Poser for all you rental owners

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by papriv Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

This year unlike other years has not been as good for renting. This is inspite of me advertising with one of the largest sites on the internet that provided me with over 200enquires. And two smaller ones that sent me between 20 and 30 each.

Now here is what I want to pose to you people.  I only managed to convert 4 enquiries from the larger site but 5 and 6 from the two smaller ones.  Which has got me thinking. Are the larger ones sending out enquiries via some kind of remote system to make it look as though they are doing really well for me?

I am working on my computer most of the day and therefore can respond to an enquiry as soon as it comes in.  I write a nice polite email answering any questions. Another thing I noticed is that most of the enquiries from the large site are for the peak season. Yet the smaller sites are spread all over the year.

I am not alone in this. Several people I know are also begining to question things because their conversion rate is not that good compared to the volume of enquiries they get.

Personally, I am going to drop the big site and maybe take on another smaller one just for 2009 and see how that pans out. Because to take only 6 weeks bookings does not warrent paying out nearly £300 a year. Whereas £300 over three small sites and hopefully 20+ weeks makes more sence.   What are your thoughts on this? Cliff

This message was last edited by papriv on 12/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 11:10 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I use one of the big companies and results have been very disappointing for the cost involved. I have had about 10 enquiries and no conversions, but I am in the middle of a lot of competition for my area. My best results were from sites where I either paid nothing or a nominal fee was involved. We managed 10 weeks this year, which wasn't bad for our first year, but all were peak season.

I don't know about the auto emails as wouldn't that count as fraud? There is a representative registered on the forum for one of the big lettings agencies, although I haven't seen her post for a while. I am sure she could give you a definitive answer.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 12:13 PM by Pedroinspain Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Our neighbours manage a large spanish rentals company which has numerous branches throughout Spain it is mainly reliant on bookings being taken over the internet. they assure me that, unlike other years, the rentals market has taken a helluva'  of a beating!  Both the spaniards wishing to holiday by the coast and other nationalities have chosen to remain "at home" leaving many properties empty even during the high season.

It is not only the property owners who are finding it tough, spare a thought for the other people reliant on your properties rental, they too are suffering as a consequence of the "down-turn".

Let's hope that the current economic depression is short-lived and that a brighter outlook can be enjoyed in the new year!

Regards,

Pedro.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 5:17 AM by cez6 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hey, Markfish that's very common to all of the business owners like you.. Starting a business will cost too expensive so you should be prepared about it. If you know how to handle it you'll be successfull.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

White Goods and Air Con - 14 posts
EOS Christmas fun thread - add 3 words to a Christmas Carol!! - 102 posts
Tips on keeping your house warmer in winter - 0 posts
Unbelievable! - 9 posts
sat installer mar menor area - 4 posts
has anyone used villapac? - 3 posts
Animal Charity in the Costa del Sol - ADANA - 2 posts
Cheap phone calls from Spain - 0 posts
Apolo Properties of Santomera - Murcia - 9 posts
First Assembly of Owners - 6 posts
tenerife - still a party island? - 3 posts
National Holiday weekend 6-8 Dec... - 2 posts
Property Rental required from Jan for professional man. (long term) - 8 posts
Having a baby in Orihuela Cost - 3 posts
Claiming your free flight from a Ryanair credit card - 4 posts
xx long term rental required to begin jan 2009..oliva, denia, anywhere around the mongto mountian.xx - 1 posts
For the creative type - 0 posts
Vodafone / Mobile Shops in Alicante / Moraira?? - 4 posts
Can't post comments on Blogs - 2 posts
Buying a Car in Spain - 0 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income? - 2 posts
Re-mortgage advice - 2 posts
Christmas Day Restaurant in Estepona/Duquesa Area? - 8 posts
new horse beeding for sale - 0 posts
Basura Charges - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x