Strange demand??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

My wife is Venezuelan, I am English.

We married in Bedford, in November, 2003. Moved to Spain November, 30, 2003.

We both obtained NIE cards in March of the following year. My wife qualified as my dependent. Everything went smoothly, apart from the authorities taking away my card for the dreaded green sheet of paper. My wife retained her card.

However, when trying to renew the card this year, application started last November for an end date of January 10 this year, for the existing NIE card, it seemed to take forever? Constant phone calls were made. She was told "all people very busy". She neede the new card because it related to her pension from her home country.

Yesterday she called the police again, to be asked "are you still married?" "Yes", she replied, of course. Then you must prove it, she was told.

She told them she has our Marriage Certificate, bearing an apostille, together with a complete stamped professional translation in Castellano. Not good enough.

We contacted a Notary to see if we could swear on oath that we were married. They said yes we could for around 70 Euro. We checked agin with the police. NO, the inforation had to come from the UK.

I contacted the Register Office in Bedford, who could do nothing to help apart from sending a duplicate Certificate, with the latest date affixed, which I have ordered, in the hope that is satisfies the authorities.

Why, oh why, did the police wait until yesterday, to throw this at us? Why not tell us back in November of 2011??

So, is there anybody out there with a similar experience, please? If so, please tell us what to do, apart from returning to the UK. My medical situation prevents that.

pilgrim

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 8:52 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My wife is Filipino, I am British.

When we renewed her Residencia five years ago we had to get a paper from the British Consulate to prove we were still married.

In Spain (the Spanish) have a Family Book in which is recorded all marriages, divorces etc, but in UK we don’t have anything which ‘proves’ you are still married., divorced yes but still married, No.

The British consul for an exorbitant fee gave me a certificate that I had on oath said I was still married. That was accepted for the renewal.

So I  suggest you contact the British Consulate.

PS    This link explains 'how easy' it is now !!!!!!

http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l23034_en.htm

This message was last edited by johnzx on 31/01/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best banks in Spain - 32 posts
Guardia Civil introduce new rules for foreign cars - 41 posts
Fuente Álamo de Murcia any information would be helpful - 2 posts
Sad - 5 posts
Best Euro Route Finder Please - 6 posts
Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading - 11 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
DOUBLE BED ONLY 50 EUROS WITH MATTRESS. Costa del sol - 1 posts
2 heaters for only 20 euros each. Costa del sol - 0 posts
SELLING 2 SINGLE BEDS WITH MATTRESS AND WOODEN BEDSIDE TABLE ONLY 100 EUR - 0 posts
What are my rights? - 1 posts
Youth employment - 3 posts
Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680 - 3 posts
Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x