Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by AlexSpanish Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi guys, I know this has been a big subject here but I was hoping someone could help me with ideas in how to exchange my uk car.

I am Spanish living in the UK. My company sends me back to Spain in January. I bought a Porsche Boxter here in the UK and I dont know what to do, the car is under warranty from main dealer and it's fantastic.

Options:

1. Sell the car in the UK - Doable but I will loose money and the car which I love :)

2. Exchange the car - DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE?

3. Bring it to Spain - May be risky...

The question is: Do you know where I could exchange the car in London?

Thank you all, I appreciate.

Alejandro.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 1:35 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Alex

Maybe you could advertise the car fully here on EOS, it might appeal to someone moving in the opposite direction to you that has a spanish car to sell or part exchange.

You could also auction it in the uk, British Car Auctions operate a 'top car' auction every so often, I would also phone around a couple of Porsche main dealers to get an idea of its value

http://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/Default.aspx?page=11155

Steve

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 2:11 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Just google lhd cars london & you'll find loads of dealers . You'll probably be able to part -ex it for a lhd one.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 5:36 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Ebay is a great site for car exchange and sales, i know someone who does this all the time and gets very good money for his cars!

Joan

Like 0      
02 Dec 2010 9:10 PM by bodyworker Star rating in By the Mar menor. 34 posts Send private message

Hi,

I would say bring it out and enjoy the ride, drive down through France even!.

Spain and France are such great places to drive around.  I bought one from the uk to have out here because in general the roads and weather are so good.

In general a car here will cost more than in the uk, worse thing is most of them dont seem to have much if any paperwork...

Good luck with your decision

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 10:42 PM by tamarind Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Would you consider exchanging your car for a Mercedes in Madrid? I have same problem as you but all the way around.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 1:11 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tamarind, the original poster posted last November & said he would be starting work in Spain in January, it's now April! I guess he's long since made his decision just not told us.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MOUNTAIN BIKES - 3 posts
School books - a rip off? - 17 posts
Here we go again!!! Another Nigerian scam!! now advertising properties on this forum!! - 3 posts
BAD NEWS!!! Noriega is about to collapse!! - 0 posts
Interesting Article - 1 posts
Looking for good quality 2nd hand furniture. - 1 posts
Hi to EOS. - 5 posts
shutters - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR TORREVIEJO LONG LET - 3 posts
EU: corporate corruption controls - 2 posts
Business 1st Charity Dinner in Aid of F.A.M.A. - 0 posts
rooms to let - 1 posts
Various House Items for Sale - 0 posts
All Saints Day Spain - 0 posts
second hand car - 4 posts
DYS - no cars at Almeria - 0 posts
Question for the legals - 13 posts
long let - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
do people prefer shopping online in spain? - 3 posts
car hire - 1 posts
health care for partners that have retired early - 1 posts
Prickly pear Cacti - 9 posts
Car in Murcia or perhaps not - 4 posts
Books exchange - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x