Spain's Stolen Babies - BBC 2 tonight at 9pm

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

There is an interesting program on BBC tonight which is about all what's been going on with the "stolen babies" cases dating back decades.

If you've been following the Spanish press you'll know plenty about it, otherwise check out the program tonight.

BBC : Spain's Stolen Babies

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Oct 2011 5:04 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

On the Spanish news today it has said the police believe both of the children to be dead as they have found remains in a fire at a relatives property.

It made me feel physically sick listening to this........there are some evil people in this world!!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2011 5:07 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

sorry Justin...didnt read your link.....i thought this was refering to the two childrem missing in Cordoba.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2011 10:36 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

A shocking program indeed.  The corruption, the cruelty, the lies and the denial of truth and fact all sounded very familiar sadly.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2011 3:39 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

I don't know what anyone else thinks...but this programme was a revelation to me!  I find myself feeling deeply sympathetic towards the 'average' Spaniard in the street.   So many of them (and other 'foreigners') been badly let down by the Spanish legal system when it comes to buying property...and we all know what I'm talking about here.  But to have your baby stolen from you just after he/she was born and to find out later that the whole system of child theft and selling on for profit was run by Priests, Nuns and Doctors is only believable because it has been proved to be true.  How do you come to terms with the fact that, not only is corruption said to extend far and wide within the Spanish Banking and Legal System...including Town Officials, Lawyers, Judges, Business Leaders et al, we are asked to add Doctors, Priests, Nuns et al to that list.  Is it any wonder the Spanish are so fiercely protective of their families?  As the guy at the end of the programme pointed out when he was given the news that he didn't belong to the Spanish family that hoped he was part of them....your family is everything...

My respect for the Spanish 'people' (the 95% as opposed to the 1%) has increased overnight and I can now understand them a little better...

Mag

Like 0      
19 Oct 2011 5:04 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

The shameful exploitation of children by the church and authorities is not limited to Spain. A lot of people have had their lives ruined by these cruel hypocrites and I only hope those responsible languish in hell forever.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
19 Oct 2011 5:52 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

Too right, Poppyseed...

How strange that Spain is portrayed in many instances as a deeply religious country....yet it was heard said by at least two Spaniards on the programme...'I don't believe in God'. 

Maybe not so strange.

Mag

Like 0      
19 Oct 2011 5:57 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Poppyseed

True sadly, and how many times have we heard the Catholic church linked with exploitation of childen.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2011 11:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I just watched it on iPlayer tonight and it was quite an eye opener.

It's trully awful to think about what went on, and all seemingly backed up by the Catholic church.  Disgusting really and the Spanish government NEEDS to address this.

I found the history part of the program very interesting too as most Spaniards I know are always reluctant to talk about the real history of Spain.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hola Expats - 0 posts
Looking for long term rental in Los Alcazares-Campoamor area(or anywhere near the sea) - 3 posts
DVD recorder not compatible with Sky box - 5 posts
yoigo pay as you go? - 2 posts
Any info on the new Seville southern ring road? - 0 posts
One Month On! - 17 posts
LEGAL HELP Does this sound right to you? - 16 posts
Transfer of ownership from moral owner to legal owner when consent is not given - 7 posts
Removals - 0 posts
Costs for extending mortgage by 10 years - 8 posts
travel links to Denia - 0 posts
Is there a minimum age to leave children alone? - 5 posts
Resident or Non-Resident, confusion - 36 posts
LHD LANDROVER FREELANDER 2003 - 4 posts
Selling apartment and garage separately - 1 posts
Web-Based Start-Up Business - 6 posts
ANYONE INTERESTED IN A HOUSE-SWAP HOLIDAY? - 2 posts
Renewing Driving Licence. before it expires - 6 posts
building within a boundary - 5 posts
Dogs on Beaches? - 10 posts
Will there be compensation for BB users from Spannish Network suppiers - 9 posts
Need the help of you lovely people - 8 posts
NON RESIDENT PROPERTY OWNERS SPANISH TAX - 0 posts
Longish-term budget accomodation - 5 posts
Does anyone know where you can take olives to be processed into oil? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x