CHIRRINGUITOS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2011 3:04 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

For you Roberto.

http://www.aqueltorremolinos.com/

Click on any year at the bottom of the page. 

Patricia

Like 0      
27 Jul 2011 3:40 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

Hi Kev,

Didn;t know about the 55 decible limit in Mojacar, is it the Pueblo and the Playa? 

When does it kick in? for this season?

Love walking along the front and popping into the Chirriguitos.

Nothing better than getting sun kissed and then sitting in Maui Bar at teatime and listening to the music - I would say this last year was twice 55.

If this lasts it will not be the same going out at night during the summer season, we love a bit of live music on holiday.

Just hope when we go over shortly The bar owners put 2 fingers up to the town hall.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2011 3:48 PM by KevMoore Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hey Kenny,

For me, the Chringuitos here are what make Mojacar playa so special. They were part of what kept drawing me back 26 years ago until I eventually capitulated and moved here!  I'm not sure of the timescale for these measures, I'm after more information. But I fear it's the tip of the iceberg and just another stick to beat the bar owners over the head with. I understand many bars have cancelled live music for August, but i can't confirm it as fact at this time. I've recorded a 'protest' song entitled "Save Mojacar Music" and made it available as a free download - pop along to mooremusic.biz and you can get a hold of it!

Kev

Like 0      
27 Jul 2011 4:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The chirringuitos have recently had quite a few issues to contend with, including even being pushed off of the beaches!

It's crazy really.  These places are fantastic for tourists and locals alike.  They have been a part of summer life on the coasts for so long but it seems that some people in power really have it in for them.

I love your song Kev!  Very original.  I'm embedding it here for everyone to enjoy.

Justin

Save Mojacar Music by moore music

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2011 5:06 PM by KevMoore Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

- and thanks for embedding the track!  The chiringuitos are becoming an endangered species - we really need to protect them.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2011 10:00 PM by roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

roberto´s avatar
I was reading today about a new thrice weekly direct flight from Singapore to Koh Samui (stay with me) and all the 5* resort hotels and fancy restaurants and traffic congestion and rowdy bars on the island, and was thinking how the place sounds ruined since my backpacking days in the late 80's when the only way to get there was on a leaky old overnight ferry, the accomodation was "rustic" (bamboo huts with occassional cold water) and there was no light at night. And then I thought, good luck to them, and I hope the PC idiocy of the west doesn't catch up with them too soon and spoil the fun. I'd rather have an over developed Thai island than a dead and dying Spanish resort.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2011 10:09 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

I'm pleased to say our chiringuitos off Villanitos Beach are doing just fine.  I agree it's lovely to stop by and have a coffee or tapa whilst at the beach or whilst taking an evening stroll......what are the councils thinking of.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wedding Help!!! - 2 posts
Spinning Classes - Los Alcazares - 4 posts
long term debtors - 11 posts
De-seeding Pomegranates - 6 posts
Finding rental demand - 0 posts
Best Deals From Internet Providors - 3 posts
Do I need this job?? - 4 posts
New Community - 1 posts
Community Bank Statement - 6 posts
Buying a Lottery Ticket in Spain - 6 posts
Honda Shadow VT750C - 0 posts
Salsa - 3 posts
empty van coming to spain from notts UK to mazzaron area - 0 posts
Changing a Community Constitution - 11 posts
World record attempt for longest job queue in Madrid today - 1 posts
UK Televisions in Spain - 9 posts
Relocating to Malaga area..... but where would suit my needs?? - 4 posts
linda - 0 posts
How are things on the Canary Islands? - 0 posts
Bistro Glass Bar Table & 2 Gas Lift Stools - 0 posts
Sharing Van from Uk to Spain... - 0 posts
iPad help!!!! - 6 posts
Lots of questions... need advice please - 29 posts
It isn't letting me post my thread! :( - 8 posts
photos Casa Playa Balanegra - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x