Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2008 1:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just for Rixxy.

ABBA : Mamma Mia

Like 0      
27 May 2008 1:18 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Rixxy how could we forget ABBA fantastic,Elton , Julio , Celine ,Gloria Estefan,the list goes on
I just feel sorry for More, she has become E.O.S.  Disc Jockey every song takes you back to somthing happy/sad/place. We went to see Celine in Las Vegas last year, Gloria reminds us of Shamu  at Sea World Florida performing to her music,Julio reminds me of holidays in Spain long long ago,and Elton well what can you say, I no you get your moniesworth when you go to see him live like Neil Dimond, Neil Sadaka, Cher, Whitney,All the best wishes with your health Rixxy, sandra

Like 0      
27 May 2008 1:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Celine, another of my favourites. I'm having a ball here, Sandra, don't worry about me.  Actually, it was ace of goodstich to show me how to put these tiddy links on as it said "embedding disabled by request" on my usual way of doing it, the way Justin taught us.

video

Like 0      
27 May 2008 1:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Celine Dion : I'm Alive

Like 0      
27 May 2008 1:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Paul Anka : Put your head on my shoulder   awwwwwwwwwwwww.....................

Paul also sings Forget Him

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/27/2008.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 2:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sandra, don't know which one of Elvis you're after. So many to trawl through, too.

We'll be there September, I feel another meet coming on.

It really is very easy to post a video. First go to Google & type in the title of the song & click search. Find the EMBED code & copy & paste it into the oblong box below the reply post. You need to also write something in the reply box even if it's just a full stop. I use 
http://www.youtube.com a lot as they're the main video site & have thousands. Some sites have a tiny embed thing which you need to click on to show the code. Often you need to look hard for it too.

Here's Enrique Iglesias & Dolly Parton singing When You tell Me That you Love Me

Like 0      
27 May 2008 2:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
This one of Whitney Houston always leaves me crying as my friend, Dawn, was killed in a horrific coach crash in Majorca some years ago. 

She had gone to see The Drifters in concert in Palma, with her husband, their four sons & her parents. A drunk driver came straight at their coach as it returned to the complex they were staying at. The coach went down a ravine & ended up upside down. All the family were injured but survived. Dawn was the only fatality in around 45 people who went on the special trip. She was 40 & left four young sons, youngest was 5. 

They put the CD of this on as they carried Dawn's coffin into church. Everyone was so upset, it was beautiful though. It echoed throughout the church. The kiddies wanted All things bright & beautiful sung so we did. It was a unique funeral. There wasn't enough room in the church so the service was relayed outside too. Hundreds attended. Dawn was well known in our area, she was much loved by many who were lucky enough to know her. I can still hear her say to me when I commented to her that she'd AGAIN put milk in my coffee when I ALWAYS said I want it black " When you're with me you'll have milk in it !" She was a really bubbly personality too. We worked together at Pontin's one year near us here, cleaning chalets, & what a laugh we had. She's buried near us here & her stone has her photograph on it.  Jill Dando, who was from Weston. is buried in the same cemetary. Dawn's mum, Marianne, is my friend & lives a few doors from us. I've watched Dawn's sons grow up into young men over the years. I see photos of Dawn whenever I go for coffee. She is so badly missed.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 2:27 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

Thanks More for Julio and Dolly that was one of my sons and daughter-in-laws songs at their wedding don't think it was them singing it though, still had to blow the old nose and wipe the eyes. More I went into your Paul Anker video typed in Elvis Laughing song and bingo came up Are you lonesome tonight BUT without your help it wont get any further call me thick but I just freeze when it comes to technology, so please could you do it for me it will make everyone laugh instead of cry, best wishes sandra

Like 0      
27 May 2008 2:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Oh no, what happened to my video ?  I must contact Justin.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 2:57 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

So sorry More about your friend in Majorca its very sad how old are the boys now, the reason I'm asking is we went to see thr Drifters in Majorca when my son was about 6 or 7 and hes 31 now it was at a place called Solmar Club ( I think long time ago) in an openair  nightclub outside Palma, kind regards sandra

Like 0      
27 May 2008 4:48 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
there you go rixxy..........................

