How is everyone?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Hi All,

Haven't been posting much recently. Been very busy. Was away for a few weeks in August and now I'm back I thought I'd start a thread to just ask everyone WHAT'S GOING ON? WHAT'S UP? HOW IS EVERYONE?

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
10 Oct 2010 11:38 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

What a good idea, we are still loving our apartment in Duquesa, I think we are one of the lucky ones who had no trouble buying and love coming out to it about every other month, will be out longer in two years time.  Love finding new places to go and have met some fantastic friends who have become very close friends, also can't  thank Justin and Susan enough for starting this site,  I must post more regular.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
11 Oct 2010 9:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Sunrise, great to see you here again brightening up our days!

I've been all over the place past few weeks so will update my blog with some new stuff over the next few days.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Oct 2010 11:02 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Since you asked a general question

We are enjoying our place in Arcos even so we don't get there as often as we like. The kids have a ball, we have a huge variety of places to go to from here (my favourite this year was the cueva de la pileta) and in spite of the downturn the place has actually improved with new Tavernas opening and everything tidied up. Brilliant

leema, have you enjoyed the roman bath yet?

Like 0      
11 Oct 2010 11:07 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Never tried that yet, there is always so much to do when we get out, will be there from Thursday so might take a trip, Justin tell us how to get there, and what it's all about.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
11 Oct 2010 11:20 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

I am not ,,local'' but I think you take the back road to Manilva past the place where the market is. Passing the restaurant, I think it's called The Roman BBQ or something like that. Drive under the Highway bridge staying right. The road gets a bit narrow but is passable, no problem. There is a sign saying Banus Romanus. A car park  is close by but the place is rough and ready. In a nutshell there is a stream where the locals go and scratch mineral containing mud from a slope and rub it all over them. After a while they wash it of and take a swim in an old roman bath with sulphuric water. As I said, rough and ready but we had great fun doing it. I am open to corrections re direction.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 12:23 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Oh my god, don't know if I could fancy that. will still have a look thou.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 9:11 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

You never know, those minerals can do wonders for ones complexion. And it is a bit of an adventure though I am not sure now is the time of year for it.

But give it a try sometime. How does the commercial go : Because I am worth it !

Much cheaper, too.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 9:13 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm ashamed to admit it but I've never been to the Roman Baths!  Susan went last year but said it wasn't really for her, although the people there were loving it.

The problem with the Roman Baths is that the land actually belongs to Casares.  As it's so far away from the actual village of Casares they don't actually bother with it.  That's why there are hardly any signs for it and why it isn't maintained.

It's a shame really, they should make it into a proper tourist attraction.  It was, after all, used by Caesar himself.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 10:07 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Just had a month back in the UK and surprisingly enough the weather was very good/warm, with only one day of any real rainfall.  Suffice to say that the trip back was a "business" trip and having got that out of the way, I was itching to get back here to Calasparra.  The more that I am here in Spain, the more I just love it.  I really don't want to go back to the UK again!!!!

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 10:14 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

That explains a lot. I thought the locals kept it quiet to keep the tourists away. I was astonished that no one made more out of it. The place were I grew up has hot and sulphuric springs which were first developed by the Romans. It became a huge Spa town later.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 3:03 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

When we went to the Roman Baths we had to get my brother - in -law to collect us as the car hire agreement does not let you go 'off road ' so it might be out of bounds for most holiday makers.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ryanair dublin to almeria - 1 posts
First Steps - 4 posts
Early closing today on the Orihuela Costa? - 1 posts
TRANSLATING A LETTER EASILY - 11 posts
cash machines - 2 posts
I've found Norman - 0 posts
Introduction - 2 posts
Water Bills online - 5 posts
Goldcar - out of hours extra payment - 1 posts
Registering for IVA - 3 posts
Do you really want to sell your property - 7 posts
12 seater mini bus - 2 posts
Competa - 0 posts
Hola todos - 3 posts
No cars available - 0 posts
lawyer help in archivel/murcia area required - 2 posts
new here - 1 posts
Sterling continues to weaken as the UK economy house prices stumbles!!!! - 3 posts
Mountain bike for sale - 3 posts
Overcharged by mobile phone company - 0 posts
Long term rental levels bottomed out yet? - 0 posts
Cash your money from the Bank and invest in Spain now again - 2 posts
No taxes on the sale of habitual dwelling for residents - 12 posts
Ash cloud compensation - 2 posts
Malaga Airport - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x