Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Just a brief heads-up to those in Andalucia...

This Saturday is Andalucia Day and as a consequence many large stores will be closed. 

Branches of Carrefour are definitely closed along with Alcampo stores.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 2:59 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi FB,

Yup! Thanks for reminding us all that the shops will be shut, as I have a tendency to forget that bit of information when it comes to holidays!

As long as the bars are open then I will be fine.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 3:15 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

We tend to do our weekly shopping at Carrefour, Alcampo and Mercadona in Granada to take advantage of the gluten-free dietary products in these stores and as it involves a 100km round trip its a real pain-in-the-ass to make the trip only to find the places closed (as has happened on more than one ocassion!)

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 3:28 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Haven't got so far to travel as for us the nearest Carrefour is Estepona or Gibraltar and once a month we go to La Cańada in Marbella, howerver, as you said, we fall foul of it's 'such and such' day and therfore the shops are shut and we have forgotten, again!

I'm going to get a Spanish Calendar so that it will remind me of Spanish Holidays. 

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 2/24/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 11:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You'll never find one that lists them all - there's always a surprise one thrown in unexpectedly. But don't worry, they always tell you about them afterwards in the papers!

If the shops are closed on Saturday, there's a good chance they'll be open Sunday instead - I never could understand the sense of this.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 6:30 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

TechNoApe, there is a calendar you can find here (although it's not comprehensive, but they do update as and when).

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/25/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts
Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts
Rattan furniture - 6 posts
Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts
Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x