Short term rental required

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2021 6:24 PM by Ges Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi, we are looking for a short term rental property around the Manilva area. Ideally 2 bedroom and needs to be dog friendly as we are taking our aging labrador on her first holiday abroad. We love watching the sun set so would like the direction of the terrace to reflect this. The only other critera is great wifi as it will be a working break. Thank you

Like 0      
21 May 2021 9:12 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Like 1      
22 May 2021 8:52 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You didn't say how long you intend staying ..I am guessing under 3 months so you are looking at holiday rentals ..you are going to be paying through the nose for the rental..you also mentioned that you will be working remotely ..under the present EU rule's this is not permitted as you are on a holiday ..but you can apply to have a work visa or better still don't mention work in Spain when you arrive..I think you might also be over optimistic with your holiday rental requirements ... good luck anyway.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 22/05/2021.

Like 1      
22 May 2021 9:22 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Sorry windtalker but that's wrong. You can work in Spain if it's for a company and clients  that are outside Spain. You don't need a work permit for that and is one of the things allowed under the non lucrative visa as well.

Loads of people work from home when they are on holiday. Just a good internet connection is all you need.

Like 3      
22 May 2021 10:01 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Yes Mariedave you are correct ..many Brits work and earn money in Spain illegally / don't pay Taxes on the income this includes working remotely ...

Like 1      
23 May 2021 12:16 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Believe your biggest hurdle is finding suitable rental property where a dog  will be  accepted. 

Like 1      
23 May 2021 5:22 PM by Ges Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you for all of your replies. It is a semi working holiday, hense being able to stay longer than two weeks. Disappointing regarding the dog situation as I know that she is quieter than my children ever were.

Like 0      
23 May 2021 6:47 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Replying from experience in trying to secure  short term rental with our dog whilst waiting for our build to be completed He was well behaved and never allowed on furniture but we ended up in a holiday chalet that was due to be demolished !!

If you are prepared to be inland then may be more fortunate as renting out isn't so easy.

Like 1      
23 May 2021 8:59 PM by Ges Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you floella, how crazy, my dog also doesn't go on the furniture or upstairs but the good ones seem to get tarnished, most frustrating! Could you recommend any where inland please? we are flexible with areas but would like to be within a short drive to Gibraltar. Thank you

Like 0      
23 May 2021 9:18 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Don't know that part of Spain, sorry.

I live 15 mins inland and have German neighbours who are renting who have 2 Alsatians . Which is why I mentioned it might be possible.

Can only advise that you contact agents who rent rural properties.

Words of warning though,  inland does have a higher risk of dogs catching Leishmania. For protection your dog will need a  special collar and  to be indoors between dusk and dawn and beware the processional caterpillar located where there are pine trees.

Wish you well in your search

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dog EU passports - 2 posts
Fake news...hope so - 20 posts
All won cases for you by CostaLuz Lawyers in 2021 - 0 posts
Contact lenses subscription in Madrid, Spain as Boots UK are going to stop my service - 4 posts
Costa del sol or Costa Calida - 4 posts
Tax - if refused residency - 3 posts
living in spain now - 12 posts
Iberdrola changing clients to Siesta Energy - 2 posts
New speed limits in force 11/05/2021 - 5 posts
Party wall - 2 posts
Gama builders - 0 posts
Game builders - 0 posts
Labels - 0 posts
Watchmanager - 4 posts
renewing spanish driving licence. - 2 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Guadalmina golf share - 0 posts
buying a small boat - 2 posts
ITV and insurance documents - 4 posts
Buying in Fuente de Piedra? - 7 posts
Pool builders in Costa blanca south - 1 posts
Student? - 1 posts
Ibi office estepona - 1 posts
Won cases so far in 2021 by Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x