to spain - 13 posts
Мacaciones en mallorca - 3 posts
mercadona orange juice machines - 2 posts
End of Hits Mobile - 0 posts
MS driving in Spain - 6 posts
3% retention tax rules - 8 posts
Structural Issue - 1 posts
Cachorros de caniche disponibles para adopción gratuita - 0 posts
diagnosing oven fault - 1 posts
How do I upload photos to sell my property? - 3 posts
Court action against decision at AGM - 4 posts
Spam - 8 posts
airport transfer to hotel - 3 posts
Taking a dog to Europe for 2 days - 1 posts
New Won cases 2022 by CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
New Car Warranty….rights - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x