Restoration of flat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2014 9:03 AM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Hi,

Someone has recently told me that in order to restore an old flat (changing pretty much everything - the floor, kitchen, bathroom, windows etc - but not moving the walls), then I would need to declare this work to the Hacienda and pay some sort of "restoration" tax first. Is this true? Or does this only apply to external changes to a property?

Like 0      
23 May 2014 1:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You may need a building licence from the town hall.  I say may,   because the requirements vary. 

I know one town hall where one must have a licence to re-tile the bathroom/kitchen etc. In another I know, one can completely renew the kitchen without one, as long as you do not interfere with the walls.  So, with a list of what you will do,  ask at the town hall.

The cost of the licence, when I obtained one, was a small percentage of ‘my estimate’ (very low !!! ) for the work.  And all they needed was a rough sketch of what I was going to do,  which I drew at the counter.

Like 0      
27 May 2014 12:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 28. Minor work licenses 
19 January 2009 @ 07:06 

These licenses are intended for works that are characterized by their simplicity and low technical and economic and constructive entity, usually consisting of simple repair works, decoration... which does not require a signed technical project or high budgets. 

In no case involving restructuring, distribution or substantial modification of Structural elements, they are minor works such as paving the ground, retiling the roof, bright ads...

There are three types of minor works: 

Informed: This is not a license. They are works that are not subject to license or payment of fees or taxes on buildings, facilities and works.  They include grading work, plot cleaning, interior work that does not involve changes to ceilings, pillars and to the distribution of the building, extraordinary window decorations.... 

Works subject to licensing and to pay Construction, Equipment and Works tax but not to pay the  Local Council’s fee :  included are: plastering, stuccoing and  painting of facades, balconies, projections, repainting of  shutters, doors;  fences changing of doors and windows, re-roofing  not involving the structure, placement of exhaust and ventilation ... 

They are minor works, subject to the obtaining of license, payment of Local Council fee and of the tax for Construction, Equipment and Works.  Includes front eaves, light box signs, closing of hollows of doors, balconies or balcony-window, window hollows, bumps on the sidewalks to facilitate access of vehicles...

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 27/05/2014.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 May 2014 2:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am pretty sure the last post means:    

Quote   "So, with a list of what you will do,  ask at the town hall".

Like 0      
27 May 2014 2:27 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Correct John!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TWO SINGLE BEDS FOR SALE - 1 posts
Taxman investigates Pensions from outside Spain - 44 posts
Chinese Junk Shops Why So Many - 8 posts
wanted. outer glass door for electic oven. - 2 posts
Elderly village/home in South Spain - 2 posts
Property transfer tax in Andalucia for under 35s - 4 posts
Legal tip 1149. Timeshare and frauds - 0 posts
How do i find cheap car insurance without an agents - 5 posts
What EU MEP's should focus on and make the work for all of us - 18 posts
Carboneras Hotel: Stay or Go? - 0 posts
Barclays-how does it affect ex pats with UK accounts - 12 posts
Decent plumber needed - 0 posts
TFProperties (Cezar Fenianos) Was based on La Torre Golf - 1 posts
Spain's New Stringent traffic laws - 13 posts
Bank Instruments For Lease - 0 posts
Hi all, Wanting some advice on moving to Andalucia region of Spain. Rental help! :) - 28 posts
"Son of Form 720" - 3 posts
SURE PAYS TO SHOP AROUND - 0 posts
Helens Kitchen Roldan - 7 posts
Another one bites the dust - 1 posts
Broadband stick - 6 posts
Anti EU political party in Spain. - 26 posts
Kitchen Units Wickes - 0 posts
New Video how to use your EHIC Card Abroad - 2 posts
Sad Sad Situation - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x