Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2020 9:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Nobody said she isn't entitled, or is denying her "human right" to take whatever action she feels is appropriate, only that it may not be worth the stress / expense. What a very bizarre comment.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Jan 2020 12:31 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Just wondering is there a handle on the actual scale of this problem. How widespread is it?

Like 0      
08 Jan 2020 2:23 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

So far we know of one case wink

Mark Twain

Like 1      
08 Jan 2020 2:33 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

This is the only case we know of. It would appear the majority, if not all of UK residents do not have any issues. Perhaps Despair12 is encountering a unique problem that no one else has ever encountered. If Despair12 wants’ all this stress, costs and time consuming activates over 4 years of witholding tax of €60 in total (half a tank of petrol) so be it. However it does seem extreme.crying

Like 1      
08 Jan 2020 4:57 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Just reviewed the previous thread and back in December Despair identified there were many affected... the implication being that many were elderly with small holdings.

"Fact remains there is a Dual Taxation Treaty which Spain is signed up to and they owe us and many millions of others refunds ...the only reason they are getting away with it is most Santander shareholders only have tiny holdings  are very elderly and not computer literate ....so not able or aware of filing  MAP complaint .

The actual cost of selling the Santander shares outweighs any return and in fact generates a Capitol loss and IAG will be worse because of the value used in the merger ....versus aquisition value ....all the options have already been carefully looked at and the holdings merged into one ."

So is this a widespread problem?

Like 0      
08 Jan 2020 5:26 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Despair12 only makes this allegation. Where is the evidence? Where has she got this information?

Like 1      
08 Jan 2020 6:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"So is this a widespread problem?"

Would you like it to be? surprise Perhaps there's a massive international conspiracy going on here. Maybe the Russians are involved. Or maybe Despair just needs to pay a gestor to file a 210 for her to reclaim the excess withholding tax. 

Mark Twain

Like 1      
08 Jan 2020 6:13 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Or maybe Despair12 should just sell her shares and have done with it all.laugh

Like 1      
08 Jan 2020 7:40 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Roberto

Of course I wouldn't wish it to be widespread. Please don't infer such intent from asking the question. 

You have taken the original observations seriously and tried to assist and gain clarity just the same as I have so please don't infer any other agenda on my part.

This message was last edited by ads on 08/01/2020.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2020 12:50 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

The entire issue is now subject of a MAP  / competant authorities complant and when i get a response i will update ...but its now down to UK and Spain to sort this out 

As i have said before ...selling Santander shares is more expensive than the return because of how the transfer value was  handled   same goes for IAG 

I am not stupid and have looked at every angle 

Like 0      
02 Apr 2021 3:45 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Well 15 months later and even MAP are tearing their hair out ....Agencia Tributaria refuse to refund witholding tax until their website accepts a form 210 and the required PDF is produced 

They refuse absolutely to accept there is a problem with their website ......they refuse to recognise our  NIE or NIF 

They have refused the Digital Certificate which is now out of date 

They refuse to accept the BIC code of the bank refunds should go into 

No matter what is done their website refuses to accept the 210 ......Abaco insist the 210 is correctly completed 

So total stalemate exists and Spain still has my cash and no i cant sell the shares because thanks to Covid they are pretty much worthless 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x