No More Wealth Tax in Andalucia From 2023

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2022 2:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The regional government has announced the end of wealth tax in Andalucia as of the 2023 tax year. The measure is designed to attract new wealthy residents to the region. It accompanies a reduction in income tax for the lower earnings brackets.

Get your free guide to buying property in Spain

For more information, you can check out our blog: https://costaluzlawyers.es/blog/end-of-wealth-tax-in-andalucia-from-2023/

Please, feel free to post questions here, we will be very pleased to answer them for you ;)

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 10/10/2022.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jun 2023 9:16 AM by Al3MtS Star rating in Sitges. 4 posts Send private message

Al3MtS´s avatar

I'm intersted to know if this decison has impacted people's choice of where to live when moving to Spain. Is the 0% wealth tax in Andelucia (and Madrid) as big enough drawcard to get people to choose these areas over other parts of Spain?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2023 8:42 AM by rosydam Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Tax policies can indeed have a significant impact on people's decisions about where to live, especially for expatriates and high-net-worth individuals. The 0% wealth tax in regions like Andalusia and Madrid could be attractive to those seeking to minimize their tax burden on wealth and assets.

When a region offers favorable tax conditions, it can draw in people looking to relocate, retire, or invest in that area. By reducing or eliminating wealth taxes, Andalusia and Madrid can potentially appeal to affluent individuals, investors, and retirees who have substantial assets and want to maximize their financial benefits.

Other factors also play a role in people's decisions to choose a specific location when moving to Spain, such as the cost of living, climate, lifestyle, proximity to family and friends, quality of healthcare, education options, job opportunities, and cultural attractions. So while tax policies can be a drawcard for some individuals, they might not be the sole or primary factor influencing their choice of location.

It's important to note that tax policies can change over time, so potential expatriates or investors should conduct thorough research and seek professional advice to understand the current tax implications fully. Additionally, personal circumstances and financial situations vary, so what might be attractive to one person may not be as impactful for someone else.

If you're considering moving to Spain and tax implications are a significant concern for you, it's recommended to consult with a tax advisor or financial expert who specializes in international taxation. They can provide personalized guidance based on your specific situation and help you make informed decisions about where to live and how to manage your wealth effectively.

only up

Like 0      
05 Aug 2023 2:27 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Andalucia is a great area to be, but having lived there myself I reckon it's also one of the most expensive in Spain.  Will this change have a positive affect with the other regions?  I don't think so.  Andalucia seems to be wanting to become the home for the wealthy expats.  Most others seem to be happy to remain as they are.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2023 10:34 AM by Al3MtS Star rating in Sitges. 4 posts Send private message

Al3MtS´s avatar

@acer Is it property prices or goods and services that you found higher cost in Andalucia? Also interested where you have lived and found better value?

Like 0      
11 Aug 2023 12:04 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Valencia Region is scrapping inheritance and donations tax. Also stopping the tourist tax before it is implemented. Their next step is to get rid of the wealth tax which is already at a very high value so not paid by many. 

When they say abolishing or getting rid it's not quite true. They have given a 99% reduction on these taxes which effectively makes them nothing. The actual tax remains as it couldn't simply be altered at a later date.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2023 1:50 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Hi Al3MtS,

I had a small place on the now notorious Puerto Banus.  It was lovely but totally spoilt by it's growith in popularity. 

Of course that's very much personal choice, I moved to Murcia, better value for money and a lot more Spanish.  I rate Valencia equally highly - lived there for a few years too.  Spoilt for choice!

Like 1      
12 Aug 2023 6:50 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I shouldn't worry to much about paying wealth tax anywhere in Spain as a foreign resident..  your world wide assets have got to be worth over one million euros.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 8/12/2023.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2023 9:45 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can read about the matter in this thread of the forum:

https://costaluzlawyers.es/blog/end-of-wealth-tax-in-andalucia-from-2023/

We will be pleased to answer any related question

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
13 Aug 2023 5:52 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hi Windy, good point. How do they know what your worldwide assets are? And how do they value them? My father left me a Timex watch and an Austin Allegro.

Like 1      
14 Aug 2023 10:05 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Kavanagh, the Timex watch is worth so much more then the Austin all Agrow, unless it has the square steering wheel.

Like 2      
08 Mar 2024 1:48 PM by Tony_98 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks for sharinge...

Like 0      
09 Mar 2024 7:34 AM by Tony_98 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

"Thanks a lot for sharing this useful information. It's really helpful! Valero Credit Card Login

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lower Income Tax in Andalucía 2022 - 2 posts
CostsLuz´s clients victories in 2022- Congrats! - 1 posts
gold plating - 3 posts
Off plan purchases and Consumer Law - 0 posts
Greetings to everyone - 0 posts
is hungary in EU - 2 posts
Is it okay to use Sous Vide machine for cooking? - 2 posts
Looking for Ping Pong Balls - 2 posts
Barclaycard, no ATM fees - 0 posts
is Bizum safe - 3 posts
Barclays requesting me to close my uk account - 22 posts
Water supply with Socamex - 1 posts
Short term medical insurance policies in Spain - 4 posts
Adverse possession of Land - 4 posts
Looking for Recliners for Elderly - 4 posts
Help on mortgages and management - 12 posts
Covid Test - 2 posts
Spanish Will for Non Resident property owner - 2 posts
Reputable letting agent for Costa Del Sol (Need a 6 month let) - 5 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Long term Airport parking - 16 posts
Property with planning permission expired (half built) . - 2 posts
Lack of British holiday makers on the Costas - 8 posts
Selling property /final taxes - 0 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers won cases in 2022 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x