Do you Spain. No free cancellation fees and no email or replys whatsoever

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jul 2013 6:20 PM by bobmoizer Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am sure others have come across this, but I will post to make sure.     I had no reply to 5 emails and a private question 2 prior to booking and 4 since cancelling.

I cancelled when I could not get an answer, what is "Cob"  insurance? plus a question re- the full/full petrol debate , costs and amounts.

Nothing at all from them apart from an acceptance of cancellation saying my guaranteed full refund would be back into my account within 4 days, which to be fair it was,  Unfortunately  it was over £11.00 less than I paid !    I was wondering if anyone has had this experience with this company and how they managed to get the company to resolve it.

I have hired and driven around Menorca for 25 years, and have never come a company like this one, It certainly seems you get what you pay for?

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 9:40 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Still waiting for my refund. The problem was that the original booking that I made and paid for was twice the price when I looked nearer the date I wanted. So I thought just cancel the first one and rebook the cheaper one. But because we picked up to all intents and purposes the same car but half the price they are having problems sorting it out, even though I have given them the booking references of both bookings. The moral of this story seems to be never pay in advance to save a few euros!

I am giving them a another week then I will ask the credit company to get the money back. It has been over 2 months and they say they are looking into it - yeah right

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 10:12 PM by gjohnint Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

NOt Directly relevant but connected storey re our old freinds Gold Car.

On a UK TV progarmme last week ( Your Money their tricks), their practice of charging extra insurance, overcharging for fuel etc, were exposed. So DO NOT USE GOLD CAR you will be ripped off unless you are very carefull

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 8:20 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

We used gold car two weeks ago booked through the site we booked our flights through.....NEVER AGAINthey were rude
They insisted we can only use their insurance when we had insurance booked with the web site and tho add insult to injury the que for the desk was three hours long. We are going to try the desk next to theres in malaga next time I think its called lindo rentals they were polite and cheaper.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 8:45 AM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

I always book Malagacar.com through hirecarsinspain.com.  If the price reduces all it takes is an email to hirecarsinspain.com and they send out a new voucher.  I have never had any bother and no need for extra insurance etc i use my own and they accept that.  They only take the cost of the car hire as a deposit.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2013 8:11 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Finally got my refund from DoYouSpain. It take 5months but it has finally been sorted. I did get replies to my emails but over the holiday period it did take a bit longer. Persistance pays off. What I have learned is that it is not worth prepaying especially if you find the booking has reduced in price before you go so you cancel and rebook, which is what we did, and definitely keep the car hire invoice so that you can show what you paid. That is where the confusion seems to have occured. Happy now with DoYouSpain only wish it could have been quickerfrown

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spain's Tourism is on the rise this year again thanks to British - 1 posts
sky changes for September - 1 posts
Shaving With Broken Glass - 13 posts
Buying a bed in spain or in the uk - 10 posts
Plan Pive-2 - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
They go bust - we pay - 0 posts
Community Fees help please - 9 posts
Dumb Waiters - 10 posts
Gas Inspection - 4 posts
action against La Caixa - 6 posts
New Tenancy Law changes Ley4/2013 - 4 posts
New Owner - 5 posts
If a property is advertised to rent on this site is it legit? - 3 posts
What is your #1 Question regarding buying a property in Spain? - 4 posts
Legal tip 991. What Keith Rule victory means - 1 posts
Recession! Really? - 6 posts
B7 G4 071D Condado de Alhambra -La Isla - 2 posts
Learning Spanish .... - 2 posts
"Spanish as she is really spoke" !!! - 0 posts
New tax rules - 3 posts
How do you rate Spanish drivers - 46 posts
Courier Service, Torrevieja - 1 posts
La Tomatina - 7 posts
anyone know of very good pool companies in torrevieja area of costa blanca - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x