Ryanair set to charge £1 to use the toilet!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I have just read in a newspapers that Ryanair are set to put slot machines on their toilets and charge £1 to let travellers use them ..... according to Chief Exec Michael O'Leary they are constantly looking at ways to keep the cost of travel down - and he says that as you have to pay 20p to use the toilets in Liverpool train station you should have to pay £1 to use toilets on-board their flights!

And yes - I am being serious!!

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 2:19 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I read this today in the papers and couldn't believe it, won't be flying with Ryanair again.  Just watch the others start doing it.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 4:51 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY RUN OUT OF CHANGE!!!!!!!! 

I bet the US carriers will start to charge as well.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 4:57 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

I've heard of a captive audience but that takes the biscuit.........

Tracey

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 5:14 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, apparently some passengers said that the booking staff told them that.

O'Leary came on the radio earlier and said there were no plans to charge for using on-board loos..........yet.  He wouldn't rule it out in the future but did say these were unfounded rumours.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 5:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Mr O Leary said this on the BBC Breakfast how this morning about 7.40am and it is reproduced on the Beeb's website here: Later news bulletins on Radio 1 say that Ryanair have retracted the statement. Sorry, but I can't see it happening myself.

Mark

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 5:42 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Whatever will he charge for next?

I remember the paper and consequent loo roll shortage of the 1970s. We ran a pub and because the loo rolls went missing each time they were replaced, we had to  put notices in the toilets directing people to the bar if they required them. It was soooooooooooooo embarrassing for customers AND staff when the loo roll was handed over.

Imagine if he starts to charge for them !!

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 6:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We have flights booked in August with them but if he introduces this that will be the last time we fly with them.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 6:32 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Back in the days of the Wild West, there used to be at thing called "The Gentleman's Friend" which was a rubber tube you stuck on your (ahem) thing you wee'd out of, and went into a little flask hidden in your boot.  It was designed to allow you to relieve yourself on long stagecoach journeys.  Perhaps it's time to reintroduce them.  Of course, if you want a No 2 you're a bit stuck.  Unless you dump (no pun intended) it on the food trolley.  Judging by the stuff they call "airline food" nobody'd know the difference, anyway.

(Sorry for dragging the tone down, time to settle down with a glass of bitter and watch the rugby, methinks.)

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 7:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Of course, the flask would have to be no larger than 100ml, in order to comply with security regulations. Better not drink too much bitter before a Ryanair flight.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 7:14 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Well if they do decide to charge for using the loo's they may well shoot themselves in th foot. I can forsee people buying less drinks on  flights in order to avoid having to go spend a penny.Judging by the prices charged this could be a significant loss of revenue.

Bob

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 8:12 PM by rapp Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Ryan air announced today that the were closing most of their check in facilities and that passengers should be able to manage with 10 kgs of hand luggage foar a fortnights holiday  So in the future you can expect to pay £30.00 for each checked bag.

O'leary does not know my wife and what she takes on holiday

I wonder if the airport security staff will lnow let you take through your toothpase, aftershave lotion or the ladies make up that you previously put in your checked baggage?

O'leary is so cocky I hope more people stop using Ryanair to teach him a lesson.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 10:14 AM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

I make a point of only using Ryanair where it's absolutely necessary!

I just don't like anything about the way they operate. We were stuck in  Nice last August when our Easyjet flight was cancelled, and nothing was available till the following afternoon. We were given hotel and taxi vouchers, and managed to reclaim the cost of dinner by sending a receipt. There was also a Ryanair flight cancelled, and they were left to sort themselves out - don't know if they were able to reclaim any costs.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 11:48 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Simple solution...........................incontinence nappies !!!!!!

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 12:07 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

even better solution - do not use the irish gangster airplanes!

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 10:24 PM by John 777 Star rating in West Midlands. 109 posts Send private message

Could not see the toilet charge ever working, unless they employed a toilet attendant as well. People would simply just hold the door open for the next person and simply avoid paying the fee.

The desire to get evryone caryying their own bags on board will also not work whilst the strict rules re liquids being taken on board exist. Nothing to stop them still charging more for hold luggage though.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 11:55 PM by LesD Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hey, come on folks, lighten up.   Have you never heard O'Leary winding the press up before.

Besides, didn't he add that they will be running BOGOF offers quite frequently and 'buy one get one wee' with most drinks?

And I, for one, can't complain.

Two returns BHX-ALC for the end of April...total cost £15.00 inc all
taxes, charges, fees, and anything else you want to accuse them of
loading on.

You can even pay with the Banco Halifax Electron card and not have to
pay the debit card charge.

Buy 'lunch' at Boots on the way out and Burger King on the way back to
avoid their high food costs!

For anyone who has to put up with commuting into London for 2+ hours a
day, Ryanair must be luxury!!!  At least you get a seat!!!

This message was last edited by LesD on 3/5/2009.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 12:57 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

I too would never again fly with ryanair customer is joke, and charging to use the toilets that just sums it right up!

Would you go to a bar or restaurant & expect to pay to use the toilets, perhaps they will a trolley service for bog rolls (how sheets do you require sir!).

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 2:08 PM by acune Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

Why pay Booking charges ,,,,, it's a joke ,,,,I noticed this forum how to avoid this charges we can use Electron cards to pay, can we choose to pay by Euros , as I have Bankinter Electron card. .......... thanks Guys,,,,

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 3:13 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Basically, if the booking originates in Euroland,  the charge will be made in Euros...

If however the flight is booked from the UK the charge will be in sterling...

A return flight from Euroland to the UK will be charged in Euros;

A return flight from the UK to Euroland will be charged in Sterling.

However you might finish up paying more if you pay in euros...and from what I recall the airlines don't give you the option od currency selection when you pay the bill.

As an example, Flybe recently wanted 74 Euros for a flight from Southampton to Malaga if the flight was booked from Spain, but only £52 if booked from the UK...and that equates to an exchange rate of 1.42:1....

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Auriga Crown at Murcia airport - 8 posts
Please speak English!! - 19 posts
A totally free and unique property website - 0 posts
RECIEVING LOTS OF EXTRA SKY CHANNELS - 2 posts
Can you pick up English channels without a dish - 5 posts
Got some learning Spanish ideas for you all! - 2 posts
Developer Mortgage Question? - 12 posts
Linea Directa - liberty seguros - Mapfre ? - 5 posts
Weather forecast - who do you trust? - 3 posts
john colling - 0 posts
New Site Live!!! - 139 posts
Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x