Schools - Spanish v International

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2008 7:14 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hello Noreen,

We are indeed very proud parents, and thank you for your kind words.

Barbara

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 7:29 PM by shezbo40 Star rating in Cuevas de San Marcos.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi Noreen

I too am very proud of my girls.  It is amazing how they have just all got on with it.  People don't always give teenagers the credit they deserve but I am sure Barbara agrees they are definately a credit to us.....

Sherryl

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 8:03 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi Sherryl.

Yes they are indeed a credit to us, we cant believe how well they have coped, better than us with all the changes they have had in their lives. I notice that you said in one of your earlier posts that your business had not worked, have you managed to find jobs yet? we have found it is not so easy to find work inland, have you had the same experience?

Barbara

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 11:08 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

HI Barbara & Sherryl

I thought both their posts were amazing.

My sister is a secondary maths teacher in an all girls school & her year 10's (14/15 year olds) are monsters who don't want to do any work.

Both your girls have obviously tried to get the best out of a massive change in their lives & that is a huge thing to do at their age.

You are both totally right to be extremely proud of them.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 11:09 PM by shezbo40 Star rating in Cuevas de San Marcos.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi there

Sent you a pm..

Shez

Like 0      
09 Feb 2008 10:54 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

two fantastic posts from Jessica and Jodie.

It is very heart warming to read and must reasue any nervous parents.......

I wish you all the best and future sucess......

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
09 Feb 2008 6:43 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi Noree.

I must admit, being a teacher these days is quite a daunting thought, I worked with children in the care system in the UK and although I loved the job, it could be extremely difficult. My eldest daughter is a teacher in an international school in Milan, she teaches 6 year olds so wont have the difficulties your sister has. My personal opinion is that if children want to learn they will, and if they dont, well..............

Barbara

Like 0      
09 Feb 2008 7:38 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi  Georgia,

Thanks for the comments about the girls. I have to say though, the Spanish school in Villanueva del Trabuco where we live have been very good. When Jessica started she was, and still is given excellent Spanish lessons, and the teacher has been great. She is taught with a very small group of mostly British children and enjoys the lessons very much. All the Spanish teachers have been very patient and the Spanish children in her class have helped her too. Fingers crossed things will keep going as well as they are.

Barbara

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 11:16 AM by shezbo40 Star rating in Cuevas de San Marcos.... 8 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your comments re the girls.  My two younger girls age 11 and 10 have been given tremendous help.  They have been doing seperate work to their class to enable them to learn the language but they are both now at a stage where they are starting to do the same work as the class and might I add that they are getting similar results as their friends in tests, not bad for 4/5 months of schooling.  One of the teachers gives them extra lessons after school two nights a week for two hours each night and it is free.  In the senior school we did have to go and ask for extra help but again they have been more than helpful...

I agree with Barbara that if a child wants to learn they will no matter where they go....  I worked in a primary school in a special unit for kids who couldn't cope in a main stream class (the average age being between 4 -7) so I have come across some very difficult and challenging behaviour.  Yes at such a young age....  I know in the senior schools back in Uk they have alot of units within schools for those who don't want to work.  Don't get me wrong, my girls have said that some of the kids in their classes are really bad in class and there does sometimes seem to be a lack of discipline but I know the teachers who are involved with our girls are def willing to put the effort in for them as they see how much work the girls are doing to imrpove their spanish.

Just wish that my old brain would start to retain the language.  I am struggling so much and get very frustrated....  My girls laugh at me when I try to speak with their friends because I always get it wront.  Well at least I try, that's what I say......

Sherryl

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 5:38 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

I agree with Sherryl, the teachers are the same with my two girls, because they are willing to do the work, they have a lot of time for them. What warmed my heart yesterday was that my 13 year old daughters Spanish friends took her out last night for her birthday, and bought her a necklace which they got engraved for her. I had been so concerned about her missing her school friends from the uk, but her new friends are equally as good. We are also very lucky with our lovely Spanish neighbours, we went for a trip to the theme park on the coast with them in November, and now they have asked us to go away with them for a few days in the summer, they also gave my daughter a beautiful birthday present. I just wish my Spanish was good enough to have a proper conversation with them, anyone got any ideas about how to learn Spanish easily????

Barbara

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mortgage Criteria Tightening - 7 posts
A website about new construction property in Murcia - 2 posts
can anyone help - 3 posts
can anyone help - 1 posts
Advice on Off-plan Disaster Please - 18 posts
Hello, Happy New Year from Mag and Mitch from Edinburgh - soon Albamar, Quesada - 2 posts
Picture framing - 0 posts
Driving Lessons in Estepona - 0 posts
Endessa Online help please - 37 posts
Waxing lyrical about the city of Murcia yet again - 3 posts
A Happy Spain Experience - 43 posts
Looking for good property with potential - 19 posts
Long term let required on Roda Golf Resort! - 0 posts
Looking for long term let on Roda Golf Resort - 3 posts
Benalmadena ice rink - 7 posts
New road to Alicante Airport from Altea and North - 5 posts
Anyone heard of Compo & Sol? (see link) - 0 posts
Call costs to the UK - 3 posts
Wanted.. Accommodation in Benalmadena - 0 posts
Wanted..2+bed accommodation in Benalmadena near Arroyo de la Miel.. - 0 posts
Any recommendations for eating places in Mojacar/Turre/Garrucha/Los Gallardos ? - 36 posts
Happy New Year - 11 posts
Christmas in San Cayetano - 4 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 13 posts
Litani B&B near Pinoso - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x