Endesa - are they contactable?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2010 2:33 PM by bselectrical.eu Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 7:39 PM by bselectrical.eu Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Apologies, didnt realise what i posted was advertising

Endesa are a nightmare. The phone system is beyond belief. You can wait literally for hours before someone answers your call & then cross your fingers they can talk english. The website has an English section but to access it you need to answer several questions in Spanish. As one client said 'its like they dont want to give you electricity' and in some cases they dont.

There fleet of cars on the road are new 4x4's. Their charges are astronomical. Their offices only open 5 hours a day & those who work for them will work at their own (snails) pace.... until the clock approaches 2pm (closing time) when they finally pull your finger out for fear of having to stay late.

And if you are lucky enough to get to the end of the process & they agree to 'plug you in'  then you are told 'the tecnico (sevillana worker) will call you once & only once to say he is coming to install the new meter..... if you miss this call  the contract gets terminated & you start the process again'

You wouldnt get away with it in the UK.... but then your not in the UK your in Spain. Dont forget.... 30yrs ago they were all still going to work on donkeys.

My advice is get someone who knows what they're doing to deal with them.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2010 3:02 PM by bebopdebob Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

bselectrical.eu

I agree about Sevillana Endessa.
I had to deal with the Endessa office in Vera a number of times and I can say without doubt that they are the most useless company I have ever had to deal with anywhere or anytime.
I tried to contact them many times over 2 years to tell them they hadn't taken any money for my electricity consumtion. When they finally did they made a huge mistake, overcharged me, tried to take a huge amount by direct debit without warning me and when there wasn't enough in the account to cover it they switched me off in an instant.
I tried to resolve the situation by phone with office in Vera. After 4 days I finally got to talk with someone at aound 12.55pm. At 13.00pm precisely the phone went dead and despite many attempts I couldn't get back in touch.

In a fury I arrived at the Vera office the next morning. Managed to speak to the woman whom I had been dealing with the day before and I asked her why she cut me off? Her reply was that it was 1 oclock and that's the end of her working day. I asked if it was normal just to cut someone short in mid conversation and she replied yes it is! And asked me very rudely, just what is my problem.
She thought I was crazy.

After I presented my meter readings they accepted there had been a mistake. They raised a new bill. I tried to pay on my credit card but no. They wouldn't take cash. I couldn't transfer directly into their account because they had no way of tracing where the money came from. They wouldn't set up a new direct debit with my bank because the bank had already rejected the first request. They wanted me to set up a new direct debit with another bank ???????
They made it impossible for me to pay the bill. So I went home and although it's illegal I switched the power on again and I never saw or heard from them again and I sold the property to some Spanish people a year later. They checked the outstanding amount with Endessa which was a fraction of what my unpaid bill from Endessa was the previous year. I glady paid the new owners the outstanding sum in cash and ran.

Dealing with many Spanish companies such as Telefonica and the Correos is like banging your head against the wall but by for complete and utter incompetence you would have to go a long way to beat Endessa? Absolutely useless! 

Like 0      
23 Apr 2012 9:16 AM by CalaHills Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I know this is an old list but I'm adding this here as I found it useful. I have just come from the Endesa office in Fuengirola. They are open in the morning I think 9 to 12 and then again in the evening 4:30 to 6. However on Friday they are only open in the morning.

We arrived on Monday morning at 9:15 and collected the ticket on the right of the door, we had to wait over two and a half hours hours to be seen, we were number 30 in the queue. As its a block along from the seaside we just sat and had a coffee and read the paper checking the progress of the numbers.

We then discovered that CajaSur had changed the bank account numbers and had to go back. I got there 15 minutes before it opened on Wed afternoon and was second in the queue. The ticketing numbers started anew so I only had to wait ten minutes before I was seen. There were a lot less people waiting for that session.

