Child Travelling in Front Seats

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2008 12:00 AM by headless Star rating in Gandia. 40 posts Send private message

headless´s avatar
Hello nice peeps,
     The little mite will start school in Sept....he'll still be under 3 years of age until Oct. We presently have a large 4 by 4 which needs a tin opener to extract it from our underground parking space....something my wife doesn't really feel up to. So thinking of getting a Smart Lunch Box (2 seater) for the school run. Does anyone here know if our mighty atom can travel in such a vehicle? Thanks.

Like 0      
29 May 2008 8:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I've often wondered this.  I think kids under 12 must go in the back, but if you haven't got rear seats then I suppose they'd have to go in the front!  I assume in those circumstances it would be ok, but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge on this subject can confirm it.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 May 2008 8:29 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,
I don't know about Spain, however in the UK a child can travel on any seat ( in the car) so long as they are in an approved saftey seat for their age and weight. I would assume Spain is much the same. Perhaps a quick call to the British Embassy would give you the answer.
I would be concerned re. a front air bag. If the car has one, can it be turned off?
Regards,
Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
29 May 2008 9:20 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I have found the following information on this website - http://www.getspain-spain.com/driving_in_spain.html

Laws and regulations about child car seats in Spain

Please ensure that the car seat is EU-CE approved.

Basically children must be carried to ensure the maximum chance of survival in the event of a serious accident or when a vehicle is forced to make a sudden emergency stop. With this in mind all people in vehicles up to 9 seats including the driver, are required to wear an approved seat belt if fiited and in the case of children, approved seats specially designed for the purpose.

What are the requirements?

Up to 9 months and up to 10 kg, a carrycot must be used laid across the rear seat and secured with the car's safety belt or any specially approved attachment.

From 10kg to 13kg and up to 2 years of age, a child's car seat fitted in the rear with the child facing rearwards.

From 9kg to 18kg and from 9 months to 3 years old, child seats facing frontwards or rearwards , fitted in the rear of the car and secured as detailed in the seats instructions.

From 15kg to 25kg and 3 to 6 years of age, use a seat adaptor (elevator) to lift the child up to fit comfortably with, if necessary, a CE-EU approved seat belt adaptor.

From 22kg to 36kg and 6 to 12 years of age, use a seat elevator so that the child is comfortably protected using the seat belts.

Children up to the age of 12 are not allowed to sit in the front seat.

Unfortunately it does not clarify the situation for a car with no back seats.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts
Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts
jackoi - 5 posts
Any lawyers in Duquesa that will help make our Will - 5 posts
?what is happening with Dona Julia golf developments in Casares costa, Malaga. - 12 posts
Bouncy castle - 0 posts
take UK television to spain - 0 posts
What is the situation if promised bank guarantees were not obtained? - 15 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
rental companies - 1 posts
Facebook - 42 posts
taxes - 2 posts
hi - 4 posts
First Stay In Our Apartment - 6 posts
disabled needs - 6 posts
Late Completion - 3 posts
OUR FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEOS - 130 posts
how long? - 6 posts
Baby equipment hire - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Motocross - 12 posts
KIA SORRENTO - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x