What Legal Rights Does The Mother Of My Son’s Child Have? (Spanish rights)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2020 8:12 PM by carlyoung Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Okay, some silly family skirmishes to deal with here.
My son’s girlfriend became pregnant and recently gave birth to a baby girl.
To cut a long story short they have problems with their relationship and she recently threatened us with legal action ("I will call the police") if my son doesn't help her to take care of the child when she goes back to work (in October) But he has already told her that he WILL help her with the child. We were going to let her live (freely without rent) in a 3 bedroom flat we own nearby but her attitude has made us put this on hold and she has become even more aggressive. So now we have told her to find a small flat and we (the grandparents) will help her with half the rent. She thinks its likely she could lose her job if my son turns up late to look after the child (and since her job is a simple supermarket job this is a legitimate worry) my son (26) doesn't work and has some other problems (that we don't need to go into just now)
Basically we need to know what the law requires of him generally in these circumstances, and what the law may require of him should she lose her job for any reason. I suppose there is social welfare for mothers with young children?. And any other information that might be useful to know about cases like these (all too common most probably)

Like 0      
15 Aug 2020 8:31 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Ask a solicitor.

Like 1      
16 Aug 2020 1:58 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Never ceases to amaze that people with problems never have a problem with having sex, which if they don't know can end up producing children that have to be looked after, preferably by both parents.

Like 4      
16 Aug 2020 11:28 PM by carlyoung Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

One of the problems of people with problems is they don't know they have a problem

Like 0      
08 Sep 2020 10:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Carlyyound:

Depending on your son´s financial possibilities , Law will require a different amount as child´s support

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 08/09/2020.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

2nd PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA - 2020 deadline for claims against Banks in off-plan purchases, illegal houses... - 0 posts
1st PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA : Is NOW a good time to buy? - 0 posts
Punta Prima Commercial Centre - 0 posts
Problem with Telefonica Fija (landline) Phone Incoming Calls last only 3 rings - 2 posts
Question over using a UK bank to take a mortgage on the purchase of a Spanish property ... - 10 posts
Duquesa Village - 0 posts
Wanted: 7-10 day Non-simultaneous holiday home swap in August. - 0 posts
Thank You to Costaluz Lawyers. - 1 posts
Fees to be paid - 1 posts
Job offer but struggling with TIE - 5 posts
La Tercia or Corvera Golf holiday property - 29 posts
Bank transfer from Spain to U.K. - 2 posts
Things that will affect resident brits after 31st Dec 2020 - 50 posts
Padron - 6 posts
Two new European Court Decissions on Abusive Clauses in Spanish Mortgages - 0 posts
Padron - 1 posts
Community AGM - 6 posts
New resident - 2 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Tax on UK property rental - 1 posts
Missing 3% retention refund from the tax office - 4 posts
Looking for advice for buying holiday home in spain - 4 posts
New forms for Reidency in Spain of UK citizens - 21 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Arrivals from UK - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x