Specsavers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Soul2Soul Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Does anyone else find that their glasses from Specsavers, Torrevieja are a pain to clean?  I have bought two pairs of glasses and the lenses are so bad I am constantly cleaning them.  I have taken them back a couple of times to ask if there is a problem with the glass but they said it´s the heat. 

I have never had this problem before and I have worn glasses out here loads of times.

I just thought I would see if anyone else has the same problem. 

Regards,

Like 0      
07 Jul 2010 10:30 AM by Raygooner Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Some manafactuers put a anti scratch/reflective coating onto the glasses what seem to go like grease. If you get a little bit of toothpaste with bits in like Colgate and rub in with cotton wool for a few minutes it should get rid of it and cure the problem. Dont know whether itll help but surely worth a go.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 12:46 PM by luffsen Star rating in Mar Menor. 3 posts Send private message

Ref Specsavers

Never again, as a complete rip off.     Be sure to get a written quote before ordering.     The frames are inferia, i paid 349.00 euro in August 2010 at the Torrevieja outlet for all singing all dancing specs, that was inclusive of a 90 euro discount because i opted for only 1 pair within the offer. I have had the lenses refitted 4 times as they keep falling out and have caused scratches.    The optical vision within the variable lens is very limited. I am using a 20 year old pair of specs for driving as these new specs are not good.

Chris

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 5:10 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

My wife got her latest pair of glasses from specsavers in Fuengerola and she hates them.  She says she can see a shadow infront of her vision which turns out to be numbers written on the lens in the centre.  This is so annoying she is going to buy some more glasses from somewhere else.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 5:25 PM by stanleymiguel Star rating in Kensington London UK. 15 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by stanleymiguel on 13/02/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fostering in Spain - 5 posts
MAPS? - 0 posts
TRUST & FAITH ? - 0 posts
Mobile Home Sites & living in Southern Spain - 25 posts
looking for work in architecture/ design - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Well done to the Passion Studio in Fuengirola - 1 posts
Estate Agent in Cordoba? - 2 posts
EOS 'browse server' question - 0 posts
Brits banned from being blood donors! - 4 posts
Help! transfer from alicante airport to los montesinos. - 7 posts
holidayrentalhomes.com - 3 posts
Land Grab Only In Spain? - 5 posts
Help wanted - 2 posts
Help Wanted - 11 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
Euro millions lottery - 2 posts
Long term rental Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 4th and 5th July 2010 - 1 posts
Transport required - 0 posts
Hi there another newbie thinking about walking the walk - 4 posts
BMIbaby cancellations - 13 posts
Boot Sale - 2 posts
Any similar experiences....? - 0 posts
Proposed changes to Spanish Health system - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x