Getting my cat to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by carol maroney Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

My husband and I will be moving to Spain later this year, we have a cat we want to bring with us. Can any one tell me the cheapest safest way to get him there. We know all about pet passport, it's just that every way I looked at it it's going to cost a lot moreto fly him then both of us.  So if any one knows how to get around this I'd be most gratfull

Carol Maroney

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 10:31 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

There are lots of experiences shared on this in threads in our board Taking pets to Spain Just click blue link & read threads, especially this one Transporting Pets to Spain

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 12:03 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Hi Carol

I'm using a company called Easypet to bring my Spanish cats over next week.  It is to cost 410 Euros per cat.  They are collected from the Spanish address, brought overland with an overnight stay, then through the Channel Tunnel and delivered to my door. I think it's the least traumatic for them and works out cheaper AND there's no having to collect them from the airport. They deal with all the documents/beurocracy too. I'm sure they do it the other way too (UK to Spain). Try emailing Trudie at easypet.uk@virgin.net

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 12:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You can't wait to have them around either, can you, Vicki ? Hope you feel a bit better now.  

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 12:29 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Hi More.  Yes, I'm feeling a little better now, getting excited about the imminant arrival of 'Los Pekes' !!  The house has seemed so very quiet this last week without Mycat - that's partly why I went away at the weekend...

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 12:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well, don't forget about an avatar of Mycat or new ones, will you. I may not be around on forum but I'll happily help you achieve an avatar. You have my email address. Send photos to me.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:13 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Thanks ever so much More.  Will do!  (This forum's never going to be the same without you....)

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 3:01 PM by carol maroney Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Thanks Vicky I will e-mail to get a quote,do you really think it's less stressfull by road than a short flight?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 3:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hello-o-o-o-o . I suggested looking in here earlier Transporting Pets to Spain as my friend, Suzi, took her cat to Malaga by plane with her very cheaply. Cat went in hold obviously. See Suzi's post 14th May, 2007 9.17pm.

I phoned GB Airlines Pet Line (affiliated to British Airways) 01293 579546 and spoke to a very helpful man called Pete.  He suggested that my cat could fly as 'excess baggage' on any BA flight and I would only have to pay £4.65 per kilo (wieght of cat plus carrying box) plus £20 handling fee.  So working on the basis that a carrier weighs about 5 kilos and my cat weighs 4 kilos = 9 x £4.65 = £41.85 + £20 handling fee = TOTAL of £61.85 (not forgetting the cost of an approved carrier - will let you know how much that costs later).  Suzi told me around £40, I think for carrier.

Have you looked at any posts, lots of info.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 3:42 PM by carol maroney Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Thank you so much just read Suzi's write up ,sound just the thing,will ring them and let you know

Carol

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 4:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I know it went well, Carol. Suzi bought the travel case from HERE I'm sure she went from Gatwick. Anyway she & I (both wanting to relocate our cats sometime) spent forever getting best/cheapest ways of taking them to Spain. This was easily the cheapest. You travel with the cat too so that's a bonus.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 7:52 AM by carol maroney Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Thanks so much you've been a star, never thought I'd get any replies as I've never posted any thing before

can't belive the response,

Carol

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 11:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Carol, I've found info for pets going by air with British Airways. How did you get on ?

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 7:50 AM by carol maroney Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Hi Thanks for info will give them a call, don't know when we're going yet but I'm saveing all the info I get

So thanks again,I'm sure as thetime gets nearer I;ll have all sorts of questions to ask!

Carol

Carol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Another bit of daftness from Sunny Spain - 39 posts
Hola Life Snagging Surveys - 1 posts
cleaner - 0 posts
The UK lose battle to withhold benefits............ - 17 posts
Pet Insurance - 5 posts
Pool Covers - 4 posts
Hi - 0 posts
What is the best way to pay a small amount of Euros? - 8 posts
Where are you from!!! - 7 posts
Terque Web Site - 1 posts
Flights From Glasgow to Malaga or Gibraltar - 11 posts
Sun Loungers - 13 posts
Cash and Carry warehouse - 2 posts
Pensions info from Euro Weekly News February 28, 2008 - 0 posts
European Union allows sadistic torturing of animals because it's tradition - 2 posts
Signing on the Padron - 1 posts
EARTHQUAKE - 19 posts
Luna Mar Apartments - 8 posts
Vista Hermosa Santa Margarita - 2 posts
Kingo - 1 posts
Kingo - 9 posts
Dyth Gwyl Dewi Sant - 4 posts
A new month, March, begins. Morerosado is "retiring" with her OH on 13th ! - 79 posts
sky - 2 posts
Opticians. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x