Dogs on Beaches?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by ds8819 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

does anyone know of any beaches around malaga where I can excercise my dog?

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 11:04 PM by oliverson Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

most beaches have 'no perros' signs but realistically out of main season it doesn't appear to be an issue.  I have a place in Benalmadena and that's the case their.  I also understand that there is indeed a place in Malaga where I could take my two terriers so you might get more good news.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2011 10:34 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Again this is typical of Spain - signs say one thing and everyone does the complete opposite!

On the seafronts it would seem acceptable to walk your dog morning and evening and on the beaches without promenade (ie not easily accessed) then you can bring your dog on to the beach during the daytime and even in summer time. eg the beaches between Fuengirola and La Cala (excluding beaches in between with lifeguards).

But of course you always run the risk you will encounter a police man who will throw the book at you and fine you for having a dog on the beach and for having a dog off lead and if classed as a dangerous dog another fine ........

I personally don't bring my dog onto the beach and I am always annoyed that dog owners do not clean up after their dog - of course they all say THEY DO but you only have to look around to see THEY DON'T!!!!

Look at the dog mess in Malaga city, Torremolinos, Fuengirola ..............

Why not head into the campo to excercise the dog?

Like 0      
14 Oct 2011 10:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I really cannot understand why any owner should want to take their dog on to the beach, or any other area where people/children use or play. 

In UK one does not see police dogs defecating in public, why,  because they are TRAINED property, by handlers who really do love their dogs.   I have seen police dogs urinating, on order,  into roadside drains.   

Even the owners who do 'pick up' still offend people like me, who do not want to see anyone or animal defecate or urinate !

Pity all owners (instead of a few) don't respect the rest of us.  We don't  'do it ' in the street to the annoyance of others, why should you let your dog do it!

This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/10/2011.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2011 11:11 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

John

I am a dog owner and I totally agree with you.

I don't even allow my dog in the house.

I have trained my dog not to do anything in the garden but he does get 3 walks a day in the campo area where children do not play.

Dogs in Spain are a real neighbour problem for one reason or another!

Like 0      
15 Oct 2011 10:25 PM by webdivr Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I only allow my dog into the house to use the lavatory. Luckily He's very well trained, and can even use his nose to push the "flush" button.

It's outrageous that dogs are still allowed to urinate in public. It's 2011 for heavens sake!

Like 0      
16 Oct 2011 9:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Webdivr:

Your comment was not as sarcastic (far fetched) as you may have liked it to be.

My wife had a cat which she taught to do all 'its business' in the toilet, though as it was a male cat she was unable to teach it to put the lid down .

Like 0      
16 Oct 2011 3:13 PM by webdivr Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Well John, It's great to see that you have a good sense of humour.  But unless you were having a laugh yourself, it seems a tad extreme to object to dogs urinating in public. I mean...I've often done it myself, and I'm sure most men have. (taking reasonable precaution not to be overlooked, of course).  And surely it's okay for a dog to do its biz, as long as its picked up. 

As for Dogs on beetches that's a whole different story.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2011 3:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I really do find it revolting to see a dog pooing.  My late wife would be so affected that she woud not eat for several days.  It really is no joke for some, maybe many,  people.

Incidentially. My present wife did teach her cat to use the toilet, that part was not a joke.  Nor was,  that the police train their dogs not to deficate in the street.  If they can do it so could any dog owner, who was so minded.

Thanks Faro, glad to see that I am not alone here.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2011 1:58 PM by Alison&Simon Star rating in Hamilton,Scotland - .... 1102 posts Send private message

Alison&Simon´s avatar

This is a ridiculous subject, different if we were talking about the UK.  The spanish dont abide by the rules as they are without trying to tell them they must train their dogs to poo/wee in a toilet. I am an owner to two dogs and always and I mean always pick up there mess no matter where they do it.  My dogs do it mainly  in their own garden that way they dont upset anyone else and no one can complain about it. 

John, I would be very interested in how the police train their pouches to poo/wee on command, I would have thought this would be harmful to the dogs bladder, just as it is to ours if kept on hold.  Cats are designed to climb but i cant see a dog climbing up onto the toilet seat to do its business without slipping sliding head first into the bowl, just not practical or safe. 

I do appreciate that it is not very pleasant to watch dogs performing only what is a natural act of life but even if the dog wee/poos in a drain that is still in a public place. 

Always look on the bright side of life  

Dogs have lots of friends cause they wag their tails and not their tongues

Alibabe

Like 0      
17 Oct 2011 2:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Well as we know, rules don't apply in Spain.

My mate in Estepona  has just been fined for not having his relatively small dog on a lead and, as another owner complained that the dog was  barking at his dog, my mate is now to be prosecuted.

If successful that will result in his small dog being treated as a dangerous dog and as such all the rules about dangerous dogs will then apply to his small dog

But as you say,  rules don't apply  here and we can can all ignore them, unless maybe you get caught  !!!!

This message was last edited by johnzx on 17/10/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will there be compensation for BB users from Spannish Network suppiers - 9 posts
Need the help of you lovely people - 8 posts
NON RESIDENT PROPERTY OWNERS SPANISH TAX - 0 posts
Longish-term budget accomodation - 5 posts
Does anyone know where you can take olives to be processed into oil? - 6 posts
SLEEPLESS - 9 posts
Biggest Idiot On The Planet - 12 posts
What has gone wrong with the Bono? - 11 posts
Property Insurance - 4 posts
Yamaha FX160HO Cruiser Jet Ski for sale - 1 posts
can anyone help us - 1 posts
Life in Spain - 4 posts
TRAVEL HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Non Resident Tax - 4 posts
Communities and free range dogs - 9 posts
Flies, Damned Flies! - 7 posts
Justin! Where Are You? - 4 posts
WAITING TIMES FOR AN OPERATION IN SPAIN - 4 posts
Party lines in Spain, or just crossed?? - 1 posts
Why so tolerant of noise - 11 posts
Another great holiday over - 3 posts
New spanish in the forum - 9 posts
How long to swap UK licence for Spanish one? - 21 posts
Setting up as a Taxi Driver - 3 posts
watch football in spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x