Parking fine

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

We have just received a parking fine from Toledo just south of Madrid for 100 euro. The problem is we or our car have never been to Toledo.

Is this a scam?

I checked on buscamultas.com with zero results

Anyone else had a problem like this?

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 3:24 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hmm!

Could either be:

a) A clerical error

b) False number plates on the car in Toldeo

c) A scam

In which ever case, I would suggest that you go to your local police station and argue the case that your car was not in Toldeo then, or indeed at any time,

And, if you any way to prove this, such as a shopping receipt or a letter from your employer, then take that along as it might help prove your case.

Don't just ignore it thinking that it is a scam or clerical error, as unpaid fines rack up huge amounts of interest very quickly!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 02/03/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 11:38 AM by SpanishJack Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I received a speeding fine for 300.00Euros 2 years ago for incident that apparently took place some years ago.  Trafico had been sending notification to address I left 14 years previously. The car involved that I was apparently driving was registered with Trafico as a brand new vehicle in 2002.  Eventually I was contacted by the Agencia Tributaria and informed that due to an accumulation of fines for non payment, that fine, originally 100.00Euros was now 300.00Euros.  I contacted the A.T. who insisted that my car must be registered at the old address.  Eventually they agreed to check their computer and the reply was'Oh yes, it is registerd at your new address'.  I was advised to write an appeal which I did, translated into perfect spanish.  I received no reply.  On receiving my tax rebate, I noticed that the predicted sum was 300.00Euros less than I expected.  There is no escape.   Last year was  another bad year as I received a fine for parking for 20 mins.in a place wher many local cars are parked overnight.  Another 300.00Euros.  Asked a policemen what the normal parking fine was in this case.  He said 'about 90Euros'.  I said that I was fined 300.00  He said 'Oh yes It can be 300.00'!!  Think of a figure eh?  I made another appeal and to date have received no reply.  However, I did receive a tax rebate in full after the appeal.  Have I won at last?

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 12:46 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

The latest on my parking fine problem is we are going to the Guardia Traffico office in Alicante to report the matter and see what can be done. Taking 2 good friends with me who speak perfect Spanish, one Spaniard and one German.

If all fails, I will pay up just to get rid of the thing and all the extra problems it may bring.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Tax - change of address - 13 posts
Clean up politics in Spain - 3 posts
How To Prevent Comment Spam On EOS Blogs? - 0 posts
Chasing mortgage debt in the UK - 64 posts
HAPPY ST DAVIDS DAY - 13 posts
Parque Commercial Las Playas New Shopping Centre La Zenia/Playa Flamenca - 22 posts
Motorway speed limits coming down to 110 kph - 15 posts
wanted, dining table chairs - 1 posts
Who voted for or against? - 0 posts
RTA-Europe/ - 3 posts
I want to swap my Fiat Punto HGT (2002 Spanish reg, LHD) for UK plates RHD - 14 posts
Tourist Visa for Spain - 3 posts
Industrial paper shredder - 0 posts
LTSB/Halifax - forged documents - beware - 1 posts
For Sale. Double glazing for Fortuna terrace - 0 posts
Wanted - 5 Bedroom house in Barcelona area for client - 0 posts
Drivivng to Costa Del Sol with dog! - 4 posts
van coming to fuente alamo area from midlands - 0 posts
car insurance third party - 10 posts
edit - 2 posts
Mexican-style furniture Wanted- Almeria Province - 0 posts
builder's electricity - 9 posts
Andre Villa freestyle motor cross park - 0 posts
Satellite TV on TDLT - 9 posts
second hand furniture - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x