This message was last edited by georgia on 5/27/2008.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 4:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

my last year of junior school..........

This message was last edited by georgia on 5/27/2008.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 5:03 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

i had this playing as we walked down the aisle on our wedding day............
Its good fun if you put in why you remember the music,great thread more.....

Like 0      
27 May 2008 5:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Posting this again in the hope it will embed correctly this time & not bugger up the thread again. Thank you for sorting it Justin. 

This one of Whitney Houston always leaves me crying as my friend, Dawn, was killed in a horrific coach crash in Majorca some years ago. 

She had gone to see The Drifters in concert in Palma, with her husband, their four sons & her parents. A drunk driver came straight at their coach as it returned to the complex they were staying at. The coach went down a ravine & ended up upside down. All the family were injured but survived. Dawn was the only fatality in around 45 people who went on the special trip. She was 40 & left four young sons, youngest was 5. 

They put the CD of this on as they carried Dawn's coffin into church. Everyone was so upset, it was beautiful though. It echoed throughout the church. The kiddies wanted All things bright & beautiful sung so we did. It was a unique funeral. There wasn't enough room in the church so the service was relayed outside too. Hundreds attended. Dawn was well known in our area, she was much loved by many who were lucky enough to know her. I can still hear her say to me when I commented to her that she'd AGAIN put milk in my coffee when I ALWAYS said I want it black " When you're with me you'll have milk in it !" She was a really bubbly personality too. We worked together at Pontin's one year near us here, cleaning chalets, & what a laugh we had. She's buried near us here & her stone has her photograph on it.  Jill Dando, who was from Weston. is buried in the same cemetary. Dawn's mum, Marianne, is my friend & lives a few doors from us. I've watched Dawn's sons grow up into young men over the years. I see photos of Dawn whenever I go for coffee. She is so badly missed.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 5:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Sandra wants me to post this one of Elvis laughing. 

Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight ?

Like 0      
27 May 2008 5:57 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

Thanks More that was better then I could do it, so many tears today with some songs so this was great for a laugh hewas so good looking at that time in his short life, sandra

Like 0      
27 May 2008 6:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Procul Harem : A whiter shade of pale

Like 0      
27 May 2008 6:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
The Moody Blues:  Nights in White Satin  1967

Like 0      
27 May 2008 6:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Animals:  The House Of The Rising Sun

Sing along now !

Like 0      
27 May 2008 6:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
The Mamas and the Papas - California dreamin'

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how long? - 6 posts
Baby equipment hire - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Motocross - 12 posts
KIA SORRENTO - 0 posts
Bichon frise pups for sale - 0 posts
Help Need Information - 5 posts
SERVIRED WEBSITE IN ENGLISH. FIND YOUR NEAREST ATM IN SPAIN. - 1 posts
Veranda Al-Andalus - Keymare - 27 posts
Defra Website must read when contemplating bring pets to Spain - 1 posts
healthcare in Spain, HELP - 18 posts
Apartment wanted for rent 24th July to 14th August - HELP!!!!!! - 2 posts
Embargos on Motor Vehicles - 5 posts
IKEA furniture pricing in Spain/UK - 23 posts
Spain for Eurovision - 37 posts
LYNX JET, THE FUTURE FOR MALE TRAVEL - 2 posts
House and Pet Sitting - 0 posts
A&J Global Group S.L - 1 posts
Builders/ Developers ? - 0 posts
Spanish countryside experience - 2 posts
hello - 55 posts
Mobile phones - 12 posts
2 bed townhouse wanted in Torrevieja, long term - 7 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL IN TORREVIEJA - 0 posts
Moving In - 22 posts
nie address and telephone number - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 131

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x