Vaccination certification

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Apr 2021 18:43 by acer Star rating. 1402 posts Send private message

The "NHS App" is now available online - a bit of form filling, but should, in time, allow the invidual to complete/downoad vaccination certification etc. 

There may be a bottle neck, so if you're in need of this soon...

Like 0      
28 Apr 2021 19:43 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1012 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

What is the purpose of the vaccination certificate? This is EOS and as far as I am aware people travelling from the UK to Spain will require a minimum of a PCR before departure and a PCR on return at their own cost, vaccination certificate or not, and that’s only if Spain gets graded green in the forthcoming traffic light system to be announced in May 2021.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 11:44 by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4534 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Isn't the idea that those with a "vaccine passport" will not require the tests?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 12:40 by acer Star rating. 1402 posts Send private message

That seems to be the intention, perhaps more of a long term and ad hoc facility, as per today's Telegraph.

This is a unique situation with lots of uncertainty, who knows what's around the corner - but it can do no harm having supportive confirmation readily available on your phone - not just for airports.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 13:30 by baz1946 Star rating. 2211 posts Send private message

Us who are still based in the UK have no idea whats going on here, and it seems if anyone says differently they don't have any idea either. It seems at the moment if anyone goes abroad to any country that says welcome here, coming back to the UK you still have to isolate, 5 or 10 no idea, I learnt last night that a leading MP said the UK is fed up with advice from scientists, and should only take notice of what MP's said...So thats how much we truly know.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 13:58 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1012 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The whole COVID ‘’can do, can’t do’’ situation confuses me at times. If you follow media publications which have yet to be confirmed by UK government on 17 May 2021, it seems a vaccination certificate is irrelevant to UK international travel. I assume by that even if you have been fully vaccinated you can still be infected by COVID 19 and transmit it to others.

Entering or returning to the UK. No mention of any exemption for people with a vaccination certificate.

• Green: arrivals will need to take a pre-departure test as well as a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test on or before day 2 of their arrival back into England - but will not need to quarantine on return (unless they receive a positive result) or take any additional tests, halving the cost of tests on their return from holiday
  • Amber: arrivals will need to quarantine for a period of 10 days and take a pre-departure test, and a PCR test on day 2 and day 8 with the option for Test to Release on day 5 to end self-isolation early
  • Red: arrivals will be subject to restrictions currently in place for ‘red list’ countries which include a 10-day stay in a managed quarantine hotel, pre-departure testing and PCR testing on day 2 and 8

I presume a similar procedure will be required when entering Spain. So great news, you can go on holiday to Spain (Amber) but will have to quarantine for 10 days and take 6 PCR tests at a cost of about £720 per person.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 15:00 by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 372 posts Send private message

Currently, Spain only requires a valid negative and printed PCR Test Certificate within 3 days of travelling to enter the Country, No quarantine is required for British Nationals.

Mike T

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 15:25 by baz1946 Star rating. 2211 posts Send private message

Currently, Spain only requires a valid negative and printed PCR Test Certificate within 3 days of travelling to enter the Country, No quarantine is required for British Nationals..............Probably can enter freely, it's the coming back to home that is the problem, Spain says yes because it needs the money....The UK says no because it don't want the bug.....But what do I know?

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 16:28 by acer Star rating. 1402 posts Send private message

You have to think that logically, a Brit returning to the UK who's had both jabs should be less likely to be a carrier of the bug.  But the UK govt currently seem to see this as being a bit political issue...but who's goes to second guess their stance after 17th May? or 17th June or 17th July?

This thread is mildy more interesting than the price of Boris's curtains...

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 17:04 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1012 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Can You Get, Spread COVID After Getting Vaccinated?

Experts still don’t know if someone who is vaccinated can transmit the coronavirus or not

By Diane Cho •  • April 20, 2021 at 8:09 am

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is "keeping a close eye" on COVID-19 cases in fully vaccinated people. On Thursday morning, the CDC said it had reports of approximately 5,800 so-called breakthrough infections, out of the nearly 77 million individuals in the United States who have been fully vaccinated.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 19:42 by acer Star rating. 1402 posts Send private message

Kavanagh - fyi experts have confirmed that a fully vaccinated person is considerably less likely to spread the bug.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 20:56 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1012 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Acer my very good friend. I fully agree, but they can still spread COVID. What use is a UK NHS vaccination certificate to EOS members when even the UK still demands several PCR tests and quarantine when visiting Spain? (If Spain is listed Amber) What is the purpose of this thread you have created?

Passengers ‘use fake negative Covid test certificates’

https://newsopener.com/uk/passengers-use-fake-negative-covid-test-certificates/

No doubt fake vaccination certificates will hit the market when or if they have any value or benefit, like visiting the odd swimming baths or bowling alley, but of zero (diddly-squat) value or benefit in Spain at the moment.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 29/04/2021.

Like 1      
30 Apr 2021 13:12 by acer Star rating. 1402 posts Send private message

Kavanagh,

It's good to see that you now fully agree.

Of course folk will make their own choice on whether or not they download the NHS App.  I believe it is likely to be of benefit to some which is why I made the post. 

There is a procedure to follow before authorisation, so it's best to apply soon if it's perceived to be useful.

Like 1      
30 Apr 2021 17:53 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1012 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Acer, my very good friend. At the moment the certificate has no value or purpose, especially in Spain. It is all a smart PR stunt by Boris (who I like) to promote ‘’didn’t he do well’’ before the May elections.

Like 1      
01 May 2021 17:13 by acer Star rating. 1402 posts Send private message

Kavanagh - I suspect this is more to your taste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

(no doubt you have time for the full half hour...)

Like 2      
04 May 2021 16:29 by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 974 posts Send private message

Think it was Spanish sources postulating allowing vaccinated persons in when the government here was talking about vaccine passports being devisive.

As for vaccinated people carrying covid:

Who is most likely to spread it, someone double vaccinated with a few virii in the lungs that are rapidly being destroyed by the immune system or someone else with no immunity and the virus doubling in number every 30 minutes?

Off for my second jab in two hours time. Probably a waste of time. I'm probably immune anyway but everyone was in a blue funk a year ago February and testing (or even appearance at a clinic) was impossible (unless you were dying, then they sent an ambulance with a couple of spacemen).

Like 1      
05 May 2021 09:47 by baz1946 Star rating. 2211 posts Send private message

Talk of a third vaccination now in the winter for over 50's, has the flue jab gone?

Like 0      
05 May 2021 10:41 by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1101 posts Send private message

No, the report in one of the papers said that those over 50 will get a third covid vaccine plus a flu vaccine. One in each arm.

They are working on combining the two but not successful as yet.

Like 0      
05 May 2021 14:03 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1012 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Has this been announced by the Spanish government? 

Like 0      
05 May 2021 16:47 by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1101 posts Send private message

I think baz was talking about UK with the 3rd vaccine.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Pool builders in Costa blanca south - 1 posts
Student? - 1 posts
Ibi office estepona - 1 posts
Won cases so far in 2021 by Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident - 6 posts
PCR Tests - 8 posts
scrapping a car - 2 posts
Starting a childcare business in Spain - 1 posts
Low pressure from new water heater - 2 posts
Court costs - 6 posts
Bank Second Line Security ID - 6 posts
Is Andalusia open to uk residents - 1 posts
for sale nice guitar - 0 posts
wanted snooker partner - 0 posts
UK car in airport parking, no mot and tax - 2 posts
Eu 90 day rule - 46 posts
Floor Clause win - 0 posts
hearing aids - 0 posts
La Tercia Village Murcia - 0 posts
Lack of Communication from Spanish Lawyers - 6 posts
looking to rent long term - 0 posts
Padron Update non EU Citizens - 4 posts
Air Conditioning V ceiling fans, or both ?. - 6 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Stanley Johnson Holidays? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x