TDT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by Greener Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi. I have a Samsung tv with tdt integated, I have a televes45 aerial. I dont know how to set the 2 up to receive tdt. Any advise gratefully received.

Greener.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 11:47 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

i think you may want more than attach / drill / secure aerial to the roof,point in the direction of the nearest tv transmitter,using coax cable connect the aerial to the tx coax aerial input (possibly you need an mast amplifer and power supply?),search for channels on your tv ??

your tv may have two modes analogue and digital so you will need to make sure you scan the correct system. normally the options are in the installation menu on the tv...your manual should tell you how to set it up. if you do not have a manual google the manual for your make (maybe the samsung site has them for download) and follow the set up instructions.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Dec 2008 7:08 PM by Greener Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for that satandpcguy. The tv does have 2 modes as you say. It works fine in analouge mode but finds no channels in digital mode. There is a signal strength indicator which does not alter. I do have the manual but it is very basic.

Greener.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 4:01 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

if you can get analogue ok and not digital may have to either

change the polarization of your current aerial

or

buy a second aerial and have that as your digital aerial and your existing aerial as the analogue one...

every wondered why so many houses now have two aerials......one is analogue and the other is digital....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Dec 2008 12:53 PM by Greener Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

UPDATE

My aerial is a televes dat 75, the polarity of which can not be changed. Acording to web research this is one of the best for receiving tdt. I know i must be missing something really simple!!!

Greener.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2008 4:42 PM by toucheyturtle Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

So getting the aerial you have said and if it is set up correctly, what kind of channels will you recieve? and is there any channels in the native language that is english

I too have a digital tv so this could be the option for me to have some sort of tv in my apatment i did not realise i could do this.

Where can i purchase the aerial, and should i just put it in line with the others that is on the urb?

Many thanks in advance

The Touch

Like 0      
30 Dec 2008 7:27 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

The channels you get will depend where you are.  To tune into digital, you have to make sure you are on the correct channel on the TV (AV1, 2 etc or L1, L2 etc), if you can see the set up instructions for the digibox then you are on the correct channel.  The aerial will make a difference BUT you should get some channels even on the old analogue aerial.  If not, try boosting the signal with a plug in box (cost about a tenner) and then do the scan.  I also noticed in Spain that the time of day I did the scan made a big difference.  I got 30 channels plus at about 10 in the morning but only half a dozen in the mid afternoon.  I also just used a normal indoor aerial with the electric booster and got the same amount of channels as on the big outdoor aerial.

Out of those 30 odd channels, I think about 8 of them do "dual" language, that is, they also broadcast in the original language (mainly English) as well as Spanish but several of them have the choice of languages as Castillian and Catalan.  You can change the language by using the audio or language setting on the remote and, once set up for your preference, it will stay as that.

I can't rembember them all but Sony TV, Disney Channel, 3 kids channels, Canal 1 and Canal 2 did them in English as well as Spanish.  Unfortunately ,none of the news channels did, even Fox was the Spanish version.  One of the channels, think it was Canal 1, showed an American cowboy film every evening about 5:30 which was good,  Sony have a lot of American series on in the evening (West Wing, Dharma & Greg, Married with Children etc) all in dual language.   That is in the Quesada region, however, eight miles up the road near San Miguel I could only get 8 channels at any time of day. 

Oh, and the digital channels also pixillate a lot in Spain, especially in the afternoons and late evenings, if you don;t have the correct aerial.  I noticed the local Brico House was selling Digital aerials for €79.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2009 7:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Sorry to hijack, but I have a question over TDT.

We know from the forum that a Freeview box will not work in Spain. What if you buy a TV with DVB integrated? I am assuming it would work as when you set up the TV initially you tell it what country the unit is in and they are made for mass markets these days, not individual ones. Am I right in thinking it will work out of the box or is that just simplistic thinking?

Mark 

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 8:01 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

UK freeview boxes do work in spain - but have a few limitations (some dont scan channel 69, and have problems with the alternate soundtrack flags).I would therefore assume this would be the same for TV's with integrated freeview.

however, not too sure about UK TVs with a "non freeview" digital tv tuner....some i have seen work some dont - but on many new's you can select the countyr settings in the menu and off it goes....

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 9:06 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 10:28 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

Rather than start a new thread I thought I' continue with this one, but when we moved to Spain we didn't bother setting up our Sky box (living in an Apartment makes it kinda of difficult to set up a large dish on the side of a 8 story building. Anyways we got Telefoncia with TV and enough English programs to keep us happy. Anyways long story short we are moving to a new area where Imagenio isn't avaiable, instead we are going with Digital Plus.

Just wondering if anyone has Digital Plus?

As an aside Telefoncia now offers service in English, much like your Banking, call and you can speak English to someone.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 10:58 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rob,

With Telfonica now offering an English service this will allow them to dissapoint twice as many people!!

Shocking Company........followed closely by Iberdrola!!

Rant over..

