Car Hire deals or buying

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to find any good or do I mean cheap car hire deals for next year. Anyone had any luck? 

Also thinking about taking cars on hire with an excess to pay in the event of an accident. However, buying an insurance policy on an annual basis to cover the excess if I were to be charged. Anyone had any experience of making claims on these policies. 

Or back looking at buying a car, any good offers around?

I'm out from 19th September and did manage to secure a good car hire deal earlier in the year.

Kevin

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 5:42 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Kev

Your best bet is buying, If like me I was flying out to Spain every month and decided that it was cheaper to buy, then hire what with increasing hire charges etc. I know that the initial costs are high, but that is a one off payment. My road tax is 59 euros & insurance less then 300 euros per year with courtsey car and brakedown cover, plus any driver over 26.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2009 2:00 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi Roddy, Did you buy new or seconhand. The running costs you quote seem very reasonable. Would you mind letting me know what you got. Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
13 Sep 2009 9:45 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Kev

I bought it second hand from dealer not far from you, at Cabo Riog based on the 332.

Like stated earlier, the initial costs are expensive because Spanish cars have a very slow depreciation, the way I looked at it was once on the car ladder it's not so bad a deal. The car I purchased was a Ford Focus 2001 reg, in immaculate condition very low miles (27000), 2 years ITV,serviced, all the paperwork transfered etc. Cost 5200 euros all in, like I said not cheap, but beats paying ridiculous hire charges. The other alternative is bring one over from the UK, I hope this info is of assitance, to you when deciding which way to go.  

Like 0      
13 Sep 2009 12:21 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi Roddy, Yes any advice and knowing what others have done is always useful. Ford Focus is a great car. I bought one in 2002 and my son is now using it. He keeps offering it to me for Spain. It would be a lot cheaper, however there is the cost of importing the car and it will not be a left hand drive. I am certainly going to have a good look around this time. I'll be out about 12 weeks this year so it does seem to make sense. Plus in July I couldn't get one and I spent 17 days without one in the heat was no joke! Thank for your information. Kevin

Like 0      
13 Sep 2009 2:52 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Kev

I can tell you it's hard work locating the right car, I can assure you, because their's, a lot of crap out their, and I guarantee you come along some absolute wrecks at ridiculous prices. Be carefull if chosing to buy privately as any road taxes & fines etc. outstanding, as you may inherit them when buying a vehicle. Has for advice it's no problem that's what EOS is all about, to assist one everyone.

Good luck with your search. 

Like 0      
13 Sep 2009 6:31 PM by mestala Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi

Try economycarehire,I've used them b4 and I've got one booked for October,a new ford ka or equivalent for a week...£125

Steve..

ps  thats from Valencia airport..give them a try

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

looking for work in spain for DJ - 0 posts
Spanish Taxes - 3 posts
One for the petrol heads - 3 posts
Econorent - 8 posts
Golf Clubs - 0 posts
España camisa blanca de mi esperanza - 0 posts
Distressed properties - 0 posts
UK registered cars in Spain - 5 posts
Advice required, Title / Deed Transfer - 3 posts
short term parking at or around murcia airport - 1 posts
Ryanair Baggage return flight only - 17 posts
Would anyone be interested? - 4 posts
Tips for increasing your Spanish property rentals online - 6 posts
Taking a dog from Spain to France and back? - 11 posts
Lost SIP Card - 2 posts
Is It Time For Plan B - 118 posts
Wireless Internet - 0 posts
CAM Bank - Annual interest rate change on loans - 3 posts
Justin, Private messages. - 2 posts
Fire on Estepona Mountain - 7 posts
computer screen gone mad! - 2 posts
Medical Advice if you're moving to Spain - 1 posts
EOS Spanish Course - 13 posts
Gardner & Handyman and homemade cakes! - 0 posts
new sky cards - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x