help regarding bank deduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2012 9:51 AM by sk Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

hi everyone. I have just had a deduction of  293.34 taken from my bankia account saying it was for cargo omneda extranjera which translates to foreign currency position, does anyone know what this is for?  I have tried to contact bankia by phone ,email and virtual assistant with no joy . Can anyone help at all.... many thanks

Like 0      
08 Nov 2012 10:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

omneda

I have never heard that word and cannot find in any Spanish dictionary.

Nevertheless, without knowing a lot more about your account and transactions (which I don't expect you to publish)

Could it have been a charge for receiving money into your account transferred from abroad? 

Banks do charge for that and unless you have negotiated a rate it can be substantial

Like 0      
08 Nov 2012 1:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hi, following your private message.

I called Bankia on +34916024680  (it isa free call if you use voipcheap.com or similar)  They have English speaking staff to assist but you need to negotiate the automatic transfer system which is in Spanish !!!!

They said it could be a charge for transferring currency from abroad.

They also said it may be other things but I could not hear well as by this time I had been transferred several times within the banking system.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2012 3:05 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

cargo omneda extranjera... multiple typos. I suspect its meant to be 'carga moneda extranjera' which is quite literally a 'foreign currency charge...' and as such is pretty self explanatory...

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 08/11/2012.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
08 Nov 2012 3:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

cargo omneda extranjera... multiple typos. I suspect its meant to be 'carga moneda extranjera' which is quite literally a 'foreign currency charge...' and as such is pretty self explanatory...

But as the bank said when I called their HQ  for SK,  that can have a pretty wide meaning for them.

SK told me in a private message that he had made transfers previously but had not been charged  so the explanation    "foreign currency charge."  may not be as simple as Foxbat makes it appears.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 08/11/2012.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 11:22 AM by sk Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Thankyou for everyones help...

I eventually spoke to our spanish solicitor who spoke to bank and they advised that money has been taken out incorrectly for money that had supposedly been transferred from our spanish account to another country. I hope this helps if this happens to anyone else

regards  sk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SPANISH FISCAL!!! RESIDENCY - 2 posts
large chains still closing for lunch! - 55 posts
Fig trees - 0 posts
Research survey 'How do the spanish feel about their Moorish heritage' - 1 posts
Where in Cuidad Quesada can i get Trousers shortened & a portable gas fire serviced - 0 posts
Advice on Metal Pergola please. - 0 posts
Hi! - 0 posts
Cruising to Barcelona - 7 posts
Buying a property in Costa Blanca - 6 posts
So who & what is "Middle Class?" - 9 posts
Fiat Pando for sale - 1 posts
Want to buy in Madrid - 17 posts
Ryanair Cash Passport News - 4 posts
Beware unfair fuel policies car rental companies - 6 posts
VETS IN ALICANTE AREA - 0 posts
Import rules for used clothing - 3 posts
charity help and information needed - 2 posts
How to register a charity help and information needed - 0 posts
DHL + Buying From Abroad - BEWARE OF IMPORT TAXES AND KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS - 2 posts
Removals from UK to Spain - 4 posts
New NIE Number - 4 posts
What happens if AGM minutes are not adopted at the next AGM. - 1 posts
Must the AGM be called On tome within the anniversary date? Not longer. - 0 posts
Pre-retirement and got our S1 forms but where to take them? - 2 posts
english electrician wanted in the barcelona.area: urgent - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x