gas heaters

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Having bought a mobile gas heater that kept us nice and cosey in the cold spell. We had a knock on the door and the men said they were there to check the heater. They checked it and said as it was new it was ok but needed a safty valve fitted. They duly fitted the valve, which i thought was a good thng having heard about gas explotions and carbon monoxide poison killing us old ones off. THEY GAVE ME THE COST AT 250 EUROS. Now that shock could have killed me,but I paid it.                                                 I enquired about it from where I bought it and they said it was not needed. I then asked another party about it and by law all gas appliances must be check every 5 years.                                                                                                                                                                 Has anyone out there been checked like this??

w

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 4:37 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

This what is known as a scam

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 5:11 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Is a scam unlawful?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 5:18 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

of course but i understand is not apolice matter you would have to pursue through the courts, supossing you

can find the scoundrols

any one comes here wanting to check any thting i just say 

AINT GOT ONE

This message was last edited by stillgoin on 08/03/2012.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 8:21 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

This is a fairly common scam and Im sorry you were stung... but think about it, if in the UK someone came knocking on the door wanting to check your gas, unwanted, and then told you that you needed this that and the other, you would tell them to do one. However, when they demanded 250€ you should have called the police, had you already let them get that far....

Im sorry for your loss of what is a lot of money, but please be more wary next time, and especially alert your neighbours. This is a common and highly sucessful scam.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 5:08 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

I follwed in the footsteps of our president.  I have taken advice about this and there is a law in Spain that you have to have gas appliances tested every 5 years. If this is so, am I just foolish to abide by the law,or have I been told a lie ?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 5:15 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Yes, correct, you are supposed to have your gas equipment regularly checked, however one thing is you phoning up a company like repsol to come and check it all and offer you a legal certificate, and its another thing completely for strangers to come to the door, fit a "safety valve" and charge you 250€ for something that would cost about 10€ down the hardware shop and 30€ labour to fit.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Postal rates from Spain to Uk and Europe - 2 posts
Bilbao Hotel - 1 posts
Martinez Echavarria Almeria - 3 posts
Mobile Catering Units - any got any experience good or bad? - 5 posts
Classic car Or Mercedes SL ==WANTED== - 3 posts
New car - 4 posts
Outgoings help required - 6 posts
Learning to fly in Murcia - 1 posts
HIGH INTEREST INVESTMENTS - 83 posts
Advice needed urgently please re spanish mortage offer - 29 posts
Do I need a licence? - 5 posts
Private Messages - 1 posts
English football with a 3 oclock kick off - 2 posts
Atalaya golf share - 1 posts
EGM and who can vote - 18 posts
Roda (Golf and Beach Resort) Furniture Package for Sale - 0 posts
Solar Power on Communities - 23 posts
English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts
information wanted about Energysaversspain please.save up to 30% on electricity? - 4 posts
transfer onto spanish plates - 3 posts
Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts
Stroppy Tenant - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x