meds

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by colettel Star rating in belfast soon to be p.... 23 posts Send private message

Hi, i get free meds here due to the working tax credits im on meds for high blood pressure will i have to pay for these in spain

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 12:58 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Colette again

There's SO MUCH been discussed on healthcare in Spain, you'll have to search for info. Type "healthcare" into the keyword search facility & there's loads to read.

We have a member "Bobaol" who used to respond but he's on his way to live on the CB & isn't posting for the time being. He has, however, posted much on healthcare in here but the CB arrangements do differ to the CDS. There's Rixxy on the CDS, Smiley, Justin (site owner) Roberto to name some who pop in here a lot. Maybe they'll come in & advise both on this & your child's specs.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/24/2008.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 10:37 AM by colettel Star rating in belfast soon to be p.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks again will start reading up later today

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I don't think your tax credits will count for much here, but I honestly don't know. You will be able to sign on to the Social Security here and get free healthcare (equivalent to NHS) but do read up all the previous threads about this, as More suggested. There's lots to know. Good news is, if necessary before you get sorted, your blood pressure medication you will be able to buy over the counter of any pharmacy, even without a prescription, as long as you show them what you're taking, and it's not expensive.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 12:04 PM by colettel Star rating in belfast soon to be p.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto it seems i will have a lot of reading to do me gp as also said he will give me a few months supply until i get sorted so thanks again

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 12:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Rob, regarding BP meds I have to differ. Depends on what you're taking, I believe ! A friend of ours says theirs is cheaper than UK but when I showed (Quesada) pharmacy my prescription (Plendl or Felodopine) & the box, I was told the generic alternative, cheapest, was around 4 x more.  I would expect once you're sorted with a Dr. it could change, I don't know & have been trying to find out for absolutely ages. Infuriating, isn't it ?

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Tenoretic 100mg (generic = atenolol) retails at €14.55 for 56; with SS prescription, 90% discount. That's cheap! Like you say, all depends what you're taking.

Atorvastatins (for cholesterol) are far more expensive, and for some reason known to the Social Security, the discount is only about 60%.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 4:06 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Gosh - a good bottle of wine is 4 euros and lowers blood pressure straight away!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 4:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
...............but unfortunately is not available on prescription at 90% discount!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Jan 2008 5:44 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Collete,

Blood Pressure medication without a prescription can be pricey? Approval one treatment that Uk doctors like to prescribe costs €24 in Marbella!

By the way, Ignore Rixxy's comments about A bottle of Red a day, @ €4 it's just NOT cost effective? mmmm or is it?

Mike T

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 3:32 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Maybe not, but after the first half bottle youre too chilled out to care anyway!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
28 Jan 2008 1:51 PM by colettel Star rating in belfast soon to be p.... 23 posts Send private message

Hello ricky, well all the wine in the world would not cure my blood pressure as it s not cause through stress , no i was lucky it runs in the family the only thing my da has ever give me lol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x