Spanish Taxes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by verdemar Star rating in Blackburn, Lancashir.... 5 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me do we have to pay taxes by completing a yearly tax return if we are non-resident in Spain, we are buying our holiday/retirement home in October, can anyone advise us how much this could cost us per year

Thanks

Janet

Like 0      
09 Sep 2011 4:42 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi Verdemar.
 Options have been discussed a few times in the past week. I have been a non-resident Property owner for the past 8 years.
Tax forms can be filled in by property owners and submitted at a very small cost to the Property owner.
Just one thing to note that all Tax forms only come in Spanish.
There is a reference website on the net that explains in English on how to fill the forms out.
I have seen people on the web who offer to submit Forms for you for as little as €30.
I myself pay my Solicitor a fee to submit them for me every year. The good thing with this is that at any time I come to sell my property he will have a record of all my taxes being paid.
It can be very expensive to a Property seller who has not paid all their taxes as Back tax will be required also a fine.
If the property is in joint names each name has a tax responsibility .
Hope this helps a bit.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2011 4:51 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

With regards to IBI Tax. (UK Council tax) paid to your local Town Hall. The Town hall send this bill directly to my PO Box every October and I pay it at the Bank. You have a set time to pay it. if you fall to pay within the time. A fine is added.

You can set up a DD to pay this tax each year.

Last year I paid a total of €365 for a 3 bedroom house

Not bad when I pay £150 per month in the UK for a 2 bedroom bungalow

Like 0      
09 Sep 2011 4:56 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

With regards to Property Tax I expect to pay around €400 this year. that is a total for Joint name ownership. 3 bedroom house with garage and pool.

€200 for me and €200 for er indoors.

Bet I have to pay it all LOL

Like 0      
09 Sep 2011 5:20 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

You should have no taxes to pay until the end of next year.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2011 5:35 PM by verdemar Star rating in Blackburn, Lancashir.... 5 posts Send private message

Thanks a lot for all your replies the information is really helpful, I just want to make sure when we buy we don't leave anything out, wouldn't want to cause ourselves problems at a later date by being ignorant of Spanish rules.  We are using a company called Bodils for the purchase.

Regards

Janet and Ste

Like 0      
21 Sep 2011 4:26 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi

Just getting back on IBI Tax. I have just paid this year's it has only gone up €1. yes One Euro. This year I paid €366.04.

That is for a 3 bedroom house in the Mazarron district

IBI taxes in our Area have to be paid by 5th Oct or they add a fine for non payment

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 7:12 PM by Cormona Star rating. 69 posts Send private message

Cormona´s avatar

Can anyone tell me what are the total taxes we need to pay yearly?? I know the IBI what else do we need to pay.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 9:44 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

The non residents deemed income tax

normally

catastral value (see IBI demand) * 1.1% * 24%

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Replacing a President wita Committee structure - 8 posts
60% of property value - 0 posts
Fine on sale of apartment called "Liq De Transmisiones Gestion" - 0 posts
Capital Gains Excemption if reinvesting profits in a property out of Spain? - 3 posts
Real Estate Agent responsibilities and % commission? - 4 posts
Al Andalus Car Hire - 1 posts
Best Spanish PAYG SIM? - 1 posts
Recovery of Deposit - 46 posts
Long Term Rental Qanted from 18th October Algorfa - 1 posts
help needed Urgently please - 10 posts
Scruffy Dop needs a home - 0 posts
Non resident capital gains - 2 posts
Calanova Palm..........Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
Amazon coming to Spain next week - 39 posts
hotel or guest house - 2 posts
Short Term Residency in Spain - 6 posts
Self employed tax - 3 posts
Tax in Spain - 11 posts
Lawyers for Conveyancing - Different types? - 11 posts
Lawyers - different types - 0 posts
Satellite tv, white card, loss of channels Andalucia - 8 posts
Looking for 2B Apt Marbella San Pedro area, to move around 16/09/11 - 0 posts
conversacion español-ingles en Skype - 0 posts
Non-Resident Income Tax - A Guide - 20 posts
BBC iplayer - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x