Globespan

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Stephen2006 Star rating in Glasgow/ Torre Guil . 78 posts Send private message

Stephen2006´s avatar
Winter Flights released today.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2008 1:17 PM by danzar1972 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Not really sure of the fiability of this airline.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2008 4:00 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Just had a very nice trip to Edinburgh with them. Hope they keep going.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 11:19 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Just  a word of warning....

My brother, his wife and in-laws flew from Alicante to Glasgow airport about 2 weeks ago, on checking their bags in they were all told that their hand luggage (normal sized bags) had to go on the belt to be weighed....they refused as did a few other passengers, only to be told by the check-in staff that if they didnt have them weighed, and pay the 140 euros extra weight fees, they wouldn't be allowed on the flight...quite a few people were also complaining, but it fell on deaf ears. They paid up but will never use Globespan again
Has anybody else come across this 'con'?

regards
Carole

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 5:48 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi - Globespan - and some others - often weigh the hand luggage.   Their booking conditions clearly state "the maximum weight for combined checked-in and cabin baggage is 20 kilos."  I have had to pay extra in the past and often pay in advance for extra weight just in case as it is so much dearer at the airport.

I am flying to Glasgow and back in a few weeks and they have changed my return flight to go via Durham adding nearly an hour and a half to the flight time.  They also changed a friend's return flight in September and I think it looks like they are consolidating flights to save money.  If they reduced their prices they might get more bookings!

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 3:37 PM by rovinramon Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Claire T,

we had a globespan flight last year on which we flew from Edinburgh to Glasgow(50 miles), picked up three passengers, then continued on to Alicante, This added 90 minutes on to the time, and we never knew until we were taxiing for take off from Edinburgh.  They would have been cheaper to bus the three Glaswegians to Edinburgh to get on the plane. No wonder they have to rob as much as they can in the form of baggage fines.

RR

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can any EOS member Recommend a Good Car Hire company based at Malaga Airport. - 8 posts
Problems with bank guarantees on Santa Maria Greenhills - 34 posts
Roguey - 0 posts
Anyone see an audience with Neil diamond on ITV ? - 4 posts
Manyana muy bien para mi. - 1 posts
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SELF EMPLOYED PEOPLE IN SPAIN - 3 posts
Excelente manyana - 2 posts
Please Take Note!!!! This Happened - 1 posts
Garden Furniture August 2008 - 2 posts
coming to spain - 0 posts
Cancellation of contract - 5 posts
Caravan registration & Insurance - 3 posts
Manolo's restaurant, Campo de Guardamar, CB - 1 posts
Coming soon: new facility for Halifax bank: International Electronic Funds Transfers online - 0 posts
Budapest.................... - 2 posts
Moving costs - 2 posts
Indulge me... Jodie is Nancy...yessssssssssssssssssssss - 18 posts
have a look - 3 posts
What do i need to do before being allowed to take my Rottweiler into Spain - 10 posts
Taking my 2 dogs, 1 parrot a snake and a lizard to Alicante - 32 posts
EASYJET WARNING !! (NOT JUST EASYJET, there's INTERFLORA, EXPEDIA, VISTAPRINT, ALLPOSTERS, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc) - 20 posts
one for the EOS team or an old hand - 3 posts
Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! - 24 posts
Restaurants in Elviria? - 22 posts
Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x