punta prima

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by chardman Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me about this area please as I am thinking of buying a property there.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 11:23 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi Chardman

Punta Prima is a good place if you just want to use it for holidays as it is very near the beach and all of the pubs but I do not think you would want to live there as it is a bit run down and gets very crowded in season

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 4:16 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Really Chardman you need to come over and rent a while in Punta Prima and see for yourself.

I live near there at Playa Flamenca and on the 'up' side the area has EVERYTHING you need and more within easy access. On the 'down' side ( if you see it as that ! ) it is busy in the summer with holiday makers...........but then it is Spain and if you want to live in this area then you're going to get holiday makers!!

I don't think the area is any more run down than many other areas and it is much better than some.

Rent for a while and see for yourself.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 4:58 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I'm afraid I don't agree either that the area is run down.  In fact we have some very expensive and very desirable properties there for sale at the moment.  There are still some open areas, where there will probably be future development, but that to me is the only downside.

As well as being very close to the beach, there are lots of shops, bars and restaurants which are busy all year round, and it is very close to the city of Torrevieja which has a full range of amenities.  As Karensun said, come out for a holiday and have a good look around before you make up your mind on areas.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2010 4:47 PM by Theresac Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Of course opinions on different areas are very personal but we have a holiday home in Punta Prima and we really like the area. Near to the sea, shops, restaurants and public transport- you are not reliant on hiring a car.Our relatives and friends who use our apartment all love it too particularly as most of us like to go a bit out of season and there are always shops and restaurants open whatever the time of year. Try the Mar Menor out of season and my experience is virtually a ghost town!

I think any area by the sea is always a little bit commercial but when on holiday we like to have a choice of restaurants to go to and that is the compromise we choose to make. Similarly if you are by the sea there are always a lot of tourists of all nationalities particularly in high season but we never find Punta Prima unbearably crowded.  So for holidaying we find it suits us just fine- and one of my greatest joys is walking by the sea most evenings which would not be possible inland.

We have friends and aquaintances who live full time in the area and they seem to like it too. We looked at many different areas before choosing Punta Prima and I would recommend you do the same. If you want the same things as us-  walk to the sea walk to shops and rstaurants, accessible public transport, near to an airport, all year round resort then it may very well suit you too.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

cam bank charge pentioners 13,000euro intrest for morgage late payment - 3 posts
Are Lilos Illegal In Spain - 21 posts
looking to buy - 2 posts
FREE tour in Spain - 0 posts
Lost the use of remote on sky digi box - 2 posts
the cam bank - 6 posts
Thread Title not displayed - 2 posts
estae agent? - 6 posts
Need information and advise - 3 posts
A weeks holiday, but destination needed - 3 posts
4 Car Tyres including fitting from only €99 - 0 posts
Kayak or canoe wanted. - 0 posts
Quad bike wanted - 0 posts
Sky + Box or similar - 1 posts
WANTED, car or van, also m,cycle, any size - 0 posts
WANTED;fairprice paid will travel upto 300 miles to collect?lcd flatscreen, 32.37 or 40 inch, also sky digi box or similar - 0 posts
part removals uk to spain - 5 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts
"Taster" Music Lessons - 0 posts
CAMINO DE CASTILLA (WHITE WINE) - 0 posts
COCKROACHES-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! - 21 posts
HELP!! - 11 posts
WE NEED A BETTER COMMUNITY FORUM FROM EOS - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x