Internet Providers, any Suggestions?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2012 1:49 PM by boggey79 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hello,

Anybody have advice on Internet Service Providers in Spain (Mazarron area)?

We made a few enquiries with IPV6 (Satalite internet), they offer 2 mb download for 19 EUR + IVA per month.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 2:11 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

We used IPV for a few years. Excellent service, we had a problem on one occasion and technician at the door that afternoon.

We eventually  moved to Telitec because they were doing a better offer at the time and we got the Voip phone line for a one off payt of 50 Euros. This gives us an 0845 number so family can phone us cheaply and we can phone UK or Spanish landlines for 1cent per minute with no line rental charge. Again any problems  have been sorted out very quickly.

Jean

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 2:20 PM by boggey79 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Thanks Jean,

That's good to hear! Thanks for the feedback.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 8:21 PM by llegaralasestrellas Star rating in United Kingdom (BHX .... 58 posts Send private message

llegaralasestrellas´s avatar

Just be a bit careful with some of those offers with low up front rates, paticularly if they are any data trasnfer limits. If they are charing a lot for additional data you could easily wind up paying through the nose. If you are an average couple, I'd reccomend looking out for a deal that includes 8gb usage. If you intend to stream TV, you will want a bigger data allowance (15gb a month or better) and also a higher speed - ideally 10mb/sec or better.  Also be sure to check they don't have any limits on "peak time" usage.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 9:00 PM by boggey79 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

High speed internet seems to be expensive in Spain...Are there any offers for 10 mb + without going over 30 EUR? Also I don't live in Spain so I'm happy to pay a premium to get fast internet when I'm there.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 10:11 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I went with Europa Network, very efficient, they organised the Telefonica landline installation and it was very quick. I pay €19.99 pm for their most popular package which is 3MB. I had wanted 10 MB but they persuaded me not to spend the extra, and said l should try 3MB as they thought it would be fast enough! That's good customer service! And it is enough, even for streaming the free UK tv that is included in the fee. I'm inland in Málaga province, but see if they cover you as well.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 10:18 PM by boggey79 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Thanks Tamara,

That sounds like a good deal! I will take a look.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 10:27 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I heard about them from a neighbour who uses them. She runs her business from home via the internet and is totally reliant on fast reliable internet. She's happy with them, and so am l! If you do go with them, say l recommended them to you and l get a free month :-). Tamara Essex from Colmenar.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
11 Nov 2012 10:43 PM by boggey79 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

I've made an enquiry and I will call them tomorrow...pm me your details and I'm happy to pass them on.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2012 8:52 AM by billandann Star rating in BENALMADENA. 51 posts Send private message

Hi Tamara, Just as a matter of interest, How long have you been with Europa Network? I have the same service as you and I am paying 29.95euros per month. I have been a customer for about 4 years. Something wrong somewhere?!¿!¿??

Best regards

Bill

Like 0      
12 Nov 2012 4:05 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Compusurf, Camposol-tel (no land line required) includes  phonecalls,1000 mins  a month  to many other countries. Several options available. see the Costa Calida Chronicle, or phone 968 970666

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 8:43 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Hi Bill - yes, sorry, it is the same service as you and it is cheaper :-(. It's their current offer for new customers, held for 12 months. After that it goes back up but not all the way to 29.95, l think it just rises to 24.95 but l can't remember. I joined in July this year.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 8:48 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I'm not a techie, but did a lot of research on this, and my understanding is that you will always get faster, more reliable internet via a fixed landline. So if that option is available (ie less likely for folks in the mountains), it will deliver faster internet than satellite. I could have saved a few euros by going satellite, but in the end the frustration of frequent satellite problems and the slower speeds tipped me to Europa Network over a landline.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 3:12 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

We live surrounded by mountains. We have internet via compusurf, no landline, and no problems. The 1000 minutes  included phone calls to other countries is very useful, as I can have long chats to my family without looking at the clock!

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 4:16 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

Oh yes I forgot to mention free phone calls to the rest of Europe are included with Europa Network.  I agree, Camposol, it's nice to be able to do that, and especially to offer it to friends who are staying too.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TRE - 0 posts
They give and they take away - 0 posts
english tv channels in spain for free - 19 posts
Franco - 18 posts
Cash Buyer wants: - 0 posts
Car Insurance by instalments quarterly or monthly? - 6 posts
Channel Tunnel Query... - 3 posts
Purchase of Furniture for a two bedroom apartment with enclosed and outside terraces - 1 posts
Job, Job, Job!!!! - 0 posts
guiness - 3 posts
help regarding bank deduction - 5 posts
SPANISH FISCAL!!! RESIDENCY - 2 posts
large chains still closing for lunch! - 55 posts
Fig trees - 0 posts
Research survey 'How do the spanish feel about their Moorish heritage' - 1 posts
Where in Cuidad Quesada can i get Trousers shortened & a portable gas fire serviced - 0 posts
Advice on Metal Pergola please. - 0 posts
Hi! - 0 posts
Cruising to Barcelona - 7 posts
Buying a property in Costa Blanca - 6 posts
So who & what is "Middle Class?" - 9 posts
Fiat Pando for sale - 1 posts
Want to buy in Madrid - 17 posts
Ryanair Cash Passport News - 4 posts
Beware unfair fuel policies car rental companies - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x