Spanish MEPs See The Light TOO?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar
Spain again is in the spotlight over what has been described as the zig-zag application of laws on property ownership. This time from their own MEPs’ who have woken up to the fact that in terms of property investment Spain is becoming a pariah state.

Spain's contempt for human rights is hardly a bright move when there’s intense competition for northern European investment: At a time of economic crisis, when green shoots are desperately needed, their stance is weed killer.

Of equal concern is the corruption; what can only be described as property owning apartheid mirrored in properties being seized whilst adjacent hotels are left untouched.

Such has the effect of branding Spain immoral, commercially incompetent, and institutionally corrupt. Sadly this negatively effects everyone in Spain who has an interest in property here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8584972.stm

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 8:37 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

This confirms what many of us already know and what several people on this forum have been in denial about.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 9:37 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Actually, Tish; I had intended tailing the comment by writing: 'I cannot wait for the usual band of brothers to leap to the defence of the indefensible.' I thought better of it but yes, seemingly some posters seem to take pleasure in swimming against the current'. It is perhaps their only way of standing out from the crowd? A bit like the child who shouts a naughty word to get a reaction. As I remarked on another forum they invariably keep their identies secret. Says it all really!

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 9:57 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

How would you like me to identify myself Mike????????????????   Standing out from the crowdf!!!???  Pathetic comment Mike.  So now we are banned from posting anything that goes against the current.

This message was last edited by Tish on 25/03/2010.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 10:00 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

La ley de la costas probably affects more Spaniards than foreign owners. I agree that there is no uniformity in the way in which it is applied. How can you have a house on Mallorca, built by the owners great,great,great grandfather, demolished ( Nov. 9th 2009 ) & the 300,000€ bill given to the Spanish traffic warden owner for demolition, whilst in the La Manga area an eyesore of 2 partially built apartment blocks on the beach nets the developers12,500,000 € & the gov. foot's the demolition bill? Why, in some places ,are they still building within 40 metres of the high -tide line ? Yes , there's corruption in Spain , personally I thought everyone knew that, but it is no different from any other country where it is just far better hidden & they've had a head start due to the years of dictatorship here.

Anywhere that you have people in positions of power , you will find corruption.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 10:18 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I wasn't being critical of you, Tish. In fact I was underscoring your earlier comment with which I agreed. There are those on forums who will always find a way to defend the indefensible. Your take on my original posting was spot on IMO. My aside was that in other forums it is notable that posters who display bloody-minded viciousness at worst, nasty minded comment at best, choose to keep their identities to themselves. We all know that anonymous letter writers are worthless: 

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 10:32 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I wasn't being critical of you, Tish.

Good to hear Mike.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 10:44 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

to  and  that's better   ...   cool

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Off to the UK today..... - 2 posts
It's been a slow week - 5 posts
Stolen Dog please help - 6 posts
Budget Day 2010 - 10 posts
moving to Spain in 2011 - 3 posts
Car Wanted - 1 posts
S : 2 Bar-Restaurante, Torrevieja. 27 March - 0 posts
The new British Identity Cards - 13 posts
Baby seats - 1 posts
Murcia airport car hire - 18 posts
Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Long term rental in and around Barcelona - 0 posts
Car sales - 2 posts
Solicitor needed VillaMartin area - 1 posts
Los Alcazares - 7 posts
Gardener required in La Cala area - 2 posts
Learning Spanish in England. - 5 posts
Seafood restaurant - 3 posts
Seafood restaurant - 2 posts
Car hire-Estepona area - 3 posts
Will things ever change? - 17 posts
valle de sol, murcia- pegasus developers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x