Car Rental Business

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2019 07:44 by elliot_meadwell Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I am looking to move to Spain from the UK at the end of the year and was looking to see how possible it is to start a rental car company. Nothing massive just a fleet of 2-3 cars of the old american muscle car period (Mustangs, classic & new). I currently rent out my Mustang back in the UK where I managed to find one of the last companies that will do self drive hire. The problem is insurance for other people to drive, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of where to start or recommend any incsurance companies in Spain where these things are possible?

People say its hard, its difficult but if you look into it people rent there every day car out when they are on holiday, you can rent caravans, motor bikes , quads etc you name it you can pretty much rent it and this isnt just massive companies. 

Any constructive or helpful feedback would be very much appreciated.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2019 13:15 by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2573 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not going to say it can't be done, I know of someone near Mojacar that started their own rental business and I believe it is still running and has grown. Not sure how you would go about it though, possibly visit the local gestor and ask the question?

Mark

Like 0      
19 Feb 2019 02:16 by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4534 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think there's a minimum fleet size in order to licence a rental business (and I think it's more than 2-3), but to be honest, I very much doubt if anyone here (myself included) is qualified to answer your question, so I would take Mark's advice and speak to a good gestor (how you find a good gestor is another matter!) One thing is almost certain: like most things in Spain, trying to do what you want to do (legally) is probably going to be a bureaucratic nightmare. Good luck!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Which Costa del Sol school? - 0 posts
Flight prices to Corvera - 3 posts
For sale yamaha RGXAZ electric guitar - 0 posts
property rental - 7 posts
Hello, a couple of retired brits. - 2 posts
Interest delays vs Brexit - 9 posts
Social Security Contributions - 3 posts
recent amendments to horizontal act regarding disabled and elderly - 3 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN, AT LONG LAST - 15 posts
Medical insurance cover in Spain - 4 posts
Pilates in Mojacar or near - 0 posts
Direct Debit for paying Spanish Income Tax to agencia tributaria - 4 posts
Garden and pool Maintenance cost - 4 posts
Bought nearly 3 years ago - still lots to learn! - 7 posts
Liberty Seguros problems - 9 posts
S1 healthcare for pensioners - default position. - 16 posts
mcik - 9 posts
RENTAL PROPERTY? - 2 posts
Record car hire - 8 posts
Cheapest way to sell? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 32 posts
Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
BOGUS POLICEMEN? - 4 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x