Hi to EOS.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by StevieNib Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi folks, my wife Gill and I are hoping to move out to Spain in the New Year.

We are visiting Spain in a few weeks time to view properties we've seen on the web.  Two of them are in the Partaloa area

however, I can't seem to find much info. about this village and wondered if anybody on EOS has any experience

of living in this area, any info. would be very helpful.

Cheers for now, Steve

Like 0      
02 Nov 2010 2:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Steve

Can't help you out with the area but just wanted to say welcome to EOS and best of luck with your move next year.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Nov 2010 5:33 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Steve

Can you give us a bit more information about the exact area you are visiting?  A search using google seemed to suggest Partalao was near Yecla - is that the case?  We live in Jumilla, which is in northeast Murcia so fairly close to Yecla.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
02 Nov 2010 7:49 PM by StevieNib Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

To Justin and Sue,   thanks for the replies.  Sue, the village/town is Partaloa, near to Albox in Almeria.  The properties we are looking at are all in the province of Almeria.

Steve

This message was last edited by StevieNib on 02/11/2010.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2010 8:16 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Steve

We looked at Almeria on one of our many viewing trips.  We loved the area, however as non-drivers (we used to live in London!) it wasn't suitable for us, as public transport wasn't very good there.  If any of the properties you are going to view are on an urbanisation, I would recommend looking for the community forum on EOS.  You can also do a search on this website, for example to see any posts about Albox.

Have you been to Almeria before, or is this your first visit?  Are you planning to move here full-time?  Sorry for so many questions, however it helps to have an idea of what your plans and experiences are.

Sue 

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
06 Nov 2010 10:25 AM by StevieNib Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Sue, sorry for the late reply, but I've been away from a p.c. for a few days.

We've not been to Almeria province before, but it appears to be an ideal area to live.  We would be moving out on an (almost) permanent basis, with short, occasional trips back to the U.K. The lack of public transport wouldn't be a problem as Gill and I are both able to drive.  We've looked on the web for info. on Portaloa, but it appears to be limited, so we thought somebody on EOS might have experience of the town/ village/ area.

Cheers for now, Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

shutters - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR TORREVIEJO LONG LET - 3 posts
EU: corporate corruption controls - 2 posts
Business 1st Charity Dinner in Aid of F.A.M.A. - 0 posts
rooms to let - 1 posts
Various House Items for Sale - 0 posts
All Saints Day Spain - 0 posts
second hand car - 4 posts
DYS - no cars at Almeria - 0 posts
Question for the legals - 13 posts
long let - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
do people prefer shopping online in spain? - 3 posts
car hire - 1 posts
health care for partners that have retired early - 1 posts
Prickly pear Cacti - 9 posts
Car in Murcia or perhaps not - 4 posts
Books exchange - 0 posts
Dickmanns rent a car - 62 posts
I thought I might reintroduce myself - since I have been pretty quite. - 1 posts
best place to advertise rental property - 2 posts
WALK UP RIO SECO AT CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Would like to meet new people - 1 posts
Autonomo mine field - 0 posts
Don't forget clocks go back on Sunday - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x