Flight cancellations today

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

If you're flying to or from the UK today you may experience flight delays and in some instances cancellations.  Some UK airports have been closed too.

This is all due to the ash from te volcano in Iceland which is making its way over the UK.

You can find our more here.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Apr 2010 10:46 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Scary stuff isn't it, Justin?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following advice from the Met Office, the National Air Traffic Service (NATS) has introduced restrictions to UK airspace.

You are advised to check with your airline for detailed information.

Ryanair has suspended all flights to and from UK. It said cancellations and delays could also be expected tomorrow. Visit their website for the latest information.

All British Airways domestic flights for Thursday have been cancelled.

All London airports are closing at 11:30.

England

Birmingham Airport - Departure flights currently cancelled. Arrivals also affected. Flight information.

Blackpool International Airport - outbound flights suspended. Flight information.

Bournemouth Airport - One Ryanair flight to Dublin had been cancelled as the Irish airport has been affected. Flight information.

Bristol Airport - around 20 flights reported to be affected by the problem. Flight information.

Durham Tees Valley Airport - all flights suspended.

East Midlands airport - at least 20 cancellations reported. Flight information.

Exeter Airport - Eight flights cancelled up to 15:30, but afternoon flights are being reviewed. 

Leeds Bradford Airport - Most flights cancelled until at least 13:00. Flight information.

Liverpool John Lennon Airport - All flights suspended until at least 13:00. Flight information.

London - All airports to close from 11.30am.

London City Airport - Cancellation of all Thursday's British Airways domestic flights is affecting departures. Flight information.

London Gatwick Airport -138 flights cancelled, mostly easyJet and Monarch airlines. The airport remains open. Flight information.

London Heathrow Airport - 150 flights cancelled. Flight information.

London Stansted Airport - Five easyJet flights due to depart this morning were cancelled. no further information yet. Flight information.

Luton Airport - some airlines have chosen to cancel a number of flights. Flight information.

Manchester Airport - No flights 0700-1300 but the airport will stay open and passengers are advised to arrive as normal. Flight information.

Newcastle Airport - Passengers can still check in if advised to do so by their airline but arrivals are cancelled until further notice. Departures cancelled or subject to indefinite delay. Flight information.

Norwich Airport - All flights cancelled until 14:00. Flight information.

Robin Hood Airport - All flights suspended until at least 13:00. Flight information.

Southampton Airport - All northbound flights grounded. Flights into the airport from Paris, Belfast, Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow, Durham via Leeds and Edinburgh have been cancelled. Flight information.

Problems have been reported at Leeds Bradford. Northbound flights from Newquay airport also disrupted.

Ireland

Dublin Airport - flights disrupted. Flight information.

Northern Ireland

Belfast International Airport - closed. Flight information.

Derry Airport - Disruption. Flight information.

George Best Belfast City Airport - closed. Flight information.

Scotland

Passengers are instructed NOT to travel to Scottish airports. All arriving and departing flights are currently suspended.

Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and all 10 Highlands and Islands airports are closed until further notice.

Highlands and Islands Airports said there were no flights in and out of any of
its airports because of the ash.

Wales

Cardiff Airport - disruptions to all flights. Passengers advised to contact tour operator before travelling to the airport. Flight information.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2010 6:44 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Live flight tracker.

Be very patient whilst loading; because of the ongoing situation the site is heavily oversubscribed and may not load first time...

An alternative live flight tracker can be found here

At this moment in time 1830hrs (GMT+2hrs)

All UK airspace closed

All Dutch Airspace closed

All Belgian Airspace closed

All Norwegian, Swedish and Danish Airspace closed...

Eurocontrol are discussing the situation; there is a possibility of Northern France Airspace closing.

BBC has reported that extra police had to be drafted in to Malaga Airport when passengers started 'kicking off'

fb

Update at 1920hrs;

Paris CDG and Orly will close at 2100 tonight

Lille already closed along with 24 other French Airports.

French and German airports are handling huge numbers of diversions.

This message was last edited by foxbat on 15/04/2010.

This message was last edited by foxbat on 15/04/2010.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
16 Apr 2010 2:11 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 3:01 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I hope this will be over very soon as I'm about to fly off to UK next week.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 10:17 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Forhotspot

We, too, are due to fly back to the UK (Friday 23rd) so, rather naturally, are feeling concerned.

Our friends, Steve & Liz, are due out here on Tuesday 20th, more friends, Em ('Auntie Em' on here) & Ken are due out here Monday 19th. I spoke with Em last night & she said they are renting an apartment in Torrevieja but the agent has told them that the apartment's previous renters .. due to have left two days ago .. are still in residence!! Nightmare for many. Just heard most flights from England now stopped till at least 7pm tonight! Some till 1am Monday! OMG!

We were in an internet cafe asking about something to do with my netbook yesterday & all eight terminals were full of people with either Easyjet, Ryanair or another airline on the screens.

