transport for small dog needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2016 3:44 PM by elfaro Star rating in uk and spain estepon.... 3 posts Send private message

Hi ,Iam looking to bring my lovely little man over from south east england to estepona spain. he is a very well behaved chihuahua , i would like some costs and availabilty for him to go from bucks/herts area of uk to estepona on spain, around the 11th september we are flexiable on dates . Thanks 

Like 0      
26 Jun 2016 10:27 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

call the airlines many do this even if you are not on the plane

all you need to do is agree who is checking in and who is picking up

Many kennels around all airports will arrange pick up for you

My neighbours did this for their dog and total cost approx. £500  including pet passport, vet report etc

Like 0      
26 Jun 2016 3:16 PM by elfaro Star rating in uk and spain estepon.... 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for that but don't want to fly him want,him to go by road 

Like 0      
26 Jun 2016 7:04 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

No problem and good luck

For me flying is quicker door to door in half a day (ish)

Like 0      
27 Jun 2016 12:31 PM by stuart1963 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Good Morning,

I am a dog lover that has taken our dogs to and from the UK several times over the last 12 years.

Rather than fly I always take them by road and through the eurotunnel, not ferry as I had a bad experience having to leave them outside in the elements in a storm, needless to say my partner Marie and I broke the rules and brought them in, so did every body else then!

I have no idea who much to charge, I know in my car it is 2/3 tanks of fuel plus 2 overnight stops (maybe not on my own) Eurotunnel both ways then anothe 3/4 tank of fuel from Dover to Bucks area then another 3/4 tank from Estepona to Murcia where I live. Any ideas from you will be very welcome. 

Regards, Stuart Meadows.

Like 1      
27 Jun 2016 1:55 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

@stuart. "not ferry as I had a bad experience having to leave them outside in the elements in a storm,"

That's interesting. I've taken dogs back and forth on the Dover-Calais/Dunkirk ferry many times and have always left the dog in the car for the short crossing. Everyone else seemed to do the same. I'm surprised anyone was allowed to leave their dogs outside in a storm. 

My take was that the OP wanted to know if anyone could give the dog a lift rather than pay for a customised return trip which would obviously cost a couple of thousand if one was also paying for the driver's time. 

Like 1      
27 Jun 2016 2:11 PM by elfaro Star rating in uk and spain estepon.... 3 posts Send private message

Thanks STEWART but was really asking about if anyone was making a trip all ready, or pet transport companies, who had space for that time , not for a round trip personal service, but thanks for your reply .

Like 0      
27 Jun 2016 5:06 PM by stuart1963 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Your welcome.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2016 4:51 PM by krysta Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi - sent you a pm giving you details of an excellent cat and dog transport company, who are DEFRA registered. They are highly recommended by my friends who have used them.

Krysta

Like 0      
28 Aug 2016 3:06 PM by Maxilaweta Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello,

I can recommend the excellent pet transport company. I have their phone number: +353 87 109 90 95

They took care of my dog during all trip, kept my updated, sent pictures. (in very good price: 350 euro)

They are based in Dublin, they have trips to Spain 2 times per month

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Brexit - Petition 2nd referendum - 33 posts
Property Values - 3 posts
Changing Euros For Pounds in Valencia - 4 posts
Townhouse near Malaga - 4 posts
Good mobile service provider for San Javier area - 0 posts
Paying Endesa bill - 3 posts
La tercia golf, worth buying? - 22 posts
Spanish Bank - Judgement of the Supreme Court - December 2015 - minimum exchange rate clause - 19 posts
Travel with cockatiels - 0 posts
Urgent Help Needed to find 'legal' builders to carry out property renovation!! - 1 posts
Boundary marking - 4 posts
Pool build requiring water recycling deposit Murcia. - 3 posts
Lancashire to Mucia Region - 1 posts
Santander Bank - 2 posts
Missing - 0 posts
Are smoke and carbon monxide alarms a legal requirment? - 8 posts
WINTER RENTAL ALMERIA - 0 posts
Moving to spain - 13 posts
Cala de Finestrat - 2 posts
External Gas Water Heater Cover - 2 posts
Selling Property - 0 posts
Pulsar Car Hire - 0 posts
Please shed a little tear for Christiano Ronaldo... - 13 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 3 posts
Car Hire Insurance Con - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x