Eye Tests

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Is it generally cheaper to get eye tests and specs if necessary in Spain or the UK?  Just wondering whether to get an appointment here in England or wait until we move out in January?  Donna .  (Costa Blanca south.)

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 8:08 AM by Unhappydayz Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Eye tests in Spain are free but I found they are more basic than when you have one done in Spain.  Specs are far more expensive in Spain. I would recommend having your eyes tested in England if you already have glasses and may need new ones, or if you are having eye problems.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 8:25 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Sorry but I have to argue the other way. Recently down in Murcia my wife was complaining that her old glasses were no longer much use and as we walked along I saw what I can only describe as the Spanish equivalent of Vision Express so dragged her inside. One hour later we left, eyes tested and two pairs of lenses (one near & one far) put into her old frames for under 100 Euros.  We tried to get some done in England back in February and all the "same day" opticians were too busy to do a test the same day and the cheapest we found was £100 plus frames. That was in Peterborough, amazing how many opticians there are in Peterborough, everybody must be having too much sex and it's sending them blind!!

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 7:49 PM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar

too much sex,  is that possible?  too much booze yes,too much food yes, but too much sex never, get real folks enjoy it when you can and live a little for some day it just wont happen.

Pat and Ann

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 10:13 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Sex? Yes please!!

Like 0      
15 Jan 2009 11:55 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Hi Donna,

All your items now safely in Spain, we arrived about 1am this morning.

As for the glasses, the shop is VisionLabs and is at the top of Grand Via on the left in Murcia.

See you again in a couple of weks and thanks again for making the collection so easy,
Regards,
Rex.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hot Tub for sale - 0 posts
returning to spain - 0 posts
Looking for Work: Magazine Design & Layout Artist - 0 posts
Suzuki Vitara Convertable for sale - 0 posts
pets - 6 posts
Internet Explorer security alert - 13 posts
Any Info ? - 4 posts
Spanish Language Lessons - 0 posts
Proxy Votes - 7 posts
Importing a car into Spain - 8 posts
Non Resident buying a car in Spain - 5 posts
municipal swimmingpool - 11 posts
estate agent - 0 posts
Help us choose our TV logo - 29 posts
Currency dilemma - 116 posts
Auditor Resigns over missing cash receipts - 9 posts
Green Mould - 3 posts
Spanish Recipe - 8 posts
Rent Increase: what is allowed - 7 posts
Planning permission and "finca rustica" - 0 posts
TDT - 26 posts
Christmas quiz - ho ho ho - 21 posts
christmas opening times - 1 posts
Any info on going personally bankrupt in Spain? - 2 posts
Title under the stars.... - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x