cockroaches

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2007 4:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
The lizards (,my relations) are cool - in fact help to keep the insects down so encourage them in - they more scared of you - Rob if I ever found a roach big enough I would get it into a death roll - actually that brings thoughts to my head - rolling and roaches - peeps wil get the wrong idea about me!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 5:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The little gecko like lizards are very welcome - they eat other more annoying bugs, are fun to watch walking on the ceiling, and make my cats eyes go funny!

I had one cicada outside my window yesterday. I think he had lost his pack (herd, gang?...) and was calling out to them. They're only the size of your average cockie, but my God, have you heard the noise one makes? I had to turn the TV up to drown him out. It's really deafening.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 5:28 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

You should go up in the mountains when they are mating - was up in Valtocado a couple of years back and I thought there must have been millions of the buggars and was looking for the swarms of them - people I was with told me there were prbably half a dozen or so in the vicinity - amazing the noise generated.

funny when we met I didnt notice you had cats eyes - more like a maudlin Basset Hound appearance and I simply put it down to too much beer

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 5:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Precisely the answer I expected from you as I typed "cats eyes" - so predictable! Taken out of context, your post sounds quite intriguing:

"You should go up in the mountains when they are mating ..................I thought there must have been millions of .... buggars and was looking for .... them"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 1:06 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

Eurrgghhh! Now I'm itching!

When we first moved to Playa Blanca (a year ago nex Monday - wow!), we had an ant issue (ys, those tiny ones in the kitchen). Since then though it's been okay. Those disgusting abominations aka cockroaches are vile! We've only had 3 or 4 in the past year - and hubby's very heavy clog / flip flop works a treat on those... and yes it gets hosed down before coming back in the house. We worry about the dog eating them... but he's not exactly subtle when he finds a new "playmate" lol.

Love the lizards. We have one living on our terrace (we've named him Gordon Gecko). Unfortunately his tail was removed by our over zealous hound recently... but it seems to be growing back okay.

What makesour blood boil is the mozzies... little f*&^%rs! Oh, and at the moment we seem to have a fly problem too. I don't think I could survive in fresh air anymore.... we seem to be surviving on Raid air.

As we speak, I'm carrying out my "fly dance". It's much like raving was in the 90's... only with a lot more swearing! ;)

Elle xx

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 1:09 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

This thread gets worse and worse!

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 6:03 PM by gems Star rating in E. Sussex. 11 posts Send private message

I think i'm a bit put off moving to Spain now. Not sure I can survive living with cockies. Thought I might be safe living on a top floor apartment, not so sure now. Scorpions climbing stairs..... Actually I prefer scorpions to cockroaches.

Cockies are like rats. If you see one, you know theres probably hundreds hidden away. Yuk!

Who started this goddam thread anyway!!!

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 6:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

We had a commercial drain cleaning company out recently to try to sort out the problem of our flooding garage every time it rains. One of the guys decided to go down the manhole outside, to see if he could see a blockage from that end. He happily climbed 2 metres down his ladder, into a manhole that was literally crawling with big cockies. He wasn't bothered. They mostly scurried into cracks and crevasses to escape the light from above, and he just said they're more frightened of him than vice versa. Still wouldn't get me doing that job. Incidentally, it was later that night that one flew into our bedroom. Nowhere near the aforementioned manhole, so he must've come looking for me specificaly - maybe annoyed at being disturbed earlier?

Last time we had heavy rain (and our garage flooded), we were caught out in the street and had to wade home through several inches of water. (The centre of Torremolinos is always like that when there's a deluge, as the water can't get into our garage quick enough). At one point, we stumbled upon a large rat, soaking and dithering, on her hind legs against a wall, desperately trying to keep her baby's head above the water. Now, I'm no fan of rats, but this made me feel really sorry for her. Fortunately, the water was already beginning to subside, so I think she would have been OK. Couldn't quite bring myself to pick them up and bring them home.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi - 1 posts
The School in San Cayetano - 19 posts
your views on our uk tv quote...? - 16 posts
Wanted Short tem let near Mar Menor Murcia - 4 posts
Sim de-activation - 2 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 5 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 2 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 0 posts
OASIS HOTELS CORRALEJO FUERTEVENTURA - 1 posts
Writer and her well-behaved dog looking for winter rental in Marbella - 0 posts
UK Paramedic - 3 posts
Sunday Maket in General Torrevieja Area? - 3 posts
Sunday Market in General Torrevieja Area - 0 posts
Patsim - 0 posts
ohhhhh fed up - 12 posts
New Business - 1 posts
Alhaurin golf Costa del sol - 1 posts
Mobile Phone Scam - 0 posts
WHO LIVES IN A CAVE?? - 6 posts
Hi all anyone recommmend Polaris World ? - 21 posts
Hi - 3 posts
WANTED - 3 BEDROOM LONG TERM LET IN MURCIA - 5 posts
Don't understand this !!! - 1 posts
MARBLE FLOOR POLISHING - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x