Anyway good luck to us BOTH for next week. When are you due to fly?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 17/04/2010.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 10:32 AM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

What with the airlines stopping, trying land and sea is just as big a problem.  Friend out there and the next available ferry from Santander to Plymouth is Thursday afternoon getting to UK 0930 hrs Friday morning. At least it will get you back to the UK albeit a bit late.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 10:46 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

We were due out on sunday but we've changed to wednesday but after the news this morning this is looking unlikely.  We need the volcano to stop and a strong Atlantic breeze!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 12:40 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi all

should have flown out this morning, now changed flight to Monday but not hopeful, according to the news there is no telling when flight will commence. It was Iceland's banking system that caused problems not long ago, now it's their volcano's, not going to shop there any more!

Tech.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 12:55 PM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

An update.  Just to make matters worse would you believe it there is a rail strike in Spain next week.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 5:57 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Does anyone know what is happening at Spanish airports? I just wondered if you turned up at Alicante Airport for the return leg of the flight are the airlines looking after their customers? That is what they were saying on UK TV this morning should be happening. Just wanted to know what the real situation was. Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 6:25 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi More,

I'm leaving Canada on 24th evening. This is scary if I got to stay even for another day here. I hope BA won't cancel  the flight.

Yes good luck to BOTH of us.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 7:42 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Doubt it! At San Javier airport yesterday people were looking for cheap accomodation. They must have turned up not knowing the situation.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 8:03 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I WAS due to fly out to Spain - via Monarch - from Gatwick at 9.15am on Monday morning.  They have just cancelled all flights for tomorrow and I'm sure that I'm going to have to re-book, since they said that the situation is getting worse - and will stay that way for 4-5 days (at least in this part of UK).  It seems that Monarch will hold the price of the ticket, if you rebook for a date within  a month of original travel date..

My friends have all asked me to tell them when I am next going on holiday.  My January one was a near disaster with the freak snow and ice - and I was lucky to get away.  But this time beaten by a volcano - can you believe it!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 9:02 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

I've got relatives stuck near Benidorm since last Thursday. Tonight I'm driving down to Dover, ferry to Calais, then driving to Barcelona to pick them up (brother in law coming with me to share driving).

Relatives run a local pub so in future I'Il be expecting to hear "no let me get that.. I owe you one" for several years to come!

On the positive side I'll be using it as an opportunity to research the route for future reference anyway..

Heard today they weren't taking any more foot passengers on trains in spain, but would allow cyclists,  so several people were buying bikes and getting on! 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2010 9:49 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

My son was due to fly from UK to Spain tomorrow with Jet2 from Manchester to Alicante but the flight has been cancelled until further notice, he does not expect to fly before Thursday at the earliest.

My friend who had booked a holiday in Mauritious on the 1st May has just had an email from the tour operator to say the flight had been cancelled and further details would be sent in a few days for other arrangements. I do not think this situation will be sorted out in a few days and if there is another erruption there will be further cancellations unfortunatley.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 7:41 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

To "add fuel to the fire", my wife tells me, after watching a Spanish TV channel, there is a fear of the current active volcano triggering an even larger one in the relative vicinity.

That would be absolutely horrendous!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 10:42 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

For the very latest information on this see http://www.nats.co.uk/ they are making the next update at 10-00 BST

S

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 11:15 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Flight ban to uk is extended till 17.00 today then up date but expected to be extended as no movement in the ash.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 11:50 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

News today said it could go on for months, due to fly out next Sunday .

Barry Island it is then

Anyone know how we stand on the car hire? As it's pay on pick up.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 18/04/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

babies traveling in cars - 1 posts
Professional Website & URL for Sale - 0 posts
Euro Coin Meters - Estepona/Manilva - 2 posts
Help looking for properties - 0 posts
fibre glass lining for fountain - 0 posts
What is the rule regarding website links in signature please? - 33 posts
Cadiz - How to check plusvalia tax online? - 0 posts
Car Parking Options at Malaga Airport - 2 posts
Free Card Guard! New lost & stolen card cancelling tool - 0 posts
Catering Goods Wanted - 10 posts
Palmo T150 - 7 posts
For those wanting something for literally NOTHING ... - 0 posts
Computer items for sale. - 4 posts
BBVA has made changes - 0 posts
Food hygiene - 4 posts
costa blanca news on line? - 1 posts
Wanted - 9 posts
Client has today received money back from Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
Car Hire in Cabo Roig, Costa Blanca Spain? - 1 posts
Looking for long term rental Fuengirola area - 5 posts
Mijas Town Hall not responding to illegal building work on existing property - WHY NOT - 0 posts
Trouble iwth Torresat tv? - 12 posts
Satellite TV - 0 posts
Earthquake - 4 posts
Register online for La Renta Tax??? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x