The girl there spoke good English. It takes 1-5 working days to reconnect the electricity but as we were flying back home on Sunday she added a note saying to reconnect us between 1 and 4 days and I'm not sure when it was reconnected but when we went to the apartment Thursday pm it was on.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 3:45 PM by mar6rita Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I tried for hours to contact Endesa by telephone from England but when I finally got through there was nobody there who could speak english. As usual they would go off to find someone to help me and then cut me off. I waited until I was next in Spain and went to their office in Fuengirola at 8.30am to try and avoid the queues. No luck. I was 8th in line and had to wait an hour and a half only to be told they could not deal with me as the names on the contract of my two apartments had not been changed and I would have to pay €286 each apartment. When I pointed out they had been taking money from my bank account regardless of different name she just shrugged and refused to offer any more help. I was so furious I thought I was going to have a heart attack. In frustration I went to my solicitor in La Cala and she gave me a leaflet of a company she had just signed with for the very same reason. No customer support even for her although she is spanish. I have now signed with ibedrola and they are fantastic. Offices open from 9 to 5. All english speaking. courteous and helpful. No problem with the changeover, they dealt with everything. No charge for name change, so I have already saved €600. Lower charges and an actual bill reading every two months, not an actual and an estimated like endesa. They can be contacted through midastelecom or midasenergy. this may sound as if I am promoting them as part of a sales team but I can assure you I am not. simply a very unhappy endesa customer who has found a fabulous alternative. Hope this helps all those who are totally fed up with endesa.

sandra

Like 0      
22 Jun 2013 10:18 AM by crisco Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I have had electric serviced from Endesa for more than 12 years. About 4 years ago I signed up with endesaonline after having been cut off on several occasions for non payment. I used to have direct debit but even that did not work as sometimes the bill was not paid for whatever reason, but there was no record of it even having been attempted to be withdrawn. So I used to pay manually at BBVA using an automatic teller and cash on the second (registered demand) as the first bill would arrive with a bill payment expiry date due before the bill arrived!. The same problem with Repsol, the Spanish post is sometimes very slow.

Anyway the online system worked quite well for several years, the main advantage being that you can see which bills have not been paid according to the system. Those familiar with all the utilities in Spain know that the monthly or bi monthly bills NEVER show a statement of account, or even an acknowledgement that the previous bill has been paid. If you do not have online access , it is sometimes a good idea to call the Freephone number to check if there any outstanding bills (according to Endesa) on a fairly regular basis.

With regards to Endesaa online, suddenly , for no good reason, the online account said I had no contracts associated with my account! I have tried for more than 12 months to get it reinstated, I started receiving paper bills again. Phoning the 800 number, even if you do get through to an English speaker, is of no use. They do not have any connection with Endesa online. Endesaonline can only be contacted, online!. Whilst the site is in English, any email automated response is in Spanish. There is supposed to be a complaint procedure but you cannot get the number online that you need to file a complaint. No wonder Spain is in such a poor state if they cannot even sort the billing process out for major utilities at the same time as taking more than 20% in VAT. At least in the UK we have a choice of supplier.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2013 11:59 AM by 11111111 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

As an update to my original posting of a few years back.

It seems Endesa a now trying a little harder. They have a nice new shiny office in an old building buried away in a little old street in old town Marbella and by now there should be a brand new office - due to open the Monday after I left - in Fuengirola just 50mtrs up the road from what was Halifax Bank that became Lloyds Bank and will presumably soon change to Banco Sabadell. Endesa Fuengirola office wasn't yet open when I was there but must be situated around number 20 to 30, no phone details either. The new Endesa Fuengirola office replaces the existing one near to the north end of the promenade road which is already only an engineers office.

My visit to the Marbella office to change my UK correspondence address was sorted in less than an hour which included about 35 minutes of waiting time so I rate that as quite good. I arrived at about 10:30 which appears to be a busy time. They have a ticketing system issued on arrival so waiting is controlled fairly. I was lucky in that the lady who dealt with me understood sufficient English together with my abysmal level of Spanish that there were no problems other than the expected difficulty of her grappling with the IT system that didn't really want to handle non Spain addresses.

Endesa offices in

Marbella: Calle Chorron 7, 29600. Old town Marbella. Near to the fortress in Calle Portada. Tel +34 952 860391

Fuengirola: Calle Héroes del Dos de Mayo , 29640. Fuengirola

Hope that helps

Like 0      
22 Aug 2013 8:56 AM by PingerUK Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there

Does anyone know how to contact Endesa from the UK? The 800 number for customer service doesn't work here and I can't find an email address on their website?

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any way of getting a MOT in spain, or equivalent. - 43 posts
beware of trying to get out of a mess in spain - 2 posts
Zapatero gets a bashing over demolitions - 25 posts
helpme find plumber/bathroom designer DAVID ORTON was UK based - 7 posts
new to forum about to conclude jardines - 11 posts
Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts
PROPERTY NEEDED UNDER 120k - 0 posts
Social Security Help - 1 posts
de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts
Drive to Spain - 4 posts
Taking lizards to spain - 3 posts
car hire prices - 10 posts
spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts
Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts
Postal redirection - 3 posts
BMI baby Cardiff to Murcia - 4 posts
Valuations - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x