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 1:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

From my sparkly new Iberbanda internet connection . I can now confirm that a UK TV with Freeview/ DVB works perfectly well in Spain.We unpacked ours yesterdy nd set it up, it found about 20 chanels including the Disney Channel where the programmes are in English .

Time to play

Mark

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 2:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Good to know you arrived there safely, Mark, & that the new TV etc works fine. See DVD player from the UK

Check out the Sony channel, lots on there in English. We found loads to watch, you just haven't got to be too picky. The US dramas are worth watching. I love Coronation Street & Eastenders ( many don't, I know) but I don't miss them as much as I expected to, with us only having a TdT.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 6:11 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

From my sparkly new Iberbanda internet connection . I can now confirm that a UK TV with Freeview/ DVB works perfectly well in Spain.We unpacked ours yesterdy nd set it up, it found about 20 chanels including the Disney Channel where the programmes are in English

It may be useful to others who want to use a UK box if you can confirm the make and model of "freeview" box you are using...

And if you can receive the channels on channel 69 - Antenna 3, Neox, Nova?

And if you can change the language setting on other channels (not just SET and Disney)..on TVE2 (La2) for example?

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 7:54 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

Maybe someone tagged our account as VIP by mistake  but we've had nothing but super dupper service from Telefonica. I called Saturday to order the new line, I spoke with an Jose G. and he'd said he'd call back Monday morning before 12 and he did. Not only did he call but they called back to confirm the order, and the techniction called a few hours to our Spanish "translator" to book an appointment.

Anyways does Digital Plus (not to be confused with Canal Plus) use a desk top anntena (aka bunny ears) or a Sat dish

thanks

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 8:58 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Rob - I have Digital Plus and am very happy with it.  They installed about 3 days after I phoned and there was no installation charge.  I pay about 28€ per month for the basic service plus Series - that gives you the Sony channel, Calle 13 and AXN - mainly american series such as Law & Order, House, ER etc.  You can watch in either spanish or english if the programme was originally made in english.

I have about 40 channels but don't use many other than the three I mentioned plus lots of news channels.  I sometimes try to watch the news in spanish as my teacher says that is the best way to learn the lingo - but after a hard day at work I really can't summon up the energy!  What I do miss is stuff like Grand Designs and The Apprentice.

The system is a set top box and a small dish on the roof. 

Hope that helps.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 9:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It may be useful to others who want to use a UK box if you can confirm the make and model of "freeview" box you are using...

It's an Acoustics Solution tv with integrated DVB tuner. The channel listings start at 800- La 1, 801 La2, 803 24h, 803 Clan, 804/5/6 RNE, 807 Canal sur, 808, Canal sur Andalucia, 809 laSexta, 810 Cuatro, 811 CNN, 812 40 Latino, 813 Promo, 814 SER, 815 40 Principales, 816 Cadena Dial, 817 Telecinco, 818 FDF, 819 Telecinco 2, 820 Disney, 821 Cinco shop, 8.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 7:32 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

i have checked on tdt.es using the postcode 04620 which says that you should also be getting the ant3, neox and nova channels also.

these are on channels 69 and do a few movies / programmes in english also...

so either your tuner is not scanning channel 69, or your aerial is not configured correctly...

Cobertura:Disponible
Código Postal:04620
Población:PUERTO REY

Listado de detalle
Servicio Cobertura Centros / Canal de emisión
TDT NACIONAL
TVE 1  Disponible PECHINA
Canal 57
. .
TVE 2
24H TVE
Clan TVE
Teledeporte  Disponible PECHINA
Canal 66
. .
Veo
SET en Veo
Intereconomía
Cuatro  Disponible PECHINA
Canal 67
. .
CNN+
40 Latino
La Sexta
Telecinco  Disponible PECHINA
Canal 68
. .
Telecinco 2
Telecinco FDF
Disney Channel
Antena 3  Disponible PECHINA
Canal 69
. .
Antena.Nova
Antena.Neox
Hogar 10

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 8:08 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

Thanks, Clair, that's what I thought  Rob

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Christmas quiz - ho ho ho - 21 posts
christmas opening times - 1 posts
Any info on going personally bankrupt in Spain? - 2 posts
Title under the stars.... - 5 posts
Thumbs Up! - 3 posts
Big Dish Little Dish Rebroadcasting where to next - 6 posts
Buying in villamartin - 15 posts
Heirs of Inheritance - 4 posts
Hi - 5 posts
New Years Eve - 5 posts
Is The The Tide Turning - 24 posts
CHRISTMAS 'SWEETIE' QUIZ.................give it a go ! ! ! - 40 posts
Compound archery set - 0 posts
Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - 2 posts
FORWARD CONTRACTS - 7 posts
Fincas wanted - 0 posts
Old school photos - 10 posts
Christmas lights - 2 posts
Hi all, and advice please... - 2 posts
UCI Bank - Help! - 6 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Fuerteventura in the New Year - 1 posts
ethical problem - 5 posts
Registration of Rental properties - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Karensun - 10 posts
Hello again - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x