Kitting out apartment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Oct 2008 12:43 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Steve,

Sorry I can't help with your question but I think it might be a good idea to change your username.  You'll end up getting spammed if you put your email address on a public forum like this.

Cheers

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 12:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Steve

We're near you in Spain. For things like a toaster & iron (aren't you planning to iron  ) we were happy to buy from Carrefour but certainly not larger & more expensive things like a TV & a DVD player as Carrefour's customer service is legendary, notoriously bad.

We went to Master Cadenas electricals (for TV, DVD player & a Zanussi washer) who have outlets all over & we used the one in Haberneras Mall behind Carefour. There's Garcia's just along the Crevillente road towards Carrefour from Crevillente direction, who are good for all you ask about. There's Tien21 shops all over. (There's one along the N332 just outside Guardamar that I know of, just past brow of hill where you turn right to Lo Montesinos. It's on your left.

Electrical goods are guaranteed for TWO years in Spain too.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2008 7:55 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

In Carrefour they had a TDT box which also has an DVD player in it on special offer for 40e.  It also has a usb port to play MP3.  I bought it from Eroski and paid 50e

Very easy to set up as it has English instructions, I couldn't get the TV side to work (TDT is Spanish equivalent of Freeview in UK) as I only had an indoor ariel and I'm in a poor reception area.  Will try again when I get an outdoor ariel installed.

I bought a dvd/vcr combi from Carrefour five years ago and a dishwasher.   I haven't had problems with either.  Only grouse I have with Carrefour is that the instruction booklets are in every other language than English.  I did buy a Samsung hoover and those instructions were in English but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out how to use a hoover.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2008 8:45 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
semi i got that one and it is good (i got mine from Carrefour at the special offer)

Like 0      
13 Oct 2008 9:42 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Have you set it up as a TDT system?

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 3:25 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Yes i have and get about 30 channels some not as strong as others and those ones appear during the day but not at night I live near Los Altos and I expect that the community aerial is pointing at the mast near guadarmar

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 6:13 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Great news that it works, my postcode shows up as red at the moment so am not expecting to get full reception.  I did tune it in with an indoor booster ariel from Carrefour.  I managed to get TVE1 and channel 9? hard to see with all the fuzziness.  Took it back for refund and used another ariel I found which I'd brought over from UK.  This time I got Vega Baga TV plus channel 9 (shows western films in afternoon) still fuzzy but sound was ok.  Need to sort out outside ariel next trip so handy to know there's a mast in Guardamar to point it too. 

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 7:18 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
I've tried 3 different types of indoor aerial for TDT including one with a booster and got absolutely zilch (well, 2 fuzzy things from somewhere on one sweep) from El Galan and Quesada.  Builders then put up a communal aerial and wired up all the houses in our place in Quesada and I got 30 odd channels on the first sweep.  Some of them drop out and pixellate at certain times of the day but managed to get Canal 9 most of the time (love those old Westerns on about 5 o'clock) and the odd decent film in the evening (Goldeneye one night, but did crackle now and then).  I have a Digi TV booster aerial which I'm going to take out next time and see if that improves it.  I think I got about 6 of those channels that also broadcast in English but can't remember what they were, definitely Canal 9 and the Disney Channel, though.  Teledeportes not in English but shows Premier League matches live over the weekend and the F1 races, as well.  Gets interspersed with bullfighting, pelota and other such Spanish pastimes (well, it is Spain, after all).  Looks like a monthly delivery of DVDs from home is on the cards and I can lock SWMBO in a room to catch up on Corrie.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advice on selling property - 1 posts
Manilva Beach - 0 posts
Cam Bank - Advice Needed Please - 2 posts
Agents Commision - 11 posts
Tina - 1 posts
Still looking for a bike! - 5 posts
3 Bed Town House For Sale - 1 posts
How do you get your money back rom Villapac? - 118 posts
Best way to Drive: London to Malaga - 11 posts
Security - 2 posts
Buying a car in Cartagena / Murcia - 3 posts
Refund on Off plan development - 4 posts
life insurance - 1 posts
Are Banks cutting Back on lending - 1 posts
Documents you should carry with you - 14 posts
NOT completing - how long to wait for court case - 3 posts
Sunny Dublin - 0 posts
Viewings on development threads - 2 posts
Arrives the automatically way to enforce sanctions by criminal offence in all EU territory. - 1 posts
Telefonica Domo2 Telephone Manual in English Required - 5 posts
Buildings Insurance without a cédula - 1 posts
Long therm rental wanted in Orihuela Costa. (Pianist and Optican). - 2 posts
Play Piano with *Larissa Yvonne* Pianoteacher based in Orihuela Costa - 0 posts
LFO Clause - 11 posts
CLASS 2 LORRY DRIVER LOOKING FOR WORK. BASED IN ROJALES BUT CAN TRAVEL. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x