UK state Pension

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I was talking to the Inland Rev today and they gave me some info worth saving until you are 65...it seems that if you leave the UK before your retirement age that all you UK state pension rights are frozen..ie you can (assuming there will still be one in 2029) claim a UK pension when you are living in spain...didn't know that! Probably all you lot did but am sharing anyway since I have 15 years in UK and 9 years in Ireland already built up with private pensions as well....so now I don't feel so bad at all

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 5:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

OT I know, but where did you ring the Revenue to find someone that knows what they are talking about with regards to overseas? I have tried several local tax offices and the website in my hunt for info on what expenses you can set aside from the taxman in the UK on your overeas property. i.e. mortgage payments, maintenance, etc.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 8:13 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I contacted the overseas Reveue advice area on 00 44 191 2254811....very helpful chaps

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 8:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thank you for that. I will contact them tomorow.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 2:06 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hope they helped you...let me know how you got on

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 3:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I tried that number, only to find out it is for National Insurance enquiries only  I was then given a number for UK non residents in Liverpool, who, couldn't help because I am a resident. They did howevergive me a number in Manchester where they were very helpful and they also have an ex- pat department. The number is 0845 300 0627. After months of searching, I have finall found what I want

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 10/12/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bill & ev marshall (newcastle upon tyne) - 1 posts
SPANISH BANK HOLIDAY - 18 posts
THANKYOU - 2 posts
Completion Dates - 4 posts
Almanzora - 3 posts
competa - 2 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS - 12 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS... - 6 posts
It's Me -- Again - 0 posts
problem getting power connect. - 0 posts
Where can we buy bicycles? - 3 posts
Help Me Out - 2 posts
SPUD - 10 posts
Filipino In Need of Advice - 0 posts
LONG LET NEEDED - 3 BED IN PLAYA FLAMENCA - 2 posts
CYCLING - 0 posts
On a diet - 23 posts
Questions for anybody who made the move with children - 10 posts
Watching Chelsea in Spain - 1 posts
Salvador Artesano - 24 posts
Advise please on renting in a community - 6 posts
Help! - we've been told we cannot rent ou our apartment! - 3 posts
TECNOLOGIA URBANISTICA - 151 posts
españaexpo 07 - 3 posts
selling spanish property - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x