Incoming pension

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2016 21:04 by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 889 posts Send private message

Hi

I get fed up with the bank charges here. I am not permanantly here but transfer a fixed amount each month. To pay the costs associated with owning property.

The bank tells me that if I transfer a pension, no matter how much, then banking is free. I do not want to transfer the whole of my pension (private or state) but would like to take advantage of the pensioner offer.

Could some kind person let me know how an incoming pension looks when it arrives on their statement? (State or private). I assume it is sent in sterling and converted when it arrives?

If I attach a similar message perhaps they will take it as a pension.

Tteedd

This message was last edited by tteedd on 11/05/2016.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 21:23 by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 221 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

State pension from UK 

Transferencia De Worldlink, Concepto

Like 0      
11 May 2016 22:49 by bobaol Star rating. 2261 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

My bank statement says "receipt of pensions". Yes, the authority is also worldlink 0000. Bankia  only requires a regular payment of €200 a month for pensioners to waive bank charges. Not sure if that's only for a resident account, though.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 09:36 by Mickyfinn Star rating. 1334 posts Send private message

Sabadell have a free expansion account if you depost a minimum salary/pension of €700 per month.

Cajamar current accounts for pensioners over 65 are free without minimum monthly deposit.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 12/05/2016.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 09:42 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 4719 posts Send private message

Tteedd

Sorry but why should you think your bank or any bank should change the rules that you signed up for when you opened the account ?   

When I opened my account I was aware that Spanish banks normally charge to receive funds so I negotiated with them that their fee  would be 0.30 euro no matter how large the sum was,7-

I assume it is sent in sterling and converted when it arrives?

I have my OAP paid directly from DWP to my bank. It is transferred though City Bank who make the exchange, always at the very best rates for that day,  it arrives in Euros, to my account with no charges  Occasionally I have a month or two of my crown pension transferred direct  to my Spanish bank to top up that account.  As it is a bona fide pension transfer, in euros, from the pension management company, again never any charges.

My wife who does not have a pension, has an account with the same bank. We discussed with the manager who suggested that if she bought some shares in the bank, there would be no charges for maintenance on her account and she gets dividends from the shares too.

Talk to your bank or go to another

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/05/2016.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 11:27 by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 889 posts Send private message

Hi All

Many thanks for the replies.

In response to the question:

I arrived at the bank I am with now because it took over Lloyds (who in turn took over Halifax Espania). Started with free banking and transfers and ended up paying for everything including getting screwed when I moved property. If they offer a free account for pensioners why should I not take advantage of it if I can?

....................................................................................

I looked at the Expansion account but have no desire to move 700E pm. I am only usually here 3m pa.

I will probably look at the other accounts mentioned (have looked at Bankia previously but there must have had charges for my circumstances as non resident),  if I can't arrange to change to the pensioner account.

I could look at transfering my state pension but I would not want HM pensions to believe I am resident here.

My main pension is transfer all or nothing.

Thanks again

Ted

This message was last edited by tteedd on 12/05/2016.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 12:56 by Mickyfinn Star rating. 1334 posts Send private message

Ted.

Remeber as a non resident you have to pay about €30 tax per person mentioned on the account each year. Its a government tax not the banks.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 14:24 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 4719 posts Send private message

Micky, a new tax ? 

Are you referring to the 'Non Resident Tax certificate' required by the banks, which one can obtain themselves from the National Police or get the bank to get it for you, for about 30 euros, I think every 2 years ?

Like 0      
12 May 2016 16:47 by Mickyfinn Star rating. 1334 posts Send private message

No the banks charge every named customer that is none resident. It was about €28+ as I remember  At least my bank used to. Perhaps it's changed?

Like 0      
12 May 2016 16:53 by bobaol Star rating. 2261 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

That's the one johnzx is on about. Every two years and you could do it yourself for about 9 Euro. The bank charges you for applying for it on your behalf.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 18:12 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 4719 posts Send private message

Thanks Bob..

Micky

This is a post of mine in 2014;

I have asked at the police station where I work.

They say, you need to go to a documentation office of the National Police, complete the application form for the Cert ......... of Non Residency showing you need it for the bank, get the payment form and pay the fee, 6.96euros, at any bank,  produce your passport and a copy, produce your NIE cert and a copy.  They will (should)  issue the cert.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 19:14 by Mickyfinn Star rating. 1334 posts Send private message

Thank you for the clarification. I have learned something.smiley

I guess if you are a genuine non resident the bank assumes you want the service for a fee. On visting the country you don't really want to be visting police stations to save a few Euros.

I'm annoyed the bank never explained it and claimed it was a tax I had to pay. They just were happy to charge me almost €60 every year. Banks in Spain are bandits with a thin cloak of respectability..

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 12/05/2016.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 20:04 by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 889 posts Send private message

My thanks also John. I too am annoyed. The banks have been taking it from me for years. Initally, as I remember, I did not pay it but then about 8 years ago the bank I was with at the time (la Ciaxa) started charging. When I complained they told me it was an imposition by the police for checking on non residents. Others were told the same at the time. One person even told me he had written to his euro MP about it and been told the the police could not charge him anything that they did not charge a Spaniard. I repeated this at the bank I was with then, but they still did not tell me the true story. Must have thought I had a screw loose.

Seems the whole tale is a load of crap.

I shall be asking my bank by what authority they are taking the money (bet there is something in their small print).

Is it actually needed every year?

If it takes as long queing at the police post as it did when I needed a new NIE it may be worth 30 E though.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 12/05/2016.

Like 0      
12 May 2016 21:09 by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1345 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Ted

Bank Inter are now also offering free banking and cards with certain restrictions such as a number of dds etc.

They also pay you a decent interest rate on the current account up to 5000 euros balance.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts
Register car in spain confused - 4 posts
Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts
Kitchen Install Problems - 4 posts
EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts
Trade a scrap car in for a new one - 3 posts
Fireplace Surrounds & Fires - 2 posts
Legal tip 1384. FREE revision of mortgage deeds - 0 posts
Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa. - 7 posts
entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts
Good-cond CAR WANTED - 120 CV upwards. - 0 posts
GE Money have sold their mortgage book to OTAGAZ Gestion Hipotecaria - 17 posts
winter let around Malaga near coast. - 4 posts
Attention of EOS team re spam messages - 5 posts
hihic card - 1 posts
power of attorney - 9 posts
long term rentals - 7 posts
Legal tip 1383.A SPANISH BANK REPOSSESSING YOUR SPANISH HOME?  DO NOT PANIC - 0 posts
Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy? - 20 posts
Re:- Novo Arcos - Arcos De La Fronterra - 0 posts
A UK with a euro account - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

Compare car hire in Spain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x