VPN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2019 18:10 by jinxy Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi, can anyone recommend a good VPN service? I have been with Zenmate for several years but find there always seems to be a problem. It runs ok for a while and then I find I am unable to get the UK TV channels so I hink it's time for a change. I pay approx 59.99 a year for their services. Thanks Jinxy

Like 0      
06 Jun 2019 20:49 by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 63 posts Send private message

Hi Jinxy

The problem with VPN services is that UK TV service providers (espicially the BBC) soon notice that they have a lot of viewers all on the same IP address and then they block that IP address. Hence why you loose UK TV. You get it back when the VPN switches to a new IP address and then the circle repeats. The VPN only works if not too many subscribers watch UK TV at the same time and therefore it isn't picked up by transmission monitoring systems.

So you will probably have the same problem with other VPN services. It will be hit or miss.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2019 21:51 by acer Star rating. 1256 posts Send private message

I found the same - IPTV online services are far better than VPN nowadays. 

It'll cost a bit more, but really worth the extra - depending of course on where you live and the service you choose.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2019 21:52 by jinxy Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi, yes I hear what you are saying. I never watch VPN live I just use it for catch up.

Regards

Like 0      
07 Jun 2019 08:48 by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and FRance. 1677 posts Send private message

I have used Le VPN formally MPN for many years. Their DNS service works perfectly and costs are cheap.

https://www.le-vpn.com/smartdns/

Like 1      
07 Jun 2019 12:22 by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 254 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I use Le VPN too. It is a great system with the SmartDNS function. Means any device in the house can use the service.

Juan

Like 1      
08 Jun 2019 17:43 by Fhanrah Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I use express vpn, can have upto 4 active accounts on at the same time, I used it in China and had access to Google/fasebook etc. It was the only one that people kept recommending that worked over there and is voted number 1 on Cnet and techradar which are geak web sites for 2018 and 2019

Like 0      
11 Jun 2019 11:09 by acer Star rating. 1256 posts Send private message

I've been told several times by someone that I should put my PC/laptop into "incognito" mode regularly to stop airlines and other regular sites I visit to buy stuff, from knowing who I am. 

Not sure I believe it, but apparently a lot of the bigger lo-cost airlines differentiate with their quotes, so that if you are a regular customer you pay more than a first timer - like one of these mortgage deals that are not available to existing customers.

Presumably a VPN would automatically stop this?

Like 0      
11 Jun 2019 14:43 by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 63 posts Send private message

Hi acer, VPN would stop this but a simpler fix is to clear all your cookies after each visit to the airline's website. The inconito page is also an option.

What is happening is that these websites use a programme that through using cookies knows that you are continuely looking at a flight therefore it will start raising the price in order to emtionally "blackmail"/ coherece you into buying.

Like 1      
12 Jun 2019 10:22 by acer Star rating. 1256 posts Send private message

Hi Neatrees,

Thanks for yours - I did wonder if it was true - I'm surprised there's not a public outcry.

For sure I will use the "incognito" mode in future.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can they really do this? - 4 posts
good service in Barcelona! - 0 posts
Gardenwaste - 2 posts
First Time Purchase in Spain - 14 posts
Help with Adsense, Please - 1 posts
Yogurts with Live Cultures - 3 posts
Problems with Bankia in 2019 - 12 posts
TV reception Sucina, Murcia - 2 posts
Parking fees Costa del Sol hospital - 0 posts
Sky Remote Control - 8 posts
Who should be next UK PM? - 82 posts
How much notice does a landlord need to give - 13 posts
Costaluz won cases in 2019 - 2 posts
OAPs dependants allowance - 7 posts
how things have changed over the years.. - 1 posts
CASARES del SOL - Court Case Won - 0 posts
Tax refund Mistake - 25 posts
Are your agents giving your property the best? - 6 posts
Hi everyone - 1 posts
Relationship split but joint owned property - 12 posts
Administrator - 3 posts
Car transport to Spain - 6 posts
Legal house on "suelo no urbanizable" - 10 posts
Driving to spain - 31 posts
What buisness would be good idea. (Legally